Windows 10: checkmark box on desktop icons - what is it for?

Discus and support checkmark box on desktop icons - what is it for? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have noticed a checkmark box on my desktop icons - usually with a checkmark in it. What is this for???... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by tnetcenter, Apr 8, 2019.

1. checkmark box on desktop icons - what is it for?

I have noticed a checkmark box on my desktop icons - usually with a checkmark in it. What is this for???

:)

tnetcenter, Apr 8, 2019

2. Green Checkmarks/ Ticks on desktop icons

Since I have got my laptop, I have noticed green checkmarks on the desktop icons. These are irritating. I know this is regarding OneDrive but how to remove them?

RushilJalal, Apr 8, 2019
  3. what does a green checkmark signify on my desktop icons

Green checkmarks on my desktop icons. What is the significance?

RobertAlvarez2, Apr 8, 2019
  4. ZDHARV Win User

checkmark box on desktop icons - what is it for?

Green checkmark on some destop icons

Kiran, these icon checckmarks appear and disappear on my desktop icons, sometimes every few seconds. They seem to occur on icons that are shortcuts, apps, and folders. Playing with carbonite and manually backing up seemed to make these icon checkmarks
    disappear and shortly re-appear.

Accessing the shortcuts links, apps associated with these checkmarked icons are not a problem.

I have also disabled Malwarebytes and rebooted. the checkmarks are gone. I re-enable Malwarebytes and I don't have any checkmarks at this point.

I'll report back if/when these checkmarks re-appear.

ZDHARV, Apr 8, 2019
Thema:

checkmark box on desktop icons - what is it for?

1. checkmark box on desktop icons - what is it for? - Similar Threads - checkmark box desktop

2. How to remove the Windows 10 desktop icon's checkmarks?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove the Windows 10 desktop icon's checkmarks?: I uninstalled OneDrive, which I don't use.But none of the steps for removing the checkmarks for the Windows 10 desktop icons I found with Google searches seem to eliminate the checkmarks.For example,Your suggestion please.TIA....
  3. How to remove the Windows 10 desktop icon's checkmarks?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove the Windows 10 desktop icon's checkmarks?: I uninstalled OneDrive, which I don't use.But none of the steps for removing the checkmarks for the Windows 10 desktop icons I found with Google searches seem to eliminate the checkmarks.For example,Your suggestion please.TIA....
  4. How to remove the Windows 10 desktop icon's checkmarks?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Green Checkmarks on desktop icons but only on shortcuts and exes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Green Checkmarks on desktop icons but only on shortcuts and exes: it looks like this i don't have onedrive so it confuses me why it's here is this a cause for concern ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/green-checkmarks-on-desktop-icons-but-only-on/929f658c-38ba-4fc1-ba25-bdb8c40bf031
  6. Green Checkmarks on desktop icons but only on shortcuts and exes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Green Checkmarks on desktop icons but only on shortcuts and exes: it looks like this i don't have onedrive so it confuses me why it's here is this a cause for concern ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/green-checkmarks-on-desktop-icons-but-only-on/929f658c-38ba-4fc1-ba25-bdb8c40bf031
  7. weird green checkmarks on short icons on the desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    weird green checkmarks on short icons on the desktop: hey all you experts, yet another strange issue I think I've found with microsoft's wonderful windows technology it seems like. here's what I've got: this weirdness has now started occurring today, after a previous bout of weirdness happened to me last week, which is...
  8. Green Checkmarks/ Ticks on desktop icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Green Checkmarks/ Ticks on desktop icons: Since I have got my laptop, I have noticed green checkmarks on the desktop icons. These are irritating. I know this is regarding OneDrive but how to remove them?...
  9. Green Checkmark on my apps icons on desktop !?

in Windows 10 Support
    Green Checkmark on my apps icons on desktop !?: I just saw that there was a green check mark on some of the application icons on my desktop! Never seen this before! And then suddenly gone! Anyone knows what this is? 13425
  10. Green Checkmarks next to desktop icons on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Green Checkmarks next to desktop icons on Windows 10: I got a new computer running Windows 10, when I got it, it had these green checkmarks. I don't have Norton so that cant be the problem. Please help. [img] 103789

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is the checkmark for on desktop icon

2. what is a checkmark box for on a desktop icon

3. what is the checkmark in the icons on desktop