Windows 10: Check if I can transfer my Windows 10 Home license to a new computer

Discus and support Check if I can transfer my Windows 10 Home license to a new computer in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I was planning on buying a new computer this year and I was trying to check if I could transfer my current windows license. I bought it with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Matt_255, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Matt_255 Win User

Check if I can transfer my Windows 10 Home license to a new computer

I was planning on buying a new computer this year and I was trying to check if I could transfer my current windows license. I bought it with the computer, so I was expecting a OEM license which would not be transferable. But running the "slmgr /dli" command on the cmd, I obtained the following message:

Check if I can transfer my Windows 10 Home license to a new computer 11319675-c68a-40d7-82db-dff267f2e917?upload=true.png

So, can i trust that this is really a retail license? If it is, will I be able to install Windows 10 in my new computer without the old key?

:)

Matt_255, Apr 10, 2021

2. How to transfer windows 10 license to a new computer?

If its the free upgrade originated from an OEM Windows 7 or Windows 8 preinstalled license, it is still not transferrable, even though it says its retail in the command line using slmgr.vbs /dlv command.

Only licenses upgraded from a retail Windows 8 or Windows 7 or full Windows 10 license.

Learn more:

Andre Da Costa, Apr 10, 2021
  3. Andre Da Costa, Apr 10, 2021
  4. Check if I can transfer my Windows 10 Home license to a new computer

New Compute, Windows 10 (upgrade) Activation Transfer

It depends on how Windows 10 was originally configured on your computer.

If its a full retail store bought license online or offline, it is transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

If its the free upgrade from a retail store bought Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it is transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

If its the free upgrade from a OEM preinstalled Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it is NOT transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

Learn more about transferring your license:

Also see if you can reactivate using chat support:

Andre Da Costa, Apr 10, 2021
Thema:

Check if I can transfer my Windows 10 Home license to a new computer

1. Check if I can transfer my Windows 10 Home license to a new computer - Similar Threads - Check transfer Home

2. Can I transfer my window 10 license to a new costume computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I transfer my window 10 license to a new costume computer?: HelloAfter 6 years my old costume computer just died. I still have the license key of it. I'm building a new costume computer. What CD should I buy to install windows 10 if I already have the license key? I saw out there a recover CD with full installation OS. Should I buy it...
  3. Can I transfer my window 10 license to a new costume computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I transfer my window 10 license to a new costume computer?: HelloAfter 6 years my old costume computer just died. I still have the license key of it. I'm building a new costume computer. What CD should I buy to install windows 10 if I already have the license key? I saw out there a recover CD with full installation OS. Should I buy it...
  4. Can I transfer my window 10 license to a new costume computer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Transfer Windows 10 license to a new computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer Windows 10 license to a new computer: Hi, I have Windows 10 Pro which I got by updating for free from Windows 7 Professional, which I had bought on a disk. Sadly, that disk, together with the product key, were lost during the many times we had moved. Now, I am planning to buy a new computer, since this one...
  6. transfer windows 10 license to new computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    transfer windows 10 license to new computer: help transfer windows 10 license to new computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-windows-10-license-to-new-computer/217de9f5-000b-490d-b048-89632d3fa8e4
  7. Can I transfer my Windows 10 License to a new computer?

Can I transfer my Windows 10 License to a new computer?: I am wanting to build a new PC, and I currently own a laptop which I bought with Windows 10 Home pre-installed. I am wondering if there is any way that later I could transfer my current Windows 10 License to the new computer and just run the free Windows 10 version on this...
  8. How can I check if my Windows 10 PRO licence can be transfered to a new computer?

How can I check if my Windows 10 PRO licence can be transfered to a new computer?: I run Windows 10 Pro on a Mac Mini in bootcamp - thus it obviously wasn't bundled. I think I purchased a Win 8.1 licence years ago and later upgraded to Windows 10 Pro but I can't remember the details. Is there any way to see if my current licence can be removed from my...
  9. Can you transfer a Windows 10 license to a new computer?

Can you transfer a Windows 10 license to a new computer?: Hello, I've just built a new computer and I want to transfer a digital license from my laptop to the new PC. The license is linked to my Microsoft account and I lost my original key. Is there any way to transfer that license to my new PC? thanks...
  10. Can I transfer my Windows 10 license to an new computer I assembled?

Can I transfer my Windows 10 license to an new computer I assembled?: My existing computer was loaded with Windows 7 Pro and was upgraded for free to 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-transfer-my-windows-10-license-to-an-new/93952858-ba40-41e2-855e-bdf862ff2d97"