Windows 10: checking if video card works correctly

Discus and support checking if video card works correctly in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My display is just very slow on the web. Takes forever to load a page. Does not happen in other computers. What diagnostics can I run?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by marcelosalup, Nov 24, 2019.

1. checking if video card works correctly

My display is just very slow on the web. Takes forever to load a page. Does not happen in other computers. What diagnostics can I run?

:)

marcelosalup, Nov 24, 2019

2. Videos not working on windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) Does this issue occur on Internet Explorer too?

2) Are you able to play the videos which are there in the local drive using Windows media player?

This issue might be because of corrupted graphic drivers.

I suggest you to run the video troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type Troubleshooting in search and click
      Troubleshooting.

• In the left pane click on

• Select Video Playback.

• Follow the prompted steps to troubleshoot this issue.
    I suggest you to update the graphics card drivers/display drivers from manufacturer website and check if it resolves the issue.

• Open Device Manager.

• Expand ‘Display Adapter’.

• Locate the display driver.

• Right-click on the display card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’
    If issue still persists, I would suggest you to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if it works.

Follow the steps provided below to install the drivers in compatibility mode:

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select Windows operating system from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.
    Please reply with status of the issue for further assistance.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Nov 24, 2019
  3. My video card dosen t working

Hi alexbar1,

I'm Stefano an Independent Advisor, here to help you.

I suggest you to follow this procedure, in order to remove and reinstall your video card driver:

1. Press WINDOWS + X

2. Click on "Device Manager"

3. Click on "Video card"

4. Right click on your video card

5. Click on "Uninstall device"

6. Click on "Detects Hardware change" (monitor icon)

7. Reboot your system.

Then check if your video card is working correctly.

StefanoTamiotti, Nov 24, 2019
  4. checking if video card works correctly

Dual video card laptops and Windows 10 upgrade

Hello,

From the description I understand that system is not switching to the fasted video card which is Radeon 7600.

I suggest you to uninstall the current video card from device manager and install Radeon 7600 manually and check if this helps.

To uninstall from device manager follow these steps:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click
      Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right click on the video driver and click on
      uninstall
    • Now install Radeon 7600 and check.

Write us back with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Nov 24, 2019
Thema:

checking if video card works correctly

1. checking if video card works correctly - Similar Threads - checking video card

2. Video capture card not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video capture card not working: HI,I'm getting annoyed that my video capture card isn't getting and picture or audio from my PS5.i have tries disabling HCDP didn't do anything and power cycling, changing the power plan, doing an entire system troubleshoot to make sure nothing is outdated. I'm using a Lenovo...
  3. Video capture card not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video capture card not working: HI,I'm getting annoyed that my video capture card isn't getting and picture or audio from my PS5.i have tries disabling HCDP didn't do anything and power cycling, changing the power plan, doing an entire system troubleshoot to make sure nothing is outdated. I'm using a Lenovo...
  4. Video card not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video card not working: Lenovo legion y520 laptop does not work Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 video card, error 43 and "the device requires further installation", the driver was reinstalled both from the official Lenovo website, and from the Nvidia website, and through the device manager, help please...
  5. Video card not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video card not working: Lenovo legion y520 laptop does not work Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 video card, error 43 and "the device requires further installation", the driver was reinstalled both from the official Lenovo website, and from the Nvidia website, and through the device manager, help please...
  6. Video card not working

7. Windows not displaying correct amount of RAM on video card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not displaying correct amount of RAM on video card: I just purchased a new MSI Stealth GS77 gaming laptop with a Geforce RTX 3060 with 6gb GDDR6 onboard, running the latest version of Windows 11. I downloaded the drivers for the RTX 3060 laptop GPU from Nvidia's website and installed them. Later, I decided to run Speccy to...
  8. Windows not displaying correct amount of RAM on video card

Windows not displaying correct amount of RAM on video card: I just purchased a new MSI Stealth GS77 gaming laptop with a Geforce RTX 3060 with 6gb GDDR6 onboard, running the latest version of Windows 11. I downloaded the drivers for the RTX 3060 laptop GPU from Nvidia's website and installed them. Later, I decided to run Speccy to...
  9. how to check video card

how to check video card: what do I RUN to check my video card? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-check-video-card/80a9203a-effc-4c82-8b3b-1b019987cb5f
  10. Looking for correct video card driver

Looking for correct video card driver: I'm using Win10TP 64-bit. I'm having trouble finding a correct driver for my NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT PCIe card. The OS just lists my driver as "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter". I did find one link below that lists a bunch of drivers for this cards but I don't know which one to...