Windows 10: Checking for Updates + task host open when closing

Discus and support Checking for Updates + task host open when closing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, im running Windows 10 Pro. When I go to Update, it doesnt seem to pass the Checking for updates... protocol. Also, and possibly as a result of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Divine_Moonlight, Dec 25, 2019.

1. Checking for Updates + task host open when closing

Hi, im running Windows 10 Pro.

When I go to Update, it doesnt seem to pass the Checking for updates... protocol.

Also, and possibly as a result of that, it also says I have two task-hosts' open during shutdown,

when in fact I do not and havent made any changes.

It's not a huge problem at the moment, but I cant seem to figure it out, and, since its not updating;

or updating properly, I could see how that could be bad in the long run. Thank you, and merry christmas.

:)

Divine_Moonlight, Dec 25, 2019
  2. IrdealDJA Win User

Problem with the Task Host Window and the shutting down

Hi Sayan_Gosh, thanks for your fast response! I will answer first all the four questions that you are asking me:

• The PC that I'm using is a Gateway model DX4860 with previous Windows 7 Home Premium.
    • I have upgrade to Windows 10 using Windows update settings.
    • I have Norton Security Deluxe installed in my PC.
    • And finally, all programs were closed before shutting down Windows.
    I will execute your initial recommendations and the
    diagnostic steps that you suggest me; and I will let you know the status of the "Task Host issue".

IrdealDJA, Dec 25, 2019
  3. Aera Rua Win User
    Task Host

Hi Josee,

Task host is a windows program that ensures previously open programs are closed properly and if this is the reason why you are unable to completely shut down your device, you may follow these steps to resolve your concern:

Method 1: Run the Power Troubleshooter.

• Press the Windows key, then click the gear icon for
      Settings
    • Select Update & Security, then select Troubleshoot.
    • Search and select Power.
    • Click the Run the troubleshooter button.
    Running the troubleshooter automatically scans and fix for any errors, but if issue still persists, follow the next steps:

Method 2: Perform clean boot.

Performing clean boot help in isolating if there are third-party software that is causing this issue to happen.
    You may follow this
    article
    to start the process.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Aera Rua, Dec 25, 2019
  4. BulldogXX Win User

Checking for Updates + task host open when closing

Windows task host wont close

It's even more complicated than that, I'm afraid. The Windows Task Host is, as the name implies, a host for other tasks that execute inside the host. There could be a dozen individual tasks working inside the host, making it even more difficult to find out
    what is causing the problem.

Presuming that you close all programs you are working with before shutting down, here's what's happening: As part of the shutdown process, Windows closes all tasks that run in the background, i.e., they are running but you don't see them running because
    they don't put up a user interface.

Every now and then one of those background tasks doesn't take the hint and keeps on running in the background. That's when Windows says "Look, buddy ..." and forces the task to close. That's the message you are seeing.

Event Viewer will probably tell you which task kept on running and had to be closed down the hard way. Find the name of the task and reply to your post so we can help further.

BulldogXX, Dec 25, 2019
Thema:

Checking for Updates + task host open when closing

1. Checking for Updates + task host open when closing - Similar Threads - Checking Updates task

2. Task Manager not updating value and hangs when closing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager not updating value and hangs when closing: Details Page showing blankTrying to close the task managerSo far ran full virus scan, offline scan and still no solutionWorks well in safe mode but cant seem to figure out why...
  3. Task Manager not updating value and hangs when closing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Manager not updating value and hangs when closing: Details Page showing blankTrying to close the task managerSo far ran full virus scan, offline scan and still no solutionWorks well in safe mode but cant seem to figure out why...
  4. Task manager opens for a second then closes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task manager opens for a second then closes: HelloI have been having an issue for a few months and I finally decided to take action, task manager closing about a second after opening it. I browsed about 10 threads and still could not find a solution. It works in safe mode, but I do not know how to get it to work in a...
  5. Task manager opens for a second then closes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task manager opens for a second then closes: HelloI have been having an issue for a few months and I finally decided to take action, task manager closing about a second after opening it. I browsed about 10 threads and still could not find a solution. It works in safe mode, but I do not know how to get it to work in a...
  6. Task manager opens for a second then closes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Task Host

Task Host: Computer Freezes after 5 minutes of idle. To turn computer on I must first unplug power. I believe this is a Task Host problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-host/a4a7a000-132b-463c-800b-45859bcb8bfe
  8. Task Host

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task Host: Hi! Im in need of advice. Ive got a band new laptop with just a couple months of use. Yesterday I felt it was hotter than normal without the ouse of any intensive program, and tho its summer in my country, it was not THAT hot. Wen I went to turn it off "task host" appeared...
  9. Task manager opens and then imediately closes.

Task manager opens and then imediately closes.: I have just built my first pc, and installed windows 10 this morning. I then installed google chrome and streamlabs obs. Those are the only three programs that i installed on this hard drive and No problems were present. I left my computer up for about an hour and came back,...
  10. How to run task when app is open and close it when app is closed?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to run task when app is open and close it when app is closed?: Hi there, I'd like to know how I can run a specific file (a single executable that runs in the background by default/AHK script) the moment a specific program launches and close when that app is closed Windows 10 Pro x64 Kind regards 105255