Windows 10: Check Windows Display Driver Model Version for WDDM Support in Windows

Discus and support Check Windows Display Driver Model Version for WDDM Support in Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Check Windows Display Driver Model Version for WDDM Support in Windows How to Check Windows Display Driver Model Version for WDDM Support in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Check Windows Display Driver Model Version for WDDM Support in Windows

How to: Check Windows Display Driver Model Version for WDDM Support in Windows

How to Check Windows Display Driver Model Version for WDDM Support in Windows

Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM) is the graphic driver architecture for video card drivers running Microsoft Windows versions beginning with Windows Vista.

It is a replacement for the previous Windows 2000 and Windows XP display driver model XDDM/XPDM and is aimed at enabling better performance graphics and new graphics functionality and stability. Display drivers in Windows Vista and Windows 7 can choose to either adhere to WDDM or to XDDM. With the removal of XDDM from Windows 8, however, WDDM became the only option.

WDDM provides the functionality required to render the desktop and applications using Desktop Window Manager, a compositing window manager running on top of Direct3D. It also supports new DXGI interfaces required for basic device management and creation. The WDDM specification requires at least Direct3D 9-capable video card and the display driver must implement the device driver interfaces for the Direct3D 9Ex runtime in order to run legacy Direct3D applications; it may optionally implement runtime interfaces for Direct3D 10 and higher.

WDDM versions for quick reference.

[table][tr]Operating System Supported WDDM Version [/tr] [tr][td]Windows Vista[/td] [td]WDDM 1.0[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Windows 7[/td] [td]WDDM 1.1[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Windows 8[/td] [td]WDDM 1.2[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Windows 8.1[/td] [td]WDDM 1.3[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Windows 10 build 10240[/td] [td]WDDM 2.0[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Windows 10 version 1607[/td] [td]WDDM 2.2[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Windows 10 version 1709[/td] [td]WDDM 2.3[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Windows 10 version 1803[/td] [td]WDDM 2.4[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Windows 10 version 1809[/td] [td]WDDM 2.5[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Windows 10 version 1903[/td] [td]WDDM 2.6[/td] [/tr] [/table]

For more details about WDDM, see also:
    This tutorial will show you how to check what Windows Display Driver Model version you have for WDDM support in Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

Here's How:

1. Press the Win+R keys to open Run, type dxdiag into Run, and click/tap on OK to open the DirectX Diagnostic Tool.

2. In the DirectX Diagnostic Tool, click/tap on a Display tab you want to check. (see screenshots below)

3. In the Drivers section, the WDDM version (ex: "WDDM 2.6") will be to the right of Driver Model.

Check Windows Display Driver Model Version for WDDM Support in Windows [​IMG]

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jun 27, 2018
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM) 2.2

Hi Robert

WDDM 2.2 is not downloadable, if you are getting an error it means your video card driver needs to be updated to WDDM 22 or does not support WDDM 2.2

Open Device Manager (accessible by right clicking your Start Button)

Expand the Display adapters sectiob

What video device(s) are listed there?

DaveM121, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Amit_Sun Win User
    WDDM Driver Modules

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM) version depends on the architecture of the display card that is designed by the hardware manufacturer, to update the WDDM version you will have to update the display driver from your display driver
    manufacturer, if you don’t use a graphics card, installing a new graphics card that supports latest version of WDDM will work.

Additional information: Introduction
    to the Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM)
    and also check the
    WDDM 2.1 Features

Regards,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Drone Win User

WDDM driver? Windows 8.1

Yes nvidia driver packs usually have drivers for 7/8.1/10 (WDDM 1.2/1.3/2) all in one. Just download and install latest nvidia drivers (in this case version 10.18.13.6182). And Windows Update won't offer that optional update anymore.

Drone, Oct 27, 2019
  5. P4-630 Win User
    WDDM driver? Windows 8.1

Ok thanks! So the WDDM 2.0 is just for windows 10 which I don't have, nor want now.

P4-630, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Drone Win User
    WDDM driver? Windows 8.1

WDDM 2 is for Windows 10 /DX 12. It reduces workload on GPU virtual memory.

Windows 8.1 has WDDM 1.3.

Simply ignore that optional update. When needed install nvidia drivers from nvidia site not from Microsoft Update.

Drone, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Check Windows Display Driver Model Version for WDDM Support in Windows - Similar Threads - Check Display Driver

2. how to update WDDM 1.3 to WDDM 2.0?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to update WDDM 1.3 to WDDM 2.0?: Dear all,Good morning.How can I update my existing WDDM 1.3 to WDDM 2.0?I am working with a system with following specifications.Please reply as soon as possible.Thanks in advance for your advice for me.Regards,Ansiram...
  3. Is Microsoft 4K Wireless Display Adapter support Windows 11? Is this newer model than the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Microsoft 4K Wireless Display Adapter support Windows 11? Is this newer model than the...: Hi, I plan to try Microsoft 4K Wireless Display Adapter on my office TV, is Microsoft 4K Wireless Display Adapter support Windows 11 laptop? Is this newer model than the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter v2?Microsoft 4K Wireless Display...
  4. How to check the Driver Version in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to check the Driver Version in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]If you want to check the driver version in Windows 11/10, here is how you can do that. There are multiple ways to find out the version of installed drivers in Windows 11 and Windows 10. This article lists three such methods you can follow to get the job done. Why do...
  5. What is the latest version of WDDM driver and how to install it?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is the latest version of WDDM driver and how to install it?: I was reading Windows 10 system requirements and I saw that I need to have DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver. What is the latest version of WDDM and how to install it?...
  6. Windows 11 includes support for WDDM 3.0 (display driver model)

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 includes support for WDDM 3.0 (display driver model): Windows 11 is coming later this year and the leaked build apparently includes support for WDDM 3.0 (Windows Display Driver Model). In our tests, we observed that the leaked build of Windows 11 adds supports for WDDM 3.0 (Windows Display Driver Model), which will be required...
  7. WDDM version

WDDM version: why is WDDM version 1.1. Windows version-10 Intel R HD graphics https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wddm-version/64aa3ccd-b8a7-499a-ba77-fe99cefd8f59
  8. windows display driver version???

windows display driver version???: Ran Dxdiag Cannot find any info other than Card name: Intel(R) UHD Graphics impossible to get anything about the version. ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report: 12/1/2019, 21:18:54 Machine name:...
  9. WDDM Driver Modules

WDDM Driver Modules: I'm kinda new to the WDDM module knowledge, but was wondering if i could update my WDDM version from 1.3 to 2.0 or newer if needed: this particular pc i'm using is: Asus X551M or X551MA, Intel Celeron N2830 (integrated graphics being used)...
  10. Windows 10 - Task manager doesn't display GPU stats (WDDM 2.2 driver)

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 - Task manager doesn't display GPU stats (WDDM 2.2 driver): As the title says, I have the WDDM 2.2 drivers which are required for GPU stats in task manager, and I still don't see them. I also have the latest Windows updates as well as latest NVIDIA drivers. Task manager https://i.imgur.com/iziN5h8.png DirectX Diagnostic Tool...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows driver model number of threads

2. how do I know if my graphics card will run a windows display driver model 2.2 before I buy it

3. how can you see if you have wddm 2.6