Windows 10: Child access to Google Chrome

Discus and support Child access to Google Chrome in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Time limits for google chrome have been turned off for my child, however he is still being closed out of Google Chrome and prompted to ask me for more... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PeterZellner, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Child access to Google Chrome

Time limits for google chrome have been turned off for my child, however he is still being closed out of Google Chrome and prompted to ask me for more time. I am not seeing an option for unlimited time other than the one that is currently checked. I am only seeing limited time options like 30min, 1hr, 2hr etc.

I do not want to keep granting him more access. Please help.

:)

PeterZellner, Apr 16, 2020

2. Block Google Chrome for Child

I have 5 kids to setup content restrictions for. Though I love that Microsoft gives the power to have the safety features it does, the process is RIDICULOUS if you are doing it for more than 1 child!!!

I attempted to setup my 3 younger kids to only have access to a couple of specific websites, but no other sites. During that process I removed Google Chrome from the blocked apps list. What I did not know was that I had to use Microsoft Edge (one of the
    worst browsers ever) to use the feature that only allows certain sites. So now Google Chrome is no longer a blocked app, but yet the site has no way to just add it back.

I looked up how to block an app and was SHOCKED by the official info from Microsoft. See Below. Basically your kid has to use an app before you can add it to the blocked list. Doesn't that defy the purpose of having safety features for a child?

Besides... I used my child's account and opened Chrome, yet it still DID NOT show up in their activity list in order to block it. NOW WHAT?

FROM MICROSOFT

Blocking specific apps is possible with the Microsoft Account's Family Safety Feature. To block a specific application on your child's account, it is a requirement that the app must be used by your child, so that it will appear in under the Recent Activity
    list. For your child's security, you can log in as the child and launch the app to satisfy this requirement.

Follow these steps to successfully block specific applications:

1. Visit the Microsoft Family website and then sign in your Microsoft Account.
    2. Click the account of the child that you want to block from using an app.
    3. Select Recent Activity.
    4. Click to ensure that Activity Reporting is turned on.
    5. Scroll down and look for Apps & Games.
    6. Choose the apps that you want to block on your child's account.
    7. Click Block to block usage of the app.

msquaredonline, May 23, 2020
  3. Google Chrome access

I can no longer access Google Chrome (Windows 10). I had access to Chrome up until about a week ago. I think this happened when I updated recently, but am not sure. I've tried to uninstall and reinstall. Nothing. I've followed lots of suggested
    steps. Nothing. I can't open it, find it, install it, reinstall it. Any advice?

NancyRobinson4, May 23, 2020
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Child access to Google Chrome

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Child access to Google Chrome

1. Child access to Google Chrome - Similar Threads - Child access Google

2. Unable to access Google Chrome

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to access Google Chrome: When I try to open Google Chrome is says: "You'll need to ask to use this app. You can't use Google Chrome because of your family safety settings, but it doesn't hurt to ask" This just started this morning, but I haven't changed my settings. I tried to follow the...
  3. Internet Access Blocked on Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Access Blocked on Google Chrome: Until recently, Google Chrome was working on my computer but of late it just says the following: Your Internet access is blocked Firewall or antivirus software may have blocked the connection Try: Checking the connection Checking firewall and antivirus configurations...
  4. Approving Google Chrome for a Child

Approving Google Chrome for a Child: How do I permanently approve for my child to use Google Chrome? It only allows me to approve 3 hours. My children need this to do their Google Classroom. This only became an issue today....
  5. microsft family access and google chrome

microsft family access and google chrome: can i turn off microsoft family access? i removed family members but it still wont let google chrome launch, its asking for permission from adult https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsft-family-access-and-google-chrome/6c620a99-a0bb-4754-ad47-9c275a08cd13
  6. Google Chrome access

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Google Chrome access: I can no longer access Google Chrome (Windows 10). I had access to Chrome up until about a week ago. I think this happened when I updated recently, but am not sure. I've tried to uninstall and reinstall. Nothing. I've followed lots of suggested steps. Nothing. I can't...
  7. Cannot run Google Chrome on Child account, needs permission.

Cannot run Google Chrome on Child account, needs permission.: I just got a PC and I downloaded google chrome and it says to ask for permission but it doesn't send an email. I tried doing it manually but there is no settings for my Microsoft account to allow google chrome. I tried changing my families, I tried viewing my devices...
  8. Cannot run Google Chrome on Child account, needs permission.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot run Google Chrome on Child account, needs permission.: I just got a PC and I downloaded google chrome and it says to ask for permission but it doesn't send an email. I tried doing it manually but there is no settings for my Microsoft account to allow google chrome. I tried changing my families, I tried viewing my devices...
  9. Lost access to everything but google chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lost access to everything but google chrome: I'm using a SuperSonic tablet running windows 10 that my college gave me but now I cant run anything but Google Chrome. I try to open settings but nothing happens, I try to open Control Panel but it tells me I lack the permissions to access, file manager does the same thing...
  10. Block Google Chrome for Child

Block Google Chrome for Child: I have 5 kids to setup content restrictions for. Though I love that Microsoft gives the power to have the safety features it does, the process is RIDICULOUS if you are doing it for more than 1 child!!! I attempted to setup my 3 younger kids to only have access to a couple...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. time limits turned off for chrome however still blocks