Windows 10: Checking and updating audio drivers

Discus and support Checking and updating audio drivers in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; How do I check what audio driver I have, and are there any recommendations for what audio driver I should have? submitted by /u/T_major2 [link]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/T_major2, Dec 22, 2020.

1. Checking and updating audio drivers

How do I check what audio driver I have, and are there any recommendations for what audio driver I should have?

submitted by /u/T_major2
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/T_major2, Dec 22, 2020

2. Dolby Audio driver

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message of this issue?
    • When are you facing this issue with the drivers?
    • Have you installed all the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website for current operating system?

I suggest you to uninstall the existing Audio drivers, download the latest drivers for your device and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall the Audio driver.

Steps:

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on the driver and click on
      Uninstall.

Step 2: I suggest you to manually install the latest audio drivers and check.

Download the latest drivers from: Lenovo Support for g500

Select the driver and operating system to download.

Refer to the article by Andre Da Costa to install the latest driver:

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 22, 2020
  3. Audio breaks down after updating the audio drivers on Windows 10

Hello Thomas,

As you are facing issues with accessing the audio sounds after updating the audio driver, we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Is this issue confined to accessing sounds from any specific video on your device?

This issue might have occurred due audio driver issues. Let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Rollback the audio drivers to previous version as the issue persists after updating the driver and check if it helps.

Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
    Device Manager, expand the audio driver, right click on the driver, select
    Properties. Under Drivers tab click on
    Rollback Driver
    (If enabled)

Step 2: Fix the driver issues.

Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
    Device Manager and on Scan for hardware changes.

Step 3: I suggest you to refer to the Microsoft help article about sound issues and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

Hope it helps. Update us if you are still facing issues with accessing the audio, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 22, 2020
  4. Jayce Win User

Checking and updating audio drivers

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Everyone that post ids, need just do these steps and you will be good. I kinda tired of keep on uploading the inf. file

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    additional if you want dts audio and others, install it now before next step.
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Dec 22, 2020
Thema:

Checking and updating audio drivers

1. Checking and updating audio drivers - Similar Threads - Checking updating audio

2. Problem with audio/already ran troubleshooting/ already checked for driver updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with audio/already ran troubleshooting/ already checked for driver updates: Here is the problem: I plugged my headphones into my computer not into my monitor, because for some reason the audio is quieter when I do that and I could hear everything, no problem. But after an update, I can only hear sound when I plug my headphones back into the monitor....
  3. Problem with audio/already ran troubleshooting/ already checked for driver updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with audio/already ran troubleshooting/ already checked for driver updates: Here is the problem: I plugged my headphones into my computer not into my monitor, because for some reason the audio is quieter when I do that and I could hear everything, no problem. But after an update, I can only hear sound when I plug my headphones back into the monitor....
  4. I reinstalled audio driver. Will the audio driver updates are not comming to windows updates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I reinstalled audio driver. Will the audio driver updates are not comming to windows updates?: I reinstalled the audio driver from hp.But I didn't uninstalled the running driver.The same version.i reinstalled it for the audio controller app problem. Now it's OK. But the new driver installed to C:/SWSETUP My question is will the audio driver updates like...
  5. I reinstalled audio driver. Will the audio driver updates are not comming to windows updates?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I reinstalled audio driver. Will the audio driver updates are not comming to windows updates?: I reinstalled the audio driver from hp.But I didn't uninstalled the running driver.The same version.i reinstalled it for the audio controller app problem. Now it's OK. But the new driver installed to C:/SWSETUP My question is will the audio driver updates like...
  6. I reinstalled audio driver. Will the audio driver updates are not comming to windows updates?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. No Audio After Updating Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Audio After Updating Drivers: Hi! I've been digging through the forums to find a solution to why my audio isn't working. I've updated my drivers, I learned that my monitor would have sound but not my headphones. I've checked the cords and made sure that the headset itself works. I used a pair of Bluetooth...
  8. Audio Driver and Update error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Audio Driver and Update error: Good Morning,I have a problem with my computer, I can't hear audio from my laptop speaker or any headphones that are connected through AUX however it does work fine with the same headphones but on Bluetooth, I have been having this problem, sometimes it would fix itself and...
  9. MAXXAUDIO PRO PROBLEMS. Audio drivers are not up to date check windows update.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    MAXXAUDIO PRO PROBLEMS. Audio drivers are not up to date check windows update.: i really want to know since i being trying that my MaxxAudio pro app functions but it saying i need the lastest version of the audio driver i been installing many audio drivers but nothing work with this thing ...so what is the latest one then? The app does not accept my...
  10. MAXXAUDIO PRO PROBLEMS. Audio drivers are not up to date check windows update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MAXXAUDIO PRO PROBLEMS. Audio drivers are not up to date check windows update.: i really want to know since i being trying that my MaxxAudio pro app functions but it saying i need the lastest version of the audio driver i been installing many audio drivers but nothing work with this thing ...so what is the latest one then? The app does not accept my...