Windows 10: Checking for updates in win 10 pro upgrade from microsoft

Discus and support Checking for updates in win 10 pro upgrade from microsoft in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Have a PC with Windows 7 Pro installed. Decided to do the free upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. Everything went fine until the download came to the section... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by lowell12, Mar 11, 2016.

1. lowell12 Win User

Checking for updates in win 10 pro upgrade from microsoft

Have a PC with Windows 7 Pro installed. Decided to do the free upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. Everything went fine until the download came to the section CHECKING FOR UPDATES?? AfterFOUR HOURS the download was still checking for updates?? That's what I did yesterday. Today, still the same checking for updates and four hours later still checking for updates. I upgraded two other machine from Windows 7 Pro and there was no checking for updates in either of those upgrades?

Anyone have the same problem??

:)

lowell12, Mar 11, 2016
  2. weswesam Win User

Cortana, Windows Update, Windows Defender and cannot add email after upgrading to Windows 10

Original Title: After upgrading to win 10 pro from 7 pro

After upgrading to win 10 pro from 7 proI can't add my email,cortina,can't update windows defender, nor windows update, as if can't connect to microsoft server.

weswesam, Mar 11, 2016
  3. Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 are eligible for the free Windows 10 upgrade. What about Windows 8 !!!.

I am getting confused reading on different web sites who is eligible for the free Windows 10 upgrade at the end of July, 2015 when Microsoft releases it.

Back on 10/26/2012, I purchased from Microsoft the promotional WINDOWS 8 Pro they were offering for $39,99.

Whit this Win. 8 Pro purchase, I was able to update my Win.7 Home Premium to Win. 8 Pro.

I just finished getting my computer prepared and ready for this Win. 10 free upgrade release.

By: 1) Installing my Win. 7 Home Premium.

2) Upgrading my Win. 7 Home Premium with the $39.99 Win. 8 Pro Upgrade that I purchased from Microsoft.

This I think would qualify me for the free Win. 10 Pro upgrade.

Or do I have to get from the store the free Update to windows 8.1 Pro.

But then again I am not certain.

SomeHope_1, Mar 11, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, I wouldn't (and didn't) do the upgrade that way personally. I'd download the iso (once) and create a bootable medium. Then I'd do the upgrade (without checking for updates at that time).

Once Win 10 was installed (and I'd therefore shown there was no conflicting program/driver/ boot problem...) then I'd do the update.

Why? I wouldn't wish to waste time downloading and then find it didn't work - or got stuck as in your case.

Further, I'd have the bootable install medium in hand for either
    - reinstall
    - use on another PC
    - an in-place upgrade repair install (see Tutorial section if you don't know what that is- it's a significant benefit in Win 10

dalchina, Mar 12, 2016
Thema:

1. Checking for updates in win 10 pro upgrade from microsoft - Similar Threads - Checking updates pro

2. Win 10 Pro upgrade from Win 10 Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Pro upgrade from Win 10 Home: Just realized that I bought a Win10 Pro upgrade (from Win 10 Home) at the MS Store on 01/13/17, but never installed it! I have the order number but I don't think I ever got a Product Key. How can I install the update so I can get Pro and use Bit Locker? Thanks....
  3. Win 10 Pro upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 Pro upgrade: I searched and there are some sites that sell new keys for less than $99. Looking for information on if any are legit. Thanks Ken 138852
  4. upgrading from Win 10 home to Win 10 Pro

upgrading from Win 10 home to Win 10 Pro: Hi there, just bought a upgrade to PRO for my Lenovo Legion y720, purchased through Microsoft store. download and install finished without a hitch until i noticed the activate windows text appeared on my screen, then i tried to do the activate windows manually and there i...
  5. upgrading from Win 10 home to Win 10 Pro

upgrading from Win 10 home to Win 10 Pro: I am having difficulty upgrade my laptop from Win 10 home to Win 10 pro because the Win 10 home licence is a digital licence and my new Win 10 pro licence is a new Product Key licence. I have no idea that they were different. The Win 10 Pro licence is a valid genuine key but...
  6. Reinstall Win 10 Pro from Win 8.1 upgrade.

Reinstall Win 10 Pro from Win 8.1 upgrade.: Hey, guys. I bought the Win 8 Pro (64bits) then it upgraded to Win 8.1 and finally to 10 Pro (64 bits) through the free Win 10 upgrade... The Win 10 is installed on a 1TB Black Caviar. Recently bought an Kingston A400 480GB, and want to install the Win 10 on that. How...
  7. Upgrading from Win 10 Home -> Pro

Upgrading from Win 10 Home -> Pro: I purchased a machine with Windows 10 Home pre-installed. I purchased a Win 10 Pro OEM licence from Directdeals.com as I had done successfully before, now when I try and enter the new product key I get an error message: "The product key you entered didn't work. …...
  8. Upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro

Upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro: I purchased an upgrade to Win 10 Pro from a Microsoft certified seller. The problem I'm having is the upgrade keeps hanging up around 80% install. I'm running an MSI motherboard MSI Z975SSLI Krait Edition (MS 7922) 64 bit Intel core i5-4690 3.5 Ghz 38 GB memory. Can...
  9. Can't upgrade from Win 10 Home to Pro

Can't upgrade from Win 10 Home to Pro: I have just purchased this upgrade inside Microsoft Store. However, when I go to Activation -> Go to the store -> Install, it says "Something happened and we can't start the upgrade". Something! No error code, no hint, not even a log in the event viewer, NO-TH-IN-G! I tried...
  10. upgrade from win 8.1 home to win 10 Pro

upgrade from win 8.1 home to win 10 Pro: Brink or someone I have upgraded from win 8 home to win 8.1 home on my desktop at home and all appears to be working well. I do not currently have many programs/applications (and my data and photos will be on backup USB) on my desktop and hope this will be easy. I really...