Windows 10: Child able to work-around family restrictions

Discus and support Child able to work-around family restrictions in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Please, any ideas how to prevent a child from hacking their way round Microsoft Family restrictions? Politely asking them not to unfortunately doesn’t... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by AnnaWiejak, Oct 2, 2021.

1. Child able to work-around family restrictions

Please, any ideas how to prevent a child from hacking their way round Microsoft Family restrictions? Politely asking them not to unfortunately doesn’t appear to work.Child’s account is locked with time restrictions, all apps blocked, age limit<3, etc. The child can still force their way through the „Time’s up” screen and watch e.g. youtube for as long as they desire.They kindly shared their procedure with me:the „Time’s up” screen is ONpress windows key, type e.g. firefox and hit enterpress ctrl+alt+tab, select the new File Explorer screenpress the down arrow key a few times to highlight e.

:)

AnnaWiejak, Oct 2, 2021

2. Windows 10 Family safety - child can disable all feature, why?

Hi,

There may be a sync issue with the restrictions that has been applied to the child account. To isolate your concern regarding Family Safety, we recommend that you follow these steps:

• Remove the Child account on the Family Safety website.
    • Change the passwords of your account.
    • Add the Child account again.
    • Add the restrictions to the Child account again.

Keep us updated with the results if your child will still be able to turn off the Family Safety feature after performing the steps above.

Kristoffer Abs, Oct 2, 2021
  3. Microsoft Family Child Account - Able to Access Blocked Accounts

Hi Randy,

The issue that you’ve encountered regarding the restrictions that you’ve set on your child’s account under
    Microsoft Family may be caused by some configuration on the feature. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you remove and re-add your child’s account to the
    Microsoft family. This process will re-establish a good configuration on the account. To remove a Family member, you may follow the steps provided in this article on how to
    remove members from your Microsoft family.
    Once you’re on the page, you may proceed with the steps under the Online section, and then complete the process. After completing the steps, you may go to this article on how to
    set up your family, and then complete the given steps. After completing the process,
    you may set the restrictions to your child’s account by following the steps given in this article on how to
    set restrictions for your child
    on Windows 10 and Xbox One.

Keep us updated about your concern for additional assistance.

Joseph Ban, Oct 2, 2021
  4. Sten2.0 Win User

Child able to work-around family restrictions

Microsoft family restrictions

Hi,

You actually need your parent to turn off any restrictions on your account. I'm afraid you need to get yourself back to your family temporarily. These are the instructions for an adult account.

• Go to account.microsoft.com/family and sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • To remove a child, find their name, then select Content restrictions. Turn off any settings you may have enabled. Then go back to your family’s page, find the child’s name again, and select More options > Remove
      from family.
    • If you want to remove a child because they’re now an adult, or if an adult account has been misclassified as a child account, they’ll need to verify
      their account

I personally think you should be good without doing the third step, but I can't give you a guarantee.

Hope it does the trick. In case of any issues, I'm happy to help you more when needed. If it worked, please mark the answer as helpful.

Sten2.0, Oct 2, 2021
Thema:

Child able to work-around family restrictions

1. Child able to work-around family restrictions - Similar Threads - Child able around

2. Microsoft Family restrictions not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Family restrictions not working: i have placed time and App limit on my child account. But still he manages to use all blocked apps, surpass the allowed time. I guess he is closing family app using task manager. how can i block him from accessing task manager and installing new apps....
  3. Microsoft Family restrictions not working

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family restrictions not working: i have placed time and App limit on my child account. But still he manages to use all blocked apps, surpass the allowed time. I guess he is closing family app using task manager. how can i block him from accessing task manager and installing new apps....
  4. Microsoft Family restrictions not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Family restrictions

Family restrictions: How can I turn off the requirement to ask for permission to access certain websites? I am already over 18 and I already removed myself from the family, but when I try to access certain websites it still tells me that I need to ask for permission to access the site....
  6. Unable to put restrictions on childs account in the family safe application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to put restrictions on childs account in the family safe application: In the family safe app it says I need to put restrictions on the time my child is on the app by clicking on the name amd some menu is supposed to poo up. Nothing pops up so I cant seem to figure out what im doing wrong....
  7. child account restrictions

child account restrictions: Hi, I have set up an account on my PC for my child and have successfully restricted his internet access to only the list of sites that I have approved. However, on the bottom taskbar, there is a search box that returns previews of web search results, including pictures, if...
  8. Content restrictions not working for a child account in Microsoft Family Safety

Content restrictions not working for a child account in Microsoft Family Safety: So i have a 12 y/o account on my microsoft "family". In the Family section of my microsoft account, I have the childs account activated and i have blocked inappropriate websites toggle on. Toggling this switch will block adult content and enable safesearch according to the...
  9. Family restrictions

Family restrictions: how do i remove a family account from microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-restrictions/afd6c005-d0a7-49d6-a52d-f6106c81c95f"
  10. Microsoft Family Restrictions Still Persist After Removal of Child.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Family Restrictions Still Persist After Removal of Child.: As the title reads, after the child has been removed from the Family, the restrictions still persist. If the child requests for more time, there is an error stating there is no Internet connection. Is there any way to completely remove these restrictions?...