Windows 10: Checking for updates in win 10 pro upgrade from microsoft

Discus and support Checking for updates in win 10 pro upgrade from microsoft in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Have a PC with Windows 7 Pro installed. Decided to do the free upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. Everything went fine until the download came to the section... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by lowell12, Mar 11, 2016.

1. lowell12 Win User

Checking for updates in win 10 pro upgrade from microsoft

Have a PC with Windows 7 Pro installed. Decided to do the free upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. Everything went fine until the download came to the section CHECKING FOR UPDATES?? AfterFOUR HOURS the download was still checking for updates?? That's what I did yesterday. Today, still the same checking for updates and four hours later still checking for updates. I upgraded two other machine from Windows 7 Pro and there was no checking for updates in either of those upgrades?

Anyone have the same problem??

:)

lowell12, Mar 11, 2016
  2. weswesam Win User

Cortana, Windows Update, Windows Defender and cannot add email after upgrading to Windows 10

Original Title: After upgrading to win 10 pro from 7 pro

After upgrading to win 10 pro from 7 proI can't add my email,cortina,can't update windows defender, nor windows update, as if can't connect to microsoft server.

weswesam, Mar 11, 2016
  3. Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 are eligible for the free Windows 10 upgrade. What about Windows 8 !!!.

I am getting confused reading on different web sites who is eligible for the free Windows 10 upgrade at the end of July, 2015 when Microsoft releases it.

Back on 10/26/2012, I purchased from Microsoft the promotional WINDOWS 8 Pro they were offering for $39,99.

Whit this Win. 8 Pro purchase, I was able to update my Win.7 Home Premium to Win. 8 Pro.

I just finished getting my computer prepared and ready for this Win. 10 free upgrade release.

By: 1) Installing my Win. 7 Home Premium.

2) Upgrading my Win. 7 Home Premium with the $39.99 Win. 8 Pro Upgrade that I purchased from Microsoft.

This I think would qualify me for the free Win. 10 Pro upgrade.

Or do I have to get from the store the free Update to windows 8.1 Pro.

But then again I am not certain.

SomeHope_1, Mar 11, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, I wouldn't (and didn't) do the upgrade that way personally. I'd download the iso (once) and create a bootable medium. Then I'd do the upgrade (without checking for updates at that time).

Once Win 10 was installed (and I'd therefore shown there was no conflicting program/driver/ boot problem...) then I'd do the update.

Why? I wouldn't wish to waste time downloading and then find it didn't work - or got stuck as in your case.

Further, I'd have the bootable install medium in hand for either
    - reinstall
    - use on another PC
    - an in-place upgrade repair install (see Tutorial section if you don't know what that is- it's a significant benefit in Win 10

dalchina, Mar 12, 2016
Thema:

1. Checking for updates in win 10 pro upgrade from microsoft - Similar Threads - Checking updates pro

2. Upgrade tto Win 11 pro from Win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade tto Win 11 pro from Win 10 pro: Can my Bios be changed to accomodate new Win 11 Pro: Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70GHz 2.71 GHzInstalled RAM 64.0 GB 62.4 GB usableDevice ID 2CDA6FAF-6EBC-4B7D-984B-22BC3031BBCCProduct ID 00330-81495-08628-AA588System type...
  3. Upgrading from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro: I bought an upgrade from win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro in July 2020. The PC that was on has now given up the ghost and I have bought a new PC, but it came with Win 10 Home. I am trying to upgrade the new PC to Win 10 Pro, but the process goes just so far and then I get a message...
  4. Upgrading from Win 10 Pro to Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading from Win 10 Pro to Win 11: HiAfter doing a PC health check to upgrade to win 11 I was told my pc cannot be upgraded due to the hardware installed. I have purchased a new motherboard, i5 CPU, hard drive and dimms to rebuild the pc to comply with win11 upgrade.Initially installed Win 7 Pro then free...
  5. Upgrading from Win 10 Pro to Win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrading from Win 10 Pro to Win 11: HiAfter doing a PC health check to upgrade to win 11 I was told my pc cannot be upgraded due to the hardware installed. I have purchased a new motherboard, i5 CPU, hard drive and dimms to rebuild the pc to comply with win11 upgrade.Initially installed Win 7 Pro then free...
  6. Upgrading from Win 10 Pro to Win 11

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  7. win 10 upgrade from home to pro, fails upgrade from Microsoft store.

win 10 upgrade from home to pro, fails upgrade from Microsoft store.: I purchased home to pro upgrade from Microsoft store. Upgrade install gets to 99% then fails with error code 0xc004f050. According to Microsoft this is an activation error. My account shows the purchase. I have done; wsreset.exe, ran activation trouble shooter, ran update...
  8. Upgrade from win 10 home to win 10 pro

Upgrade from win 10 home to win 10 pro: I have win 10 home come with my pc and I wont to upgrade to win 10 pro without reinstalling the win 10 image, I search a lot for cheaper key and I can't tell if the key for a lifetime or not and some product key tell me that I can't upgrade from home to pro without...
  9. upgrading from Win 10 home to Win 10 Pro

upgrading from Win 10 home to Win 10 Pro: Hi there, just bought a upgrade to PRO for my Lenovo Legion y720, purchased through Microsoft store. download and install finished without a hitch until i noticed the activate windows text appeared on my screen, then i tried to do the activate windows manually and there i...
  10. upgrading from Win 10 home to Win 10 Pro

upgrading from Win 10 home to Win 10 Pro: I am having difficulty upgrade my laptop from Win 10 home to Win 10 pro because the Win 10 home licence is a digital licence and my new Win 10 pro licence is a new Product Key licence. I have no idea that they were different. The Win 10 Pro licence is a valid genuine key but...