Windows 10: Check your Proxy and Firewall

Discus and support Check your Proxy and Firewall in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; · Good Afternoon I am having issues going onto a website that is linked with my school every time I try to go into the library link on my school... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SaraChagnot, May 31, 2020.

1. Check your Proxy and Firewall

· Good Afternoon I am having issues going onto a website that is linked with my school every time I try to go into the library link on my school portal it does not let me. It shows an error page with it saying check internet connection and proxy.firewall. I have not made any new changes to my laptop for it is brand new barely even a month old. I have tried using chrome, internet explorer, the incognito tab, and have no luck.

:)

SaraChagnot, May 31, 2020
  2. twilyth Win User

Firewall that can block specific IPs?

so you're not talking about a range of ip's, just a list of them - right?

I thought virtually any decent firewall could do that. You should also be able to do it through your router.

Proxies shouldn't be a problem unless they are anonymous proxies - non-anon proxies still report the originating IP IIRC.

For anon-proxies, you'll probably have to block a range - if it is something like ninjacloak for example.

twilyth, May 31, 2020
  3. Windows 10 update cannot connect (behind a firewall and a proxy)

I need to set up some windows 10 computers.
    I notice that from inside the company's domain, under a firewall and a proxy, Windows updates do NOT work.
    I verified that they work correctly if performed from outside the proxy and firewall, so definitely I think that the problem is something dealing with them.

What are the configurations for the firewall and the proxy, in order to make Windows updates run correctly?

I already checked other questions and answers, such as:

Update on Windows 10 cannot connect when behind domain proxy

Windows 10 update cannot connect (behind a firewall)

but they seem not to address my same problem. Also the proposed solutions do not apply.

Also note that the Windows updates used to work for Windows 7.

Any suggestion?

thanks!

Starnuto di topo, May 31, 2020
  4. Check your Proxy and Firewall

An APP is asking for to the proxy data.

Hi Armando,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Share this information to assist you better.

• Which app are you referring to?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    I suggest you to follow the steps and check for the issue.

Disable proxy server settings:

• Go to the Start Screen.

• Press Windows+ I to view the
      Settings

• Select Internet Options.

• Click on Connection.

• Click on LAN settings.

• Uncheck all the listed items in the proxy and Auto Detect.

• Save the Changes.

• Restart your system.
    If the above steps does not help disable proxy manually.

• Press Windows key + R, Type
      control
      and click on OK.

• Under Settings go to Network.

• View connection settings.

• Click on Network tab.

• Proxy - turn
      off
      proxy.
    Hope this helps, let us know the status of the issue. We will assist you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, May 31, 2020
Thema:

Check your Proxy and Firewall

1. Check your Proxy and Firewall - Similar Threads - Check Proxy Firewall

2. Check your account error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Check your account error: i installed Doritos crash course GO! becuase its delisted from the microsoft store and when i launch it says "Crash Course Go! is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the Store and try again. Here’s the error code, in case you need it:...
  3. Checking your connection to Microsoft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Checking your connection to Microsoft: I reinstalled windows 10 using a 21h1 on a dell inspiron. I get stuck in a loop after connecting to a network. I hit next after successfully connecting to a wireless network. The laptop then shows 'Checking the connection to Microsoft. This might take a while.' It spins for...
  4. check if firewall is blocking any apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    check if firewall is blocking any apps: I can't get email to update and a suggestion was made that me Firewall is blocking it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/check-if-firewall-is-blocking-any-apps/11fe163e-825e-4f1a-a12d-d7116c1fde95
  5. Base Filtering Engine Error 5/firewall/proxy server problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Base Filtering Engine Error 5/firewall/proxy server problem: My firewall isnt working anymore and neither is my internet. When running Windows Troubleshooting, it says "Windows could not automatically detect this networks proxy settings". Whenever I try to connect to the internet, only airplane mode is shown. No, I'm not connected to...
  6. Disable "Check Firewall Status" Notification

Disable "Check Firewall Status" Notification: Hello, This question has been asked before but it doesn't appear to have been solved. I support users who somewhat inconsistently receive the "Check Firewall Status" notification when their domain firewall is off. I wont go in to any extra details but I can promise that...
  7. How to stop "Check Firewall Status" notifications?

How to stop "Check Firewall Status" notifications?: Windows 10 continually harasses me about the firewall, posting a "Check Firewall Status" notification multiple times per day, even though my firewall settings are controlled by a domain policy, they are fine and there is no problem, and I can't do a darned thing about the...
  8. access via your firewall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    access via your firewall: please make sure rexwxengine2.exe has in/out bound access via your firewall https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-via-your-firewall/fb7905c7-6e27-478f-b531-02703b648f98"
  9. FIrewall and proxy settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FIrewall and proxy settings: Good day! I am trying to figure out why I am having connection problems when I am trying to download content. I get a message saying that it could be my firewall or proxy settings that are preventing the download. I have checked over everything numerous times. I have a solid...
  10. Checking the proxy and the firewall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Checking the proxy and the firewall: I can't connect through google chrome to https://my.sfwmd.gov/ePermitting/Login.do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/checking-the-proxy-and-the-firewall/67097fb5-8128-4446-bc06-3f4b06270510"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. proxy and firwall