Windows 10: Check Out My Feedback in the Windows 10 Hub- Computer Not Restarting Outside of Active Hours

Discus and support Check Out My Feedback in the Windows 10 Hub- Computer Not Restarting Outside of Active Hours in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Guys, Please check out my feedback in the Windows 10 Hub. "Computer Not Restarting Outside of Active Hours."The issue however happens only about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JackPlatt, Sep 11, 2020.

1. JackPlatt Win User

Check Out My Feedback in the Windows 10 Hub- Computer Not Restarting Outside of Active Hours

Guys,

Please check out my feedback in the Windows 10 Hub. "Computer Not Restarting Outside of Active Hours."The issue however happens only about every 2-3 months. Other months are fine with no problems, and this has been an on/off occurrence since build 1809. I am now on build 1909. No other problems with the computer or Windows 10 at all. It is only the restart tick that is sometimes being missed after Active Hours have ended. See my Feedback Hub thread for details, and please comment and upvote if this situation applies to you.

Feedback Hub- Computer Won't Restart Outside of Active Hours Sometimes

Jack

:)

JackPlatt, Sep 11, 2020
  2. JackPlatt Win User

Computer Not Restarting Outside of Active Hours (Build 1909)

Guys,

Ever since build 1803, I have had intermittent issues with my computer not restarting once Active Hours have ended. My Active Hours are set from 7AM to 1 AM, and around Patch Tuesday, or a day or so later, I correctly get a notice in Action Center that my
    PC needs to restart outside of Active Hours.

The thing is though, I have inactivity open from 1AM to 6:59 AM, and I will wake up the next day, and my computer has not performed the restart even though no one was using it during the night. ACTION CENTER MAY REPEAT THE PROCESS OF THE RESTART NOTIFICATION
    FOR 3-4 DAYS BEFORE THE RESTART HAPPENS. Other times, the restart outside of Active Hours happens as it should, so it is an intermittent issue.

Jack

JackPlatt, Sep 11, 2020
  3. karlliss Win User
    windows 10 is NOT restarting after a windows update even if is outside of active hours.

I start windows updates on my system and leave for dinner, expecting the updates to be finished and the system re-booted when i return.

when i return at 7:30 pm (outside of active hours) i find the update status screen with a status of "awaiting restart"

"your device is scheduled to restart outside of active hours. (Active hours are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm)"

If i click on "restart now" everything completes normally.

I have a screen print showing this information along with the system clock showing that the current time is outside of active hours (is it possible to post that screen print here?)

This is NOT a new problem and actually happens on more than one PC, but i am getting tired of going though the extra steps and waiting for completion of this process that should have already finished while i was away from my PC.

Why won't my system reboot outside of active hours after updates are complete?

Windows 10 pro

version 1709

os build 16299.334

Active hours are 8am to 5pm.

karlliss, Sep 11, 2020
  4. Check Out My Feedback in the Windows 10 Hub- Computer Not Restarting Outside of Active Hours

Disable Active hours?

Hello Daniel,

If you wish to add more hours or to have an option to turn off the Active Hours, then the feature is currently unavailable on Windows phone. It is best if you can send a suggestion to make the features available using the
    Feedback Hub app. To send a suggestion on your Windows phone, you can follow the steps provided below:

• Go to All Apps, search for the Feedback
      Hub app.
    • Open the menu icon at the top left side.
    • Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the
      add
      button (+).
    • Select Suggestionand fill up the box with the details needed.
    • Select the right category and then Submit.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask the community.

Michael Rey, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

Check Out My Feedback in the Windows 10 Hub- Computer Not Restarting Outside of Active Hours

1. Check Out My Feedback in the Windows 10 Hub- Computer Not Restarting Outside of Active Hours - Similar Threads - Check Feedback Hub

2. Feedback Hub

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Feedback Hub: How can I give feedback if my organization has disabled Feedback Hub? It is totally missing from Apps and Features. Is there no website where feedback can be sent? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/feedback-hub/fd7dbb5e-df48-46c0-80cf-0dab7d122833
  3. Feedback Hub

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Feedback Hub: How can I give feedback if my organization has disabled Feedback Hub? It is totally missing from Apps and Features. Is there no website where feedback can be sent? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/feedback-hub/fd7dbb5e-df48-46c0-80cf-0dab7d122833
  4. Feedback Hub?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Feedback Hub?: Feedback Hub? Right of the clock. lower right corner there is symbol. Notifications. Notices do appear. On Sept. 9, 2020 a Notice appeared. I checked Out the Notice. What appeared. Feedback Hub "Windows recently updated your device. How satisfied are your with the...
  5. Computer Not Restarting Outside of Active Hours Build 1909

Computer Not Restarting Outside of Active Hours Build 1909: Guys, Ever since build 1803, I have had intermittent issues with my computer not restarting once Active Hours have ended. My Active Hours are set from 7AM to 1 AM, and around Patch Tuesday, or a day or so later, I correctly get a notice in Action Center that my PC needs to...
  6. Why Are Restarts Outside of Active Hours so Unpredictable?

Why Are Restarts Outside of Active Hours so Unpredictable?: Greetings All, I have had really bad frustrations with the unpredictability of Focus Assist and Active Hours ever since build 1809 on Windows 10 and this has now carried over on two PC’s; a Dell Desktop and a Toshiba Laptop. Here are some observations for the Microsoft...
  7. Windows Permanently Requesting to Restart Outside of Active Hours

Windows Permanently Requesting to Restart Outside of Active Hours: For a few months now my laptop has been incessantly informing me that it will restart outside of active hours to finish installing updates. The problem? The updates fail to install every time, no matter how many restarts it attempts. Given how annoying the occasional...
  8. Feedback hub

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Feedback hub: Hello everyone. There is a big problem with feedback hub in Windows 10. As we know, Duo to prohibitions of USA, some of windows features like store is blocked for users if thy set their location to Iran or North korea but if we set our location to countries out of these...
  9. Feedback Hub

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Feedback Hub: I have a grip of file folders and files in the feedback hub. I upgraded to Windows 10 months back but have had continuous problems with connected devices, drivers, etc. So the files in the feedback hub were created within the last couple of months. Can I delete all these...
  10. How do I disable outside-active-hours restarting?

How do I disable outside-active-hours restarting?: I hate this "feature" of Windows deciding to restart my computer without my permission, just because it feels like it. Not only do I run a web server on my PC, but I also have many open documents at times, plenty of which I don't save. That doesn't mean I don't need the...