Windows 10: Check marks on photos

Discus and support Check marks on photos in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just replaced my computer. I had Windows 10 on the old one and on this. Photos now on the desktop have an annoying check mar in the left corner... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JohnFiedler1, Dec 26, 2019.

1. Check marks on photos

I just replaced my computer. I had Windows 10 on the old one and on this. Photos now on the desktop have an annoying check mar in the left corner before I open them. How do I get rid of them? I think my older version allowed me to get photo viewer back Doesn't seem available on this version

Thanks for any help

John

:)

JohnFiedler1, Dec 26, 2019
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Check marks on photos :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Dec 26, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 26, 2019
  4. Check marks on photos

SlideShow in Photos app does not display more that 30 photos

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to remove and re-add the photos folder from Photo app. Follow the steps below:

• Open Photos App.

• Click on Settings.

• Under Sources click on the X mark next to the folder location listed to delete the location from Photos App.

• Once done try to re-add the folder by clicking on Add a Folder.

• Restart the computer and check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Dec 26, 2019
Thema:

Check marks on photos

1. Check marks on photos - Similar Threads - Check marks photos

2. green check marks on my photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    green check marks on my photos: How do I remove the ugly green check marks that OneDrive put on my photos?I do not wish to use OneDrive. I doln't even know how it happened or why.I didn't see an appropriate subtopic for this question.Thank youPaula...
  3. OneDrive - PHOTOS - marking a photo as a "FAVORITE"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive - PHOTOS - marking a photo as a "FAVORITE": As someone who desperately wants to work within the Microsoft Ecosystem, your solution for photos really stinks, particularly with marking photos as "Favorites". I am fully aware that the Windows 10 PHOTOS APP has the "heart" icon to "favorite" a particular photo....
  4. Green Check Marks on Icons?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Green Check Marks on Icons?: Microsoft advised to run cfs from dos. Did nothing. wish I would have looked here first. I didn't ask for backup. Did it on its own. Microsoft ownes our asses. Maybe switch to Apple?...
  5. File Explorer: Photo icons in View mode contain check mark

File Explorer: Photo icons in View mode contain check mark: When I move photos from my android phone to my PC they appear with a VERY ANNOYING check mark on the lower left corner when I view them as "icons - I go to the view tab and select large or very large icons I want to get rid of these. In fact I never want to see them. They...
  6. Check Mark

in Windows 10 Support
    Check Mark: All of a sudden I've been getting these check marks on my desktop Icons. I refresh and they go away but after a few days they come back. Anyone know how to get rid of them permanently? [img] 158719
  7. What is the meaning of the Green check marks ?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is the meaning of the Green check marks ?: This started a couple of days ago. Never had check marks in front of the drives before: [img] I Just checked my laptop which also has Win Pro, with all the same updates, it doesn't have the green check marks ? 150901
  8. What is the meaning of the Geen check marks ?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is the meaning of the Geen check marks ?: This started a couple of days ago. Never had check marks in front of the drives before: [img] I Just checked my laptop which also has Win Pro, with all the same updates, it doesn't have the green check marks ? 150901
  9. Windows AntiVirus and Check Marks

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows AntiVirus and Check Marks: Its nice to know that Windows Anti Virus is checking files, but the check marks have become an annoying problem. Its like a bad rash that keeps spreading. Check marks are showing up on folders, on Picture, Document, Desktop icons etc. I am waiting for the Waste can to be...
  10. check marks and x's in file explorer?

check marks and x's in file explorer?: What are the check marks and x's at the corner of files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/check-marks-and-xs-in-file-explorer/f5c7e789-752f-420e-9914-97a028e6896e"