Windows 10: Checking for updates frequency

Discus and support Checking for updates frequency in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; How often does Windows 10 auto check. I thought it was every 24 hours. So for instance this morning I went into the updates section and it says last... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Scottyboy99, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Checking for updates frequency

How often does Windows 10 auto check. I thought it was every 24 hours. So for instance this morning I went into the updates section and it says last check was 6.24am yesterday, yet it's now 8.47 am the following day. So it's over 24 hours yet it hadn't auto checked again. I left the machine alone for about 20 mins and it's still not checked for them. Anyone else notice this? Maybe if there is some kind of background task and machine is busy it doesn't do it? Not that I have anything running

ill try again tomorrow, I just kicked off a manual check for them and it does search ok, it found a redistibutable update. So it's not that it doesn't work but more that the auto check hasn't done it's expected thing. It's the first time I've ever noticed any delay on it

cheers, Wayne

:)

Scottyboy99, Dec 11, 2015
  2. Arul_D Win User

Getting updates Checking for updates

Hello,

Appreciate your interest in Windows 10. Do not worry. Let me help you in upgrading your Computer to Windows 10 efficiently. Please refer to the following link which speaks about possible solution for the error code that you have
    encountered during the Upgrade:

How to: Troubleshoot common Setup and Stop Errors during Windows 10 Installation

How to: Troubleshoot Common Setup and Stop Errors During Windows 10 Installation

For further reference:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/windows-10-faq

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

How to: A list of things to do if Windows 10 Setup fails.

How to: Fix Windows 10 Setup Failure

These are very helpful articles created by one of our esteemed MVP Andre.

Hope this information is useful. Do get back to us for any assistance regarding Windows 10

Arul_D, Dec 11, 2015
  3. Getting updates Checking for updates

Upgrading form windows 7 to 10 and Its Getting updates "Checking for updates " Screen is just spinning around and not moving forward with updating...

ThomasMcCray1, Dec 11, 2015
Thema:

Checking for updates frequency

1. Checking for updates frequency - Similar Threads - Checking updates frequency

2. Windows Update Frequency

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update Frequency: The frequency of Windows updates that require a restart is getting out of hand. These updates also take forever to install so it is having an impact on productivity....
  3. Windows Update Frequency

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update Frequency: The frequency of Windows updates that require a restart is getting out of hand. These updates also take forever to install so it is having an impact on productivity....
  4. RAM Frequency

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RAM Frequency: In my task manager, it's showing 2933 MHz and in CMD it's showing 3200 MHz.I was thinking to upgrade my ram. If I purchased a 3200 Mhz ram will it work?Model: ROG Strix G15 i5 10 Gen Version....
  5. RAM Frequency

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAM Frequency: In my task manager, it's showing 2933 MHz and in CMD it's showing 3200 MHz.I was thinking to upgrade my ram. If I purchased a 3200 Mhz ram will it work?Model: ROG Strix G15 i5 10 Gen Version....
  6. burst frequency

burst frequency: CPU is intel Pentium silver n5000 the max CPU speed is 2.7 GHz. I can only get it to 2.2 GHz. How do I get it to 2.7 GHz pc name is HP Notebook 14 df0013cl https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/burst-frequency/6f904221-5dc9-4ecb-aa6b-25cc46060f93
  7. burst frequency

burst frequency: CPU is intel Pentium silver n5000 the max CPU speed is 2.7 GHz. I can only get it to 2.2 GHz. How do I get it to 2.7 GHz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/burst-frequency/93b86e3c-1441-4186-9d11-3c8276f0eabc
  8. Windows Defender definitions update frequency

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender definitions update frequency: How to set how often Windows Defender updates its definitions You can set the frequency Windows Defender updates its definitions, natively in Windows Defender. To do that you need to use PowerShell (as Administrator). A. To set which day of the week Windows Defender...
  9. Where to check a system supported frequency of a R.A.M. ?

Where to check a system supported frequency of a R.A.M. ?: ...... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/where-to-check-a-system-supported-frequency-of-a/944ed807-c2b3-4695-8cbc-73a814041f59
  10. Defender update frequency normal?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender update frequency normal?: I noticed that starting 1st Aug. every day a restore point is created (Windows Modules Installer). Looking to which updates I received, I noticed that, starting 15 July, Defender Definition Updates were successfully installed every day and often 3 updates/day (possibly with...