Windows 10: check mark next to locked taskbar feature?

Discus and support check mark next to locked taskbar feature? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just noticed that locked has a checkmark next to it for taskbar.I didn't put it there. Is it supposed to be checked? I don't believe it should be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by paulaE., Aug 2, 2021.

1. paulaE. Win User

check mark next to locked taskbar feature?

I just noticed that locked has a checkmark next to it for taskbar.I didn't put it there. Is it supposed to be checked? I don't believe it should be locked. Is that correct?What does it being locked mean? And should it be? Pros and cons?Thanks

:)

paulaE., Aug 2, 2021

2. Windows 10 Taskbar sometimes on top of full-screen applications

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the Screen Resolution and check if this helps. Follow the steps below to do the same:

• Press ‘Windows ’ key on the keyboard.
    • In the search box, type Settings
    • SelectSystem > Display > Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, select a new value. We suggest you stick with the resolution marked
      "(Recommended)”.
    Also try locking and then unlocking the Taskbar and check if this helps. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click an empty space on the taskbar.
    • If Lock the Taskbar has a check mark next to it, the taskbar is locked.
    • If it does not have a check mark, click Lock the Taskbar.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Aug 2, 2021
  3. My Taskbar suddenly stretched out

Hello,

I realize that the Taskbar is stretched or extended in Windows. We will help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and check if the Lock the Taskbar
      is checked.
    • If it is checked, uncheck it and drag the taskbar down
      and check the taskbar to lock the taskbar again.
    • Check if the issue is resolved.
    Please post to us if the taskbar issue is resolved. We will help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 2, 2021
  4. check mark next to locked taskbar feature?

Windows 10 taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to resize the taskbar and check if it helps.

1. Right-click an empty area on the taskbar. If Lock the taskbar has a check mark next to it, the taskbar is locked. Unlock it by clicking Lock the taskbar, which removes the check mark.

2. Point to the edge of the taskbar until the pointer changes into a double-headed arrow‍‍ Picture of an arrow that indicates the taskbar is ready to be resized, and then drag the border to make the taskbar the size you want.

If you want to increase the size of the taskbar icons then you need to increase the screen resolution and check fi it helps.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 2, 2021
Thema:

check mark next to locked taskbar feature?

1. check mark next to locked taskbar feature? - Similar Threads - check mark next

2. green check marks on my photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    green check marks on my photos: How do I remove the ugly green check marks that OneDrive put on my photos?I do not wish to use OneDrive. I doln't even know how it happened or why.I didn't see an appropriate subtopic for this question.Thank youPaula...
  3. Green Check Marks on Icons?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Green Check Marks on Icons?: Microsoft advised to run cfs from dos. Did nothing. wish I would have looked here first. I didn't ask for backup. Did it on its own. Microsoft ownes our asses. Maybe switch to Apple?...
  4. Check Mark

in Windows 10 Support
    Check Mark: All of a sudden I've been getting these check marks on my desktop Icons. I refresh and they go away but after a few days they come back. Anyone know how to get rid of them permanently? [img] 158719
  5. Taskbar not staying locked even after checking "Lock the taskbar" option in settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar not staying locked even after checking "Lock the taskbar" option in settings: I was screwing around on my computer and installed Nexus Dock for some reason, but eventually got rid of it. However, now the dock isn't staying put no matter what option I try in settings. I don't understand why, since "Lock the taskbar" is checked when I right click on the...
  6. What is the meaning of the Green check marks ?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is the meaning of the Green check marks ?: This started a couple of days ago. Never had check marks in front of the drives before: [img] I Just checked my laptop which also has Win Pro, with all the same updates, it doesn't have the green check marks ? 150901
  7. What is the meaning of the Geen check marks ?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is the meaning of the Geen check marks ?: This started a couple of days ago. Never had check marks in front of the drives before: [img] I Just checked my laptop which also has Win Pro, with all the same updates, it doesn't have the green check marks ? 150901
  8. Check marks on photos

Check marks on photos: I just replaced my computer. I had Windows 10 on the old one and on this. Photos now on the desktop have an annoying check mar in the left corner before I open them. How do I get rid of them? I think my older version allowed me to get photo viewer back Doesn't seem available...
  9. Windows AntiVirus and Check Marks

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows AntiVirus and Check Marks: Its nice to know that Windows Anti Virus is checking files, but the check marks have become an annoying problem. Its like a bad rash that keeps spreading. Check marks are showing up on folders, on Picture, Document, Desktop icons etc. I am waiting for the Waste can to be...
  10. check marks and x's in file explorer?

check marks and x's in file explorer?: What are the check marks and x's at the corner of files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/check-marks-and-xs-in-file-explorer/f5c7e789-752f-420e-9914-97a028e6896e"