Windows 10: Checking Win10 version from a mounted ISO file?

Discus and support Checking Win10 version from a mounted ISO file? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; II have an ISO file just called Windows10.ISO and it is mounted with the Windows 10 installation files including the INSTALL.ESD but I have no idea... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by win10freak, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Checking Win10 version from a mounted ISO file?

II have an ISO file just called Windows10.ISO and it is mounted with the Windows 10 installation files including the INSTALL.ESD but I have no idea which version it is. How can I tell if it is version 1909?

:)

win10freak, Feb 2, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Error when mounting ISO files

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand when you are trying to delete/rename/move the ISO files after mounting it you get an error message. It could be possible that the ISO file is mounted and that is the reason you are unable to modify it.

I suggest you to eject the ISO file and then try to modify it. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + E, to open
      File Explorer
    2. Click on This PC on the left pane, you will find the mounted ISO file.
    3. Right click on the ISO file and click on Eject. Try modifying the ISO file now.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 2, 2020
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Error mounting .ISO files in Windows 10

Hi,

There are several reasons why you are having issues mounting ISO files on your Windows 10 Home computer. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• What other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Have you tried mounting the ISO files on another computer?
    • Have you tried copying the ISO file to your desktop and mount it from there?
    • Do you have a CD/DVD drive installed on your computer?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Feb 2, 2020
  4. Checking Win10 version from a mounted ISO file?

Error mounting .ISO files in Windows 10

Hi there

I'm having problems mounting .iso files in Windows 10 Home 64-bit since I re-installed Windows on my new replacement hard drive.

Every time I tried to do this the computer hangs for a while, then the following message appears:

"Sorry, there was a problem mounting the file".

I've tried 3rd party mounting software and I also have no success in mounting .iso files - I have also tried numerous different .iso files and still it is not possible.

Any suggestions?

TheLastBowlOfSoup, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

Checking Win10 version from a mounted ISO file?

1. Checking Win10 version from a mounted ISO file? - Similar Threads - Checking Win10 version

2. Can't mount ISO file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't mount ISO file: After upgrading from Window 10 64 to Windows 11 I can't mount ISO files. I have mount options in Explorer and after choosing it Windows Explorer stops responding. That is the situation with all ISO files, even with those ones, downloaded with Windows 10 on the same notebook...
  3. Can't mount ISO file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't mount ISO file: After upgrading from Window 10 64 to Windows 11 I can't mount ISO files. I have mount options in Explorer and after choosing it Windows Explorer stops responding. That is the situation with all ISO files, even with those ones, downloaded with Windows 10 on the same notebook...
  4. Problem mounting the iso file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem mounting the iso file: I am having two virtual machines, server 1 and server-db.I have copied an sql iso file from server1 to server db. But when i try to install sql on db server, it is giving me an error “sorry, there was a problem mounting the file”.I have copied the iso file through UNC...
  5. Problem mounting the iso file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem mounting the iso file: I am having two virtual machines, server 1 and server-db.I have copied an sql iso file from server1 to server db. But when i try to install sql on db server, it is giving me an error “sorry, there was a problem mounting the file”.I have copied the iso file through UNC...
  6. Problem mounting the iso file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. win10 ISO version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win10 ISO version: Is the win10 ISO I create from the website the most updated version of win10? The current version i have is from 1903, but i download another will it be 20h2? Cant seem to find where it lists what the current ISO version is....
  8. Iso file mounting

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Iso file mounting: I want to know if you can delete the ISO File right after you mount it, does it keep mounted? Because I am having low space in my driver and I want to install this app, but the size is bigger than my available space so that's why. 144282
  9. ISO Files Won't Mount

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ISO Files Won't Mount: [ATTACH] Hello, I've been having trouble with opening/mounting ISO files. These problems didn't happen before and have never happened before, so you can imagine my bewilderment. I click on the ISO files and my computer appears to be processing it, since I get the hour glass...
  10. Mounting ISO file

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Mounting ISO file: I just recently updated from windows 7 to windows 10 I use ISO files regularly and need to get this fixed. I am unable to mount any iso files or even run and iso mounting software. I keep reading that all i have to do is select the file and i should be given the option either...