Windows 10: Checking your connection to Microsoft

Discus and support Checking your connection to Microsoft in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I reinstalled windows 10 using a 21h1 on a dell inspiron. I get stuck in a loop after connecting to a network. I hit next after successfully connecting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ethan-Schreiber, Dec 9, 2021.

1. Checking your connection to Microsoft

I reinstalled windows 10 using a 21h1 on a dell inspiron. I get stuck in a loop after connecting to a network. I hit next after successfully connecting to a wireless network. The laptop then shows 'Checking the connection to Microsoft. This might take a while.' It spins for ~5 minutes and then goes back to connect to a network. I am not given the option to setup an offline account. I have tried connecting with ethernet instead of wifi. I have tried disabling the network card, still would not let me create an offline account.

:)

Ethan-Schreiber, Dec 9, 2021

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 9, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Check for connections to urls used in sdp service

Hi Basha,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet connection. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with
    your internet.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Connection troubleshooter and Network Adapter troubleshooter

Method 2.

Try updating the Network Adapter drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the Network Adapter drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand Network Adapter.

c. Right-click on the Ethernet and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Method 3: If you are using any Proxy connection, then try disabling the proxy connection and check.

Follow the steps to disable proxy:

• Click the Settings icon at the top right corner in internet explorer.
    • Click the Tools button, and then click
      Internet Options.
    • Click the Connections tab, and then click
      LAN settings.
    • Uncheck the box next to "proxy server for your LAN".
    • Click on OK to save the setting and close window.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Dec 9, 2021
  4. Sasqui Win User

Checking your connection to Microsoft

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Dec 9, 2021
Thema:

Checking your connection to Microsoft

1. Checking your connection to Microsoft - Similar Threads - Checking connection Microsoft

2. Checking connection to Microsoft loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Checking connection to Microsoft loop: Hey!I created a new partition to install Windows 10.I am now stuck at the "Checking connection to Microsoft. This may take some time" I have also tried to find others who had the same problem but none of the solutions worked.First I tried to connect WIFI with an ethernet...
  3. Checking connection to Microsoft loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Checking connection to Microsoft loop: Hey!I created a new partition to install Windows 10.I am now stuck at the "Checking connection to Microsoft. This may take some time" I have also tried to find others who had the same problem but none of the solutions worked.First I tried to connect WIFI with an ethernet...
  4. Checking connection to Microsoft loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Checking your connection to Microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Checking your connection to Microsoft: I reinstalled windows 10 using a 21h1 on a dell inspiron. I get stuck in a loop after connecting to a network. I hit next after successfully connecting to a wireless network. The laptop then shows 'Checking the connection to Microsoft. This might take a while.' It spins for...
  6. Checking your connection to Microsoft

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Checking your connection to Microsoft: I reinstalled windows 10 using a 21h1 on a dell inspiron. I get stuck in a loop after connecting to a network. I hit next after successfully connecting to a wireless network. The laptop then shows 'Checking the connection to Microsoft. This might take a while.' It spins for...
  7. Problem connecting to your Microsoft account. Check your internet connection and try again.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Problem connecting to your Microsoft account. Check your internet connection and try again.: Hi everyone, I am having trouble connecting to my Microsoft account. When in settings an error message appears at the top of the screen which states; "There was a problem connecting to your Microsoft account. Check your internet connection and try again." The issue is...
  8. Fix Microsoft Store error 0x80072F30 Check your connection

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Microsoft Store error 0x80072F30 Check your connection: [ATTACH] Microsoft Store error code 0x80072F30 occurs if the Store is unable to launch successfully or fails to connect to the Internet. It could occur due to a stopped Windows Update Service, a corrupted Windows Store cache or due to the [...] This post Fix Microsoft Store...
  9. Metro APPS - Check your Internet Connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Metro APPS - Check your Internet Connection: Metro APPS cannot connect to the Internet, however desktop apps can. Please advised thanks! I figured out it was just some apps; 0x80070422 So I tried uninstalling it and I can't get it back now : ( : ( and I can't install any new apps either. : / what's going on!? 38715
  10. How to Check if Your Connection is Using the Fastest Route?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Check if Your Connection is Using the Fastest Route?: I have 2 computers are two different networks (two different cities). If I make a direct connection between my two computers, how do I determine that the connection is the fastest route? I was looking up this answer on this forum and the web and it seems that you need to...