Windows 10: Checking for updates

Discus and support Checking for updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My computer just keeps scrolling and scrolling on "checking for updates". How do I get it to stop?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Elizabeth 0113, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Checking for updates

My computer just keeps scrolling and scrolling on "checking for updates". How do I get it to stop?

:)

Elizabeth 0113, Apr 29, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Apr 29, 2020
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    geforce experience takes an age to load..

Well that's why I asked. Mine is on SSD and takes 11 seconds. Your list of games will not appear if it has not checkd for updated suggested settings for awhile until it checks.

When it says it is refreshing the game list, it is checking, because NVIDIA periodically updates suggested settings. Plus it will look for those for new games you have installed.

So, the less it is run, the slower it will be.

rtwjunkie, Apr 29, 2020
  4. Naki Win User

Checking for updates

Minor suggestion for Check for updates

No, I know that. Exactly where I suggest this to be changed, please note.
    Sorry for not being clear.

The Check for updates small window currently does not show what I ask to be added - program version. Please consider adding this. Many other programs have this, so I suggest for GPU-Z to have it too.

Thema:

Checking for updates

1. Checking for updates - Similar Threads - Checking updates

2. PC keeps checking for updates for many days. Tried resolving it from the answers to similar...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps checking for updates for many days. Tried resolving it from the answers to similar...: As seen in the screenshot windows keeps checking for updates forever. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-keeps-checking-for-updates-for-many-days-tried/26adf7a7-a6c1-4afc-9792-9ab50b9cffa2
  3. PC keeps checking for updates for many days. Tried resolving it from the answers to similar...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC keeps checking for updates for many days. Tried resolving it from the answers to similar...: As seen in the screenshot windows keeps checking for updates forever. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-keeps-checking-for-updates-for-many-days-tried/26adf7a7-a6c1-4afc-9792-9ab50b9cffa2
  4. Windows 10 setup stuck at Checking for updates: 2%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 setup stuck at Checking for updates: 2%: I tried to reinstall my laptop using Windows 10 Pro ISO, it was a success until it got to check the updates. The setup is stuck at 2% for hours. Any solution please,...
  5. Windows 10 setup stuck at Checking for updates: 2%

Windows 10 setup stuck at Checking for updates: 2%: I tried to reinstall my laptop using Windows 10 Pro ISO, it was a success until it got to check the updates. The setup is stuck at 2% for hours. Any solution please,...
  6. Windows 10 setup stuck at Checking for updates: 2%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Check Windows Update Issues: Problem with BITS NET HELPMSG 2182....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Check Windows Update Issues: Problem with BITS NET HELPMSG 2182....: I recently got my Pc and everything seems to work fine but i have an issue with the windows update troubleshooter. I use the troubleshooter and it comes up with Check Windows Update Issues Detected. I go in to the further description of the issue and it says Problem with BITS...
  8. Check Windows Update Issues: Problem with BITS NET HELPMSG 2182....

Check Windows Update Issues: Problem with BITS NET HELPMSG 2182....: I recently got my Pc and everything seems to work fine but i have an issue with the windows update troubleshooter. I use the troubleshooter and it comes up with Check Windows Update Issues Detected. I go in to the further description of the issue and it says Problem with BITS...
  9. Data not identified and check for updates for long time

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Data not identified and check for updates for long time: Hi, My FS2020 data was deleted and I installed the recovered data in the same path as before, but it is not recognized and stays in the update checking section for a long time and finally nothing happens. Please help me...
  10. Checking for Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Checking for Updates: Hi Microsoft community,I've started receiving this popup recently whereas I wasn't before. I'm unsure if its a legitimate popup from Microsoft or not. I have tried to search for it online but I can't find any image resembling it. It looks like an Office 365 update, but it...