Windows 10: Checking for native app updates without using PC

Discus and support Checking for native app updates without using PC in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Is there a way or a website to look on where one can be aware of/notified of any MS native app updates that have been released. Kind of like a live... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Scottyboy99, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Checking for native app updates without using PC

Is there a way or a website to look on where one can be aware of/notified of any MS native app updates that have been released. Kind of like a live feed. I am pretty OCD and kind of fear the native app updates as MS has burned my fingers many times. So at the moment I habitually boot our main machine virtually every day to do a check for native app updates in the store. Many times it's a pointless boot up as the check returns nothing. So I wondered if I could save myself the bother by seeing what apps are updated for those on current branch by just querying a website from the comfort of my smartphone (iPhone). Then if I see one has updated .ie. photos or mail/calendar then I will obediently turn the machine on, take my customary restore point and then proceed with the app updates. I know if I had a windows phone that'd be a good indicator as I am sure app updates happen at the same time for mobile OS and desktops but all we have at home in terms of mobile devices is Apple tech

the reason I am twitchy is because we use several user accounts on same pc and in the past a native app update has caused that app to bork for other users despite being fine on my user account. It's a rare anamoly but it has caused us frustration in the past

:)

Scottyboy99, Feb 13, 2017

2. checking for updates, using product code. N78 RM-235 product code 0514523

thanks

ohdev---01, Feb 13, 2017
  3. zoro06 Win User
    checking for updates, using product code. N78 RM-235 product code 0514523

product code stands for :

region of phone and country variation , language pack , branded or not , specifications variations ( if exists )

zoro06, Feb 13, 2017
Thema:

Checking for native app updates without using PC

1. Checking for native app updates without using PC - Similar Threads - Checking native app

2. PC Health Check App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Health Check App: I downloaded WindowsPCHealthCheckSetup.msi from a Microsoft page, to check if my PC is suitable for Windows 11. It came when I clicked on " Download PC Health Check App". However, Windows Defender will not allow me to open it because it is not normally downloaded. Can I trust...
  3. PC Health Check App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Health Check App: I downloaded WindowsPCHealthCheckSetup.msi from a Microsoft page, to check if my PC is suitable for Windows 11. It came when I clicked on " Download PC Health Check App". However, Windows Defender will not allow me to open it because it is not normally downloaded. Can I trust...
  4. PC Health Check App

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. PC Health Check app

PC Health Check app: Has MS taken this app down? Almost all sites I've found that mention the download site seem to end up showing "coming soon" if the app is even listed; this includes the MicroSoft site. The one exception I came across is FileHorse, but the file download date is July 5, 2021....
  6. Pc health check app

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pc health check app: I can't download the pc health check app ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-health-check-app/ccb9f903-f503-4061-8c93-995152fcc617
  7. Check for Windows Updates without Using Windows Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Check for Windows Updates without Using Windows Update: Hello, I have three new Windows 10 EE installations. On all three machines, I currently have updates paused. I have found during my testing that once I click the "Resume Updates" button, it will pull down and install all kinds of stuff - including the undesired "Preview...
  8. How to use the native Windows 10 Phone app

How to use the native Windows 10 Phone app: I tried using the Phone app that comes with windows 10. After opening the app I got a message saying: Calls you make and receive on your PC will appear here. Sign in to a calling app or service on your PC, and then check back here after calling. At the top of the app, I...
  9. Microsoft native app updates today

Microsoft native app updates today: MS seems to be having a field day updating the native apps at the moment, virtually all the native ones have updates available over last couple days so if your store update settings are set to manual you might want to run a check. About the only one i reckon I haven't seen is...
  10. Disgusted with MS native app updates

Disgusted with MS native app updates: I'm sure many don't have multiple user accounts on their machines but for those that do .... i am seriously fed up with Microsoft updating their native apps. Not because I don't want new features but because of the unpredictable outcomes for the other user accounts (mix of...