Windows 10: Check if my Windows 10 license is valid

Discus and support Check if my Windows 10 license is valid in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; First and foremost, I bought my license with the PC which I got directly from Lenovo. No shady third parties involved, not a refurbished version of any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Lenni vH, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Lenni vH Win User

Check if my Windows 10 license is valid

First and foremost, I bought my license with the PC which I got directly from Lenovo. No shady third parties involved, not a refurbished version of any kind.

Because the performance of my PC has become very bad over the last year, I wanted to reset my PC & install both Linux and Windows. I was downloading the Windows ISO, when I noticed, that my product key (listed under Control Panel > System and Security > System) consists mainly of zeros, which was kind of suspicious to me.

I was searching over the internet and found some articles on the Microsoft Forums ("genuine", etc.) but they were deleted. "Digital licenses" was also something I read about, and I was wondering if that's a possibility (I don't remember entering a product key when I had to reset my PC the last time because of a BSOD). My plan was to avoid the Reset Option in the Windows Settings, because I wanted to set up some kind of Dual Boot with both Linux and Windows, and - as far as I know - that is not possible with this way.

So, my question is, is there any way, to check, whether my product key is valid? Or is it possible, that I don't have to enter a product key, because it is digitally linked to my PC??

And last but not least, can I use this license key also with the English version of Windows 10, because I've ever had my PC run the German version?

Thank you for your help.

:)

Lenni vH, Dec 2, 2018
  2. P4-630 Win User

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Dec 2, 2018
  3. skippy258 Win User
    DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

this search might help you https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...o+to+get+it+activated+windows+10+blocked+keys

From http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Go to Start
      Check if my Windows 10 license is valid [​IMG]
      , then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Go to Store, and check to see if a valid license is available for your device. If a license isn't available, you'll need to buy Windows from the Store.

Note
      • This only applies if you haven't made changes to the hardware for your device.

or you could hack it with a crack but please note this is always risky and you don't know what's in the hack

skippy258, Dec 2, 2018
  4. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Dec 2, 2018
Thema:

1. Check if my Windows 10 license is valid - Similar Threads - Check license valid

2. Are my licenses valid?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are my licenses valid?: Split from this thread. Hi, Quick question, I assembled 3 PCs and installed OEM Windows 10 PRO purchased from Authorized Microsoft Distributor. The problem is when I run ShowKeyPlus software the info of the installed Key is the same on all PCs. NF6HC-QH89W-F8WYV-WWXV4-WFG6PIs...
  3. Are my licenses valid?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are my licenses valid?: Split from this thread. Hi, Quick question, I assembled 3 PCs and installed OEM Windows 10 PRO purchased from Authorized Microsoft Distributor. The problem is when I run ShowKeyPlus software the info of the installed Key is the same on all PCs. NF6HC-QH89W-F8WYV-WWXV4-WFG6PIs...
  4. Are my licenses valid?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. How to check if license is valid?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to check if license is valid?: Hi, We are about to buy some mini-PCS from a vendor. They are offering 2 kinds: without OS and with Windows Pro installed charging $12,00 per device. We've bought 2 samples to check and I run "slmgr /dlv" to check if everything is fine. The device is conected to the internet...
  6. How to check if license is valid?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to check if license is valid?: Hi, We are about to buy some mini-PCS from a vendor. They are offering 2 kinds: without OS and with Windows Pro installed charging $12,00 per device. We've bought 2 samples to check and I run "slmgr /dlv" to check if everything is fine. The device is conected to the internet...
  7. How to check if license is valid?

8. hi; how to check the validity of a license

hi; how to check the validity of a license: how I can check if my VDA licenses still are validated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-how-to-check-the-validity-of-a-license/6f4240ec-7d67-4519-9bcb-8b2f26695431
  9. How can i check if a Windows 10 license key is valid?

How can i check if a Windows 10 license key is valid?: So guys, I want to know how i can check if a Windows 10 (education) license key is valid? Like is there a website for it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-check-if-a-windows-10-license-key-is/9a488c95-7d7c-4b6a-8ae1-b5c76484db17"
  10. Checking Windows 10 license key validity.

Checking Windows 10 license key validity.: Hi, I just bought Windows 10 license key. How do I know that the license is valid without using it yet? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/checking-windows-10-license-key-validity/f2efd7d3-fa82-448a-a88b-b18e0c2e984b"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. check windows license

2. is my windows valid

3. is my windows 10 valid

4. verify windows license,
  5. check if windows license is valid,
  6. check my windows license,
  7. windows 10 license check,
  8. windows license check,
  9. is my windows license valid,
  10. is my windows 10 license valid,
  11. windows licence check,