Windows 10: Checking the proxy and the firewall

Discus and support Checking the proxy and the firewall in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I can't connect through google chrome to https://my.sfwmd.gov/ePermitting/Login.do... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Manny WellDrilling, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Checking the proxy and the firewall

I can't connect through google chrome to https://my.sfwmd.gov/ePermitting/Login.do

:)

Manny WellDrilling, Aug 8, 2018
  2. twilyth Win User

Firewall that can block specific IPs?

so you're not talking about a range of ip's, just a list of them - right?

I thought virtually any decent firewall could do that. You should also be able to do it through your router.

Proxies shouldn't be a problem unless they are anonymous proxies - non-anon proxies still report the originating IP IIRC.

For anon-proxies, you'll probably have to block a range - if it is something like ninjacloak for example.

twilyth, Aug 8, 2018
  3. Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Aug 8, 2018
  4. dcf-joe Win User

Checking the proxy and the firewall

Proxy Server?

When I was in high school, I used this website. It is a website that lists working proxies, updated daily. If you choose the right ones, you can actually successfully watch youtube videos through the proxy!

dcf-joe, Aug 8, 2018
Thema:

Checking the proxy and the firewall

1. Checking the proxy and the firewall - Similar Threads - Checking proxy firewall

2. check if firewall is blocking any apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    check if firewall is blocking any apps: I can't get email to update and a suggestion was made that me Firewall is blocking it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/check-if-firewall-is-blocking-any-apps/11fe163e-825e-4f1a-a12d-d7116c1fde95
  3. Check your Proxy and Firewall

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Check your Proxy and Firewall: · Good Afternoon I am having issues going onto a website that is linked with my school every time I try to go into the library link on my school portal it does not let me. It shows an error page with it saying check internet connection and proxy.firewall. I have not made any...
  4. proxy

proxy: Proxy gets turned on, thereby preventing windows internet access. How to permanently disable VPN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/proxy/ea379afb-f237-48f0-b7aa-b708ce3a16f3
  5. Base Filtering Engine Error 5/firewall/proxy server problem

Base Filtering Engine Error 5/firewall/proxy server problem: My firewall isnt working anymore and neither is my internet. When running Windows Troubleshooting, it says "Windows could not automatically detect this networks proxy settings". Whenever I try to connect to the internet, only airplane mode is shown. No, I'm not connected to...
  6. Disable "Check Firewall Status" Notification

Disable "Check Firewall Status" Notification: Hello, This question has been asked before but it doesn't appear to have been solved. I support users who somewhat inconsistently receive the "Check Firewall Status" notification when their domain firewall is off. I wont go in to any extra details but I can promise that...
  7. proxy

proxy: how can i fix this [img] 139350
  8. proxy

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    proxy: how can i fix this [img] 139350
  9. How to stop "Check Firewall Status" notifications?

How to stop "Check Firewall Status" notifications?: Windows 10 continually harasses me about the firewall, posting a "Check Firewall Status" notification multiple times per day, even though my firewall settings are controlled by a domain policy, they are fine and there is no problem, and I can't do a darned thing about the...
  10. FIrewall and proxy settings

FIrewall and proxy settings: Good day! I am trying to figure out why I am having connection problems when I am trying to download content. I get a message saying that it could be my firewall or proxy settings that are preventing the download. I have checked over everything numerous times. I have a solid...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. checking the proxy and the firewall chrome

2. checking the proxy and the firewall

3. checking the proxy and the firewall error

4. proxy and firewall,
  5. checking the proxy and the firewall win 10,
  6. checking proxy and firewall,
  7. Checking the proxy and the firewall (chrome-error://chromewebdata/#buttons),
  8. checking the proxy and firewall,
  9. Your device is connected to the Internet using a VPN or proxy service. Please disable it and try again. For more help go to amazon.co.uk/vpn.,
  10. your device is connected to the internet using a vpn or proxy service error. please disable it,
  11. proxy and firewall chrome,
  12. chrome try:checking the proxy firewall and dns configurationrunning windows network diagnostics,
  13. Checking the proxy firewall and DNS configuration,
  14. checking the proxy and firewall in windows10,
  15. check proxy firewall and dns configuration win 10