Windows 10: Checking backup status results in logs for "lost+found\......"?

Discus and support Checking backup status results in logs for "lost+found\......"? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; As stated in the title. How can I troubleshoot this issue, whilst there is no folder "lost+found" present on the system. [img] Any ideas and/or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by M4v3r1ck, Jun 8, 2017.

1. M4v3r1ck Win User

Checking backup status results in logs for "lost+found\......"?

As stated in the title. How can I troubleshoot this issue, whilst there is no folder "lost+found" present on the system.

Checking backup status results in logs for "lost+found\......"? [​IMG]

Any ideas and/or directions for these log-entries:
    1. where are they created locally, as during the consistency check of the backups, the files on the backup server are checked against the local disks?
    2. could this be the pagefile.sys- or hiberfile.sys systeem files as the entire Windows OS is backed up?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers

:)

M4v3r1ck, Jun 8, 2017
  2. castellar Win User

Problem backing up N70 with PC Suite Version 6.81.13.0

After installing the latest version of PC Suite the backup completes 100% on the status bar but does not finish. If, after 10 minutes of waiting, I press cancel, I get the error message that some content could not be read and that I should check the backup
    log. The log seems to be normal even though it starts with the remark that the backup was cancelled. However, I can't find the backup file, tired searching for *.nfb files. Anybody know what to do?

Thanks.

castellar, Jun 8, 2017
  3. garym123 Win User
    Checking for backup text messages

It is your choice to use or not use restore. Restore gets your phone settings, start screen and app list.

You setup your account on the new phone. Your contacts, email, calendar and OneDrive and OneDrive contents all come with your account. So, to get backed up text messages you do not have to use 'restore'.

Your text message backup is stored on OneDrive. Text message backup setting on the phone is the 'switch' to do this.

Just so you know. Text massage backup is always done in real time. You can't turn it off for a month, then turn it back on and expect those messages to be in backup

garym123, Jun 8, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Jun 8, 2017
  5. M4v3r1ck Win User
    M4v3r1ck, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Checking backup status results in logs for "lost+found\......"? - Similar Threads - Checking backup status

2. Key Status Check

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Key Status Check: HII wanted to know that, is any way to check Microsoft activation key will activate without any errors before activation on the PC. I use Microsoft PID Checker but it only shows its OEM or RETAIL. I wanted to check the status of the key, before the activation it will work...
  3. Key Status Check

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Key Status Check: HII wanted to know that, is any way to check Microsoft activation key will activate without any errors before activation on the PC. I use Microsoft PID Checker but it only shows its OEM or RETAIL. I wanted to check the status of the key, before the activation it will work...
  4. Check Bluetooth radio status

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Check Bluetooth radio status: For the last months my PC doesn´t let me add Bluetooth devices. Whenever I troubleshoot it, it says "Check Bluetooth radio status - Not fixed" and I have reinstalled all drivers, checked for driver updates, rebooted my PC countless times and so on. So far nothing has helped...
  5. Bluetooth Check Radio Status

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Check Radio Status: Okay so randomly my computer likes to turn off my bluetooth and turn it back on. So I usually check the troubleshooter but this time it said Check Radio Status. I tried everything I can think of and I can't figure it out. Can someone please help me?...
  6. Lost Network Status

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost Network Status: [IMG] We already tried to troubleshoot it and it said that the diagnostic service is not running, we tried this but nothing happened. Please help : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-network-status/140986a2-f41c-425e-9a33-7c950815404b
  7. No results found for Windows Backup...

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    No results found for Windows Backup...: I thought this was kind of funny: [img] I'm pretty sure it was called "Windows Backup" in Windows 7... now it's just called "Backup". It seems like a search issue for a user when they search for Windows Backup and find nothing when Backup is literally to backup their...
  8. No results found for Windows Backup...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No results found for Windows Backup...: I thought this was kind of funny: [img] I'm pretty sure it was called "Windows Backup" in Windows 7... now it's just called "Backup". It seems like a search issue for a user when they search for Windows Backup and find nothing when Backup is literally to backup their...
  9. Missing Backup Status Overlays...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing Backup Status Overlays...: Good Day, For a while my Overlays stopped appearing on my files (I use Norton 360). I did everything the chat boards recommended to get them back but nothing worked. The files are being backed up; I checked the backup drive for several files and they are there and...
  10. Lost and Found?

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost and Found?: Greetings! I just got myself a Surface Book with Performance Base and while setting it up I was reminded about the case of an acquaintance who lost ( forgot ) her MacBook on the bus station when she ran for it. The way Isee it any potential finder of a Surface device...