Windows 10: check marks and x's in file explorer?

Discus and support check marks and x's in file explorer? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; What are the check marks and x's at the corner of files?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dan Fitz, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Dan Fitz Win User

check marks and x's in file explorer?

What are the check marks and x's at the corner of files?

:)

Dan Fitz, Feb 3, 2019
  2. PBBldr Win User

Removing OneDrive Green Check Mark Icons in Windows 10 file explorer

Hi,
    Does anyone know if one can remove the green check marks in file explorer that indicate that a file is synced on OneDrive?
    If one is using list, details or small icon view, there is no way to visually see the file type.
    Thanks, Paul

PBBldr, Feb 3, 2019
  3. SlavaB. Win User
    File Explorer shows red "x" mark at a folder name

File Explorer shows red "x" mark next to a folder symbol, however this folder is accessible and seems all right. What does red "x" mark mean? Thank you

SlavaB., Feb 3, 2019
  4. check marks and x's in file explorer?

How to not separate pictures and videos in File Explorer?

Hi.

If Date Modified doesn't show on the options when you choose Sort by, we suggest that you perform this steps:

• In File Explorer, select the folder you want to have changes with.
    • Right-click and select Sort by.
    • Select More, then check if the Date modified option has a check mark.
    • Click OK, then try to perform again the steps provided by Acelyn Alc.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rachelle Gra, Feb 3, 2019
Thema:

check marks and x's in file explorer?

1. check marks and x's in file explorer? - Similar Threads - check marks x's

2. Red X marks in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Red X marks in File Explorer: My old computer and new computer are both running Windows 10. But on the new one I find two things that are not on the older one. 1 OneDrive seems to be built in. 2 Many files and folders show up in File Explorer with red X marks beside them. So I have two questions: 1...
  3. What is the meaning of the Geen check marks ?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is the meaning of the Geen check marks ?: This started a couple of days ago. Never had check marks in front of the drives before: [img] I Just checked my laptop which also has Win Pro, with all the same updates, it doesn't have the green check marks ? 150901
  4. Check marks on photos

Check marks on photos: I just replaced my computer. I had Windows 10 on the old one and on this. Photos now on the desktop have an annoying check mar in the left corner before I open them. How do I get rid of them? I think my older version allowed me to get photo viewer back Doesn't seem available...
  5. File Explorer check box sensitivity

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer check box sensitivity: I am trying to select some photos, using File Explorer. But check boxes keep getting checked even though they are not the photos I want to select. Also, when I do select by clicking the box, the picture gets opened with the Photos app. I don't want to open any photos, I just...
  6. Windows AntiVirus and Check Marks

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows AntiVirus and Check Marks: Its nice to know that Windows Anti Virus is checking files, but the check marks have become an annoying problem. Its like a bad rash that keeps spreading. Check marks are showing up on folders, on Picture, Document, Desktop icons etc. I am waiting for the Waste can to be...
  7. What does a red x mean by photos versus a green check mark? Hundreds of red x's have...

What does a red x mean by photos versus a green check mark? Hundreds of red x's have...: What does a red x mean by photos or photo files versus a green check mark? Hundreds of red x's have appeared by most of my photos. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-a-red-x-mean-by-photos-versus-a-green/0895c73c-a303-4c9d-84f0-63b2d3fbf55d"
  8. X Mark on Desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    X Mark on Desktop Icons: I recently noticed that I have x marks on the lower left of all my desktop icons. If I logoff and logon they disappear...until I add another icon. They then all come back. Have been searching for a solution. Any help appreciated. 115685
  9. Marking files

in Windows 10 Support
    Marking files: Hello all, I was wondering if anyone could help with the following; I've downloaded a mod for a video game and long story short I have to manually move a number of files from one folder to another when I want to play with the mod, and then delete those files when I wish...
  10. Removing OneDrive Green Check Mark Icons in Windows 10 file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Removing OneDrive Green Check Mark Icons in Windows 10 file explorer: Hi, Does anyone know if one can remove the green check marks in file explorer that indicate that a file is synced on OneDrive? If one is using list, details or small icon view, there is no way to visually see the file type. Thanks, Paul 33068

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 x and check marks in folder

2. check marks and x mark on folder

3. check mark by file explorer

4. what is green check in file explorer,
  5. what are check marks on file explorer folders,
  6. check mark on file in file browser,
  7. documents have small xs in file explorer,
  8. what are x and check marks on windos explorer,
  9. why do I have xs and check marks on my photos?,
  10. green check mark in file explorer,
  11. windows folder check marks and xs