Windows 10: Checking for media message comes up when pc starts

Discus and support Checking for media message comes up when pc starts in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a brand new Lenovo PC and when I turn it on or restart it displays a message "Checking for media presence" "media present" "Start PXE over... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Fred22, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Fred22 Win User

Checking for media message comes up when pc starts

I have a brand new Lenovo PC and when I turn it on or restart it displays a message "Checking for media presence" "media present" "Start PXE over IPv6". This stays on the screen for a few minutes and then the PC comes on. Is this a normal part of the booting process?

:)

Fred22, Jan 12, 2017

2. Checking media presence>>Media present>>Start PXE overIPV6 Windows 10

Have an HP pc , windows 10, and checking media presence, media present, start PXE over IPV4 comes up for about 3 minutes or so. How do I remove this?

JudyLundin, Jan 12, 2017
  3. Stop code error

Update for desktop available. Chose update and shut down. Now when I start the computer it just stays in the start up screen without going ro windows. Tried restoring from previous point and cannot do it. Comes with error message 0x80070017. Tried to
    start in safe mode but it won't allow that either. Tried resetting computer but error code comes up and won't allow the reset. Tried downloading media installation to USB stick but can't get the damaged pc to read it to use it. What do I do?

Kimberly S.L, Jan 12, 2017
  4. dencal Win User

You need to enter the Bios and in the boot order put your hard disk 1st.

dencal, Jan 12, 2017
  5. Fred22 Win User
    Sorry Dencal, but I don't understand what you mean. Microsoft website says to hold down the start (Windows?) button and the Command Prompt will come up (which it doesn't) and then enter sfc / and some other numbers I can't remember. Whatever it was, I never got that far. Holding the Windows button down did nothing.

Fred22, Jan 13, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    Each manufacturer has a slightly different way to get into their Bios, Microsoft is not the one to ask. This is what the Lenovo website says...
    How to Enter BIOS in Windows 10 - ThinkPad, ThinkCentre - Lenovo Support

7. Fred22 Win User
    I followed the instructions on the Lenovo site and then a message came up that something went wrong and we will restart your computer. Then I guess file checker came up and took about 5 minutes to go through its routine. All it showed was what % of progress. However when the computer restarted the "Checking for media presence" etc. was gone so I assume this problem is solved. Thanks for your kind assistance.

Fred22, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Checking for media message comes up when pc starts - Similar Threads - Checking media message

2. PC is not coming up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC is not coming up: My PC not showing the sign in page. I cant go there at all. The system restore failed in my system yesterday and now I cant boot it? How is this possible? I just made some changes and I dont like it so I perform system restore. It took my time and now the PC is not booting...
  3. PC is not coming up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC is not coming up: My PC not showing the sign in page. I cant go there at all. The system restore failed in my system yesterday and now I cant boot it? How is this possible? I just made some changes and I dont like it so I perform system restore. It took my time and now the PC is not booting...
  4. PC is not coming up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Bitlocker message coming up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker message coming up: I was out of state and just returned and apparently a Microsoft update occurred while I was gone. I turned on my laptop and now can’t get in because I am getting a Bitlocker message and it’s asking for the key, which I don’t have because I never activated this I really need...
  6. Bitlocker message coming up

Bitlocker message coming up: I was out of state and just returned and apparently a Microsoft update occurred while I was gone. I turned on my laptop and now can’t get in because I am getting a Bitlocker message and it’s asking for the key, which I don’t have because I never activated this I really need...
  7. Friend's laptop comes up with error message when signing in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Friend's laptop comes up with error message when signing in: My friend's laptop keeps coming up with an error message signing in.The error message is goes along the lines of: "This sign in option is disabled due to multiple sign in attempts or repeated shutdowns. Please wait 2 hours and try again".He made a second, offline, user to try...
  8. Friend's laptop comes up with error message when signing in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Friend's laptop comes up with error message when signing in: My friend's laptop keeps coming up with an error message signing in.The error message is goes along the lines of: "This sign in option is disabled due to multiple sign in attempts or repeated shutdowns. Please wait 2 hours and try again".He made a second, offline, user to try...
  9. Friend's laptop comes up with error message when signing in

10. startUp.exe comes up on start

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    startUp.exe comes up on start: Every time I turn on my desktop, setUp.exe displays and asks me "do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes to your device" Yes or No. What is this and how do I get rid of it? Thank You in advance...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. checking media presence message windows 10