Windows 10: Check the state of the OS and proceed accordingly.

Discus and support Check the state of the OS and proceed accordingly. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am at the end of testing customisations for my Win 10 and I thought it would be a nice idea to have the health etc and repair for Win 10 in one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Paul Black, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Check the state of the OS and proceed accordingly.

I am at the end of testing customisations for my Win 10 and I thought it would be a nice idea to have the health etc and repair for Win 10 in one location.

I am intending on setting up a folder within my customised TaskBar folder with a shortcut for each item to allow me to have at hand everything needed for this to be achieved. I might even setup a .CMD file for this! This could also be adapted to include it into the Contect Menu as a single menu.

I have tried to include below the CMD and PowerShell commands in case anyone wants the option. I have numbered these in the order that I think they are relevant. I intend to use CMD rather than PowerShell where possible as I am more comfortable with CMD.

If there is anything wrong with any of the below, or you think the order is incorrect, or there is anything else that could be included, then please let me know.

[01] Analyze The Windows WinSXS Component Store_Directory:
    Code:
    [02] Delete WinSXS Obsolete Items:
    Code:
    [03] Remove ALL WinSXS Superseded Component Versions:
    Code:
    [04] Remove ALL WinSXS Service Pack Backup_Files:
    Code:
    [05] CheckHealth of the Win Image - Basic scan to determine if there are any corruptions - [ Live OS ]:
    Code:
    Code:
    [06] ScanHealth of the Win Image - Advanced scan to determine if there are any problems - [ Live OS ]:
    Code:
    Code:
    [07] RestoreHealth of the Win Image - Advanced scan that repairs any problems - [ Live OS ]:
    Code:
    Code:
    [08] chkdsk - Read-Only Mode + Detect Mode:
    Code:
    [09] chkdsk /F - Repair Mode:
    Code:
    [10] chkdsk /R - Repair Mode + Scan for Bad Sectors:
    Code:
    [11] Run sfc /scannow Command at Boot - Allows better repair because files are NOT in use - [ Offline OS ]:
    Code:
    [12] Run sfc /scannow from within Windows - Repair files - [ Live OS ]:
    Code:
    [13] SFC Scan Details Log - View Only the SFC Scan ERROR Results from the CBS.LOG [ Live OS ]:
    Code:
    Code:
    Thanks in advance.

:)

Paul Black, Mar 25, 2020

2. Missing operating system. Please remove any drives that dont contain an OS- Factort reset

Hi Daniel,

We understand your concern and we will provide the assistance required to help resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

• Have you erased the Recovery drive that was allotted to your PC by the manufacturer during the time of purchase?
    • Have you created a recovery drive for your PC?
    The above error states that the Recovery drive that was created by the computer manufacturer is missing/removed. Thus, not enabling you to perform Factory Reset as the information required for your old OS to install is unavailable.

I suggest that you create an ISO image of the old OS or Windows 10 and install the OS and check if you still get the same error.

Your reply is very important to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information to assist you accordingly.

Vanessa Sohtun, Mar 25, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Mar 25, 2020
  4. Check the state of the OS and proceed accordingly.

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

Check the state of the OS and proceed accordingly.

1. Check the state of the OS and proceed accordingly. - Similar Threads - Check state proceed

2. Unsure on how to proceed.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unsure on how to proceed.: I recently bought a refurbished computer from Amazon; the computer works good except when it turns on it asks me to sign in to a school district and I have no option to sign in as someone else The school district is in another state and I simply have never been. I'm unsure...
  3. Unsure on how to proceed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unsure on how to proceed.: I recently bought a refurbished computer from Amazon; the computer works good except when it turns on it asks me to sign in to a school district and I have no option to sign in as someone else The school district is in another state and I simply have never been. I'm unsure...
  4. Unsure on how to proceed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PC Health Check states its not compatible to Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Health Check states its not compatible to Windows 11.: All Windows 11 specs show I can run on my Core I7-6700 system, but PC Health Check states its not compatible to Windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-health-check-states-its-not-compatible-to/aa9b97bf-9114-4887-8d30-080d362e1d1f
  6. How to proceed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to proceed: how do I change legacy to uefi boot mode for installing win 10? any other specs to be mentioned? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-proceed/cf9b7f85-5d8a-475f-a959-755f1b787e60
  7. Change printer in according to the software

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Change printer in according to the software: Hi everyone! I have this Workstation with 2 different software. Both software are printing on Windows default printer but, obviously, one software need a specific printer and the other needed another one... Both software can print only on "Windows default printer"......
  8. moving OS from c: drive to solid state drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    moving OS from c: drive to solid state drive: Hi, really new here, but I have a cheap laptop which only has a 32 Gig C:drive. I purchased a 120 gig solid state drive and i'm now trying to figure out how to move everything to the d: drive where the SSD is located. Also, I cannot upgrade my windows as its saying i don't...
  9. The peripheraldoes not appear to be plug in. Check the connection . Proceed to next step to...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The peripheraldoes not appear to be plug in. Check the connection . Proceed to next step to...: The peripheral does not appear to be plugged in. Check the connection. Proceed to next step to finish. This is the dialog box that opens whenever i try to change the volume settings on my task bar.It is also showing a red X(cross)on the speaker icon on task bar. I am unable...
  10. Uninstall an OS Windows10 ? How can I proceed ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstall an OS Windows10 ? How can I proceed ?: I have a license W10 Retail (I have a product key) on an old laptop. I want to discard this old laptop. I want to reinstall the license on a new laptop. How can I proceed ?...