Windows 10: Check if System is Shared

Discus and support Check if System is Shared in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I never want to share my computer! How can I tell if my computer is shared? [Original Title: malware & virus]... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RoseannClaiborne, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Check if System is Shared

I never want to share my computer! How can I tell if my computer is shared?

[Original Title: malware & virus]

:)

RoseannClaiborne, Oct 13, 2019

2. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Oct 13, 2019
  3. DTG1 Win User
    Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

4. Sasqui Win User

Check if System is Shared

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Oct 13, 2019
Thema:

Check if System is Shared

1. Check if System is Shared - Similar Threads - Check System Shared

2. Shared System Memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shared System Memory: Hello,I updated my pc From windows 8.1 to Windows 10 10240 because I am still running an HDD for Boot-up. One thing I noticed was that before installing the Graphics driver the System shared memory which is half of your RAM 4gb = 2gb shared memory is 7GB because I have 14GB...
  3. Shared System Memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shared System Memory: Hello,I updated my pc From windows 8.1 to Windows 10 10240 because I am still running an HDD for Boot-up. One thing I noticed was that before installing the Graphics driver the System shared memory which is half of your RAM 4gb = 2gb shared memory is 7GB because I have 14GB...
  4. Shared System Memory

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. System file check

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System file check: Ran system file check. Verification stopped at 21%. Message: Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation. Help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-file-check/ed6b1fa7-6901-4c70-baf0-eee02176aa60
  6. System Spell Check

in Windows 10 Support
    System Spell Check: On my other Windows 10 computer, there is (pretty) universal spell-checking. A wiggly red line under suspect words, suggestions available. You know the idea. Also on this computer if I create a new User Account. But not in my main User Account. The settings in Devices/Typing...
  7. System File Check

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System File Check: Did a system file check, on the advice of others, and this was the report Can anyone tell me what I ought to do now, because corrupt files were found? Or do I need to do anything?? All instructions sent to me need to be idiot proof. [ATTACH]...
  8. Check In/Check Out Equipment Booking System

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Check In/Check Out Equipment Booking System: I need a system for users to pre-book equipment. It needs a calendar to check availability, make the booking (check out) and when the equipment is returned, we can check it back in. Ideally an intergartion with Dynamics 365 or even Zendesk would be great. I have found a...
  9. System Image Check?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Image Check?: How can I check that my system image will work in the case of a crash, Windows 10. 30807
  10. Checking system stablity

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Checking system stablity: I mentioned in another forum I've had issues with my laptop since about the time Windows 10 launched and I attempted to do an upgrade. After doing my latest re-install, I'm marginally satisfied that it's somewhat stable. I cannot say this with absolute confidence though as I...