Windows 10: Checking For Updates - Never Ending Though

Discus and support Checking For Updates - Never Ending Though in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello There My Dell Latitude E6420 running Windows 10 Pro, Inrel i7 VPro no longer 'catches' the Windows Insider (Slow Recommended) Updates. Since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ramuettan, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Ramuettan Win User

Checking For Updates - Never Ending Though

Hello There

My Dell Latitude E6420 running Windows 10 Pro, Inrel i7 VPro no longer 'catches' the Windows Insider (Slow Recommended) Updates. Since this problem started, I have had 2 or 3 updates so far installed in 2 other machines.

All I can see is the message 'Checking For Updates' and the running DOTS going on with no end or time limit to it. One time I was working on this machine after clicking to 'Check For Updates'' and that is when it all started.

I can no longer see 'Check For Updates' to click. As soon as the 'Updates & Security' item is clicked, the screen defaults into this marathon straight away. So, my dear Windows/MS Experts, please advise what can we do to get all these back to normal. Thanks.

:)

Ramuettan, Mar 20, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Mar 20, 2019
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    geforce experience takes an age to load..

Well that's why I asked. Mine is on SSD and takes 11 seconds. Your list of games will not appear if it has not checkd for updated suggested settings for awhile until it checks.

When it says it is refreshing the game list, it is checking, because NVIDIA periodically updates suggested settings. Plus it will look for those for new games you have installed.

So, the less it is run, the slower it will be.

rtwjunkie, Mar 20, 2019
  4. Naki Win User

Minor suggestion for Check for updates

No, I know that. Exactly where I suggest this to be changed, please note.
    Sorry for not being clear.

The Check for updates small window currently does not show what I ask to be added - program version. Please consider adding this. Many other programs have this, so I suggest for GPU-Z to have it too.

Thema:

1. Checking For Updates - Never Ending Though - Similar Threads - Checking Updates Never

2. Never ending queries on dwm.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Never ending queries on dwm.exe: I came up with something new related to dwm.exe process in my laptop. First of all I am actually fed up of asking questions about dwm and others may be fed up of answering those questions, but I amn't getting any solution to it.My laptop is surely capable of running Windows...
  3. Never ending queries on dwm.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Never ending queries on dwm.exe: I came up with something new related to dwm.exe process in my laptop. First of all I am actually fed up of asking questions about dwm and others may be fed up of answering those questions, but I amn't getting any solution to it.My laptop is surely capable of running Windows...
  4. Never ending queries on dwm.exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Never Ending Loop :/

Never Ending Loop :/: I'm now in a never-ending loop of blue screen with CRITICAL PROCESS DIED and then going to automatic repair trying startup repair unable to do it and then trying resetting the pc unable to do it tried every option available and unable to work. including Going into safe mode...
  6. Randoms BSOD NEVER ENDING

Randoms BSOD NEVER ENDING: My specs Cpu: Ryzen 7 2700x Power Supply: EVGA 600W Ram: 8X2 Steel patriot cl 15 Graphics card: RX 580 8GB GIGABYTE Motherboard: X570 Aorus Elite wifi rev 1.x F33A Bios Case: Generic case Winver: 20H2 COMP 19042.746 I have tried everything from deactivating the...
  7. Never ending Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Never ending Windows update: so i have updated my windows to the latest version bur after restart, windows keep asking me to restart again it says update for edge for windows 10 version 2004 i have restart my PC about more than 50 times but the update never finished it keep saying this [ATTACH]...
  8. Never ending BSoDs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Never ending BSoDs: Hi guys, so yesterday morning I went to work on my Surface Pro 3 and I found it dead. No big deal, this happens a lot so I plugged it back in and let it charge up and turn on. When I turned it back on it started to update. I believe the update finished because my lock screen...
  9. Never-ending Windows Activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Never-ending Windows Activation: I've been receiving a watermark at the lower right of my display warning me Windows is not activated every single day for over a week now, even though I purchased this computer from Dell with Windows 10 Home pre-installed a few months short of two years ago an XPS 8920 tower....
  10. Win 10 update is never ending

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Win 10 update is never ending: I have a computer I believe has viruses on it. I decided to get them off today, but when I plugged it in, and turned it on, it started an update. And it was still going when I left for church 30 minutes later. My plan was to try to clean it but I will take the hdd out if...