Windows 10: checking for scams

Discus and support checking for scams in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello , I received a Windows Support Alert today. It shut my computer down. It said my computer detected some unusual activity. I was advised to please... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Elainebizz, Jan 29, 2020.

1. checking for scams

Hello , I received a Windows Support Alert today. It shut my computer down. It said my computer detected some unusual activity. I was advised to please report this activity to +1 877 708-0408. Have anyone ever received this message.

:)

Elainebizz, Jan 29, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jan 29, 2020
  3. Smeed Win User
Thema:

checking for scams

1. checking for scams - Similar Threads - checking scams

2. Selling a Window 11 laptop with OEM license - sanity check

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Selling a Window 11 laptop with OEM license - sanity check: Hi,I have a laptop I want to sell. It came with Windows 11 Home Edition preinstalled. The Activation State screen says that the license is Active and "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your account". I am trying to figure up all the steps required before...
  3. Selling a Window 11 laptop with OEM license - sanity check

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Selling a Window 11 laptop with OEM license - sanity check: Hi,I have a laptop I want to sell. It came with Windows 11 Home Edition preinstalled. The Activation State screen says that the license is Active and "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your account". I am trying to figure up all the steps required before...
  4. OneDrive checking all open file explorers drives up CPU

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive checking all open file explorers drives up CPU: When OneDrive starts it seems to be checking all open file explorer windows for changes instead of just one. The fans go crazy, the CPU goes through the roof. I'm pretty sure I'm right about this behavior and this needs to be fixed. Unless there is a fix. I need multiple...
  5. OneDrive checking all open file explorers drives up CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive checking all open file explorers drives up CPU: When OneDrive starts it seems to be checking all open file explorer windows for changes instead of just one. The fans go crazy, the CPU goes through the roof. I'm pretty sure I'm right about this behavior and this needs to be fixed. Unless there is a fix. I need multiple...
  6. OneDrive checking all open file explorers drives up CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. how to fix kernel security check failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to fix kernel security check failure: I have been trying to fix this issue for 3 hours and have found information that has not helped whatsoever I’ve tried using command prompt but that doesn’t work and when I turn my computer off it has the bsod repeatedly on my screen I tried to use my recovery key but I...
  8. While scrolling in chrome for “game knowledge” a site i checked had the You won a xyz scam....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    While scrolling in chrome for “game knowledge” a site i checked had the You won a xyz scam....: My w10 is doing a full scan rn. submitted by /u/Big-Flop [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/js1llz/while_scrolling_in_chrome_for_game_knowledge_a/
  9. Scam security check

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Scam security check: My parents recently fell victim to one of the LogMeIn scams they were only connected for a couple minutes. Is there a way to see what files were accessed and/or copied during that time period? submitted by /u/Shadaris [link] [comments]...
  10. Checking on a scam email

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Checking on a scam email: I received this email: is it legit? Dear Customer, We Thank you on the Completion of your 1 year Windows Defender protection Plan with 24/7 technical support We have charged you $150 for the 12 months of subscription from your account. We tried to contact you on your...