Windows 10: Child Account Allowed websites

Discus and support Child Account Allowed websites in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have successfully set up my child's account with a number of allowed websites. for expample, one of them is a school resource and he can login to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by KarenRushen, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Child Account Allowed websites

I have successfully set up my child's account with a number of allowed websites. for expample, one of them is a school resource and he can login to the main page OK. However, if he clicks on any links within that website, he is blocked and has to ask for permission to view pages within the site. This isn't practical in a school environment; how do I add allowed websites which enable the child to navigate within the site? Is there a specific way of adding an allowed site that allows all sub-sites?

HELP! Thank you!

:)

KarenRushen, Sep 1, 2019
  2. JBilly93 Win User

Export list of "allowed websites" to another child in microsoft family account

I have a rather large list of allowed websites on my son's account. Is there a way to export that list so it can be used with another family member so that I don't have to manually reenter each website under the different child's account in Microsoft
    Family?

JBilly93, Sep 1, 2019
  3. JerryGfan Win User
    Blocking websites under child user accounts

I have set up child accounts for my kids on my Windows 10 machine. There's only a short list of websites I'd like them to be able to visit, and I've added those sites to the "Always allow these" list. Is there a way to block all other sites except the
    ones I've listed? If not, what's the point of having an allowed list?

Also, is there a way to copy the settings from one child to another? Or do I have to go through the entire process for each child account?

JerryGfan, Sep 1, 2019
  4. Noela Tum Win User

Child Account Allowed websites

Adding websites to child account

Hello Deepak,

Microsoft Family is a benefit of having a Microsoft account because it helps families stay connected and keeps kids safer on Windows 10. One of the Microsoft Family feature is content restrictions.

Content restrictions like Web browsing determines what kind of sites your child can access using their profile. We block many sites automatically, but you can also block or allow specific sites, or choose to only allow your child to visit
    sites you’ve told us are OK. To adjust your child's web browsing restrictions, select
    Settings.

Under the Web browsing option, you can explicitly allow and block websites. If you elected to only see websites like Outlook.com and Online Stopwatch on the
    Allowed list, then this will be where you will add websites to the
    Always allow these list.

You can also check out this article to
    see your child's device use with activity reports
    and
    how to manage your Family settings

Hope this helps and let us know if you have any questions.

Noela Tum, Sep 1, 2019
Thema:

Child Account Allowed websites

1. Child Account Allowed websites - Similar Threads - Child Account Allowed

2. Blocking websites from child access- Websites are still connecting on child account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blocking websites from child access- Websites are still connecting on child account: I am setting up parental controls and am finding websites I've added to the blocked list are still accessible when searched. How do I fix this issue?...
  3. Blocking websites from child access- Websites are still connecting on child account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blocking websites from child access- Websites are still connecting on child account: I am setting up parental controls and am finding websites I've added to the blocked list are still accessible when searched. How do I fix this issue?...
  4. Allow a Child account to install applications

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Allow a Child account to install applications: Windows Version: 2004 (OS Build 19041.985) Hi there, I am looking for a way to allow my 13 year old son to install applications on his Windows 10 Home PC, while still maintaining the bulk of the Family Safety child account features. I spoke to MS support and they have said...
  5. Blocking websites under child user accounts with regex

Blocking websites under child user accounts with regex: Hi, I want to whitelist all URLS that contains the edu.gr If regex was supported I would write *edu.gr* But I cannot add this setting to my child Is it somehow possible?...
  6. Child Website Permissions Not Working

Child Website Permissions Not Working: Hello to All I have my daughter using a PC with my monitoring through microsoft family security. To be honest its always been a fragile piece of software, which given its importance is disappointing. However, now its just refusing to work. I've been trying to add some...
  7. allowing firefox on childs account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    allowing firefox on childs account: my child gets the ask an adult for permission sign every time she tries to use firefox. i get teh email request and give permission but she still cant use it. how do i set it up where she can use firefox?...
  8. Can't Remove Websites from "ALWAYS ALLOWED" Content Restrictions on Child's Account in...

Can't Remove Websites from "ALWAYS ALLOWED" Content Restrictions on Child's Account in...: The "REMOVE" button does not work when trying to remove a website from the "Always Allowed" web browsing content restrictions on one of my kids' accounts in Microsoft Family. It let me remove a handful of sites from the list, but there are 10 or so that clicking the "remove"...
  9. Links from Allowed websites are blocked for Child account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Links from Allowed websites are blocked for Child account: Hello, I have setup accounts for both of my girls. I also added a few websites that I only want them to visit. When my daughter goes to the website it is accessible except for any of the links inside the website page. If she clicks on a link within the main website she...
  10. Can't Remove Websites from "ALWAYS ALLOWED" Content Restrictions on Child's Account in...

Can't Remove Websites from "ALWAYS ALLOWED" Content Restrictions on Child's Account in...: The "REMOVE" button does not work when trying to remove a website from the "Always Allowed" web browsing content restrictions on one of my kids' accounts in Microsoft Family. It let me remove a handful of sites from the list, but there are 10 or so that clicking the "remove"...