Windows 10: Child account and windows chrome- can't access. Constant msg 'ask adult/ admin for permission'

Discus and support Child account and windows chrome- can't access. Constant msg 'ask adult/ admin for permission' in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Can anyone help please? ALl filters removed from 17 YO child but he still cant access chrome. 2 hours wasted trying to resolve... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Frustrated parent still, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Child account and windows chrome- can't access. Constant msg 'ask adult/ admin for permission'

Can anyone help please? ALl filters removed from 17 YO child but he still cant access chrome. 2 hours wasted trying to resolve

:)

Frustrated parent still, Jan 8, 2020

2. Google Chrome asking for adult permissions to access

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you receive error while asking permission from adult for accessing Google Chrome. I would like to know the exact error message/code you receive.

However, since you have mentioned that you are using a child account, the work around would be to converting the child account to a local user account and try using Chrome. Kindly follow the steps to convert the child account to local account.

1. Go to Settings > Account >
      Your info.
    2. Now click on Sign in to a
      local account instead.
    3. Follow the on-screen instructions.

If you are an adult and still using a child account refer the article
    Parental consent and Microsoft child accounts
    for more information.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jan 8, 2020
  3. Danu054 Win User
    Google Chrome asking for adult permissions to access

When I try to open Google chrome I need to request permission from adult by email. When I press ask by email I got error. How I can fix it??? I Can't use google chrome already for 3 weeks. No one from my family active family characteristics... I use an child
    account, plz fix it because google chrome is better than explorer 20000 times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

***Original title: Google Chrome familiy***

Danu054, Jan 8, 2020
  4. Child account and windows chrome- can't access. Constant msg 'ask adult/ admin for permission'

How do I upgrade my child microsoft account to an adult?

Recently I purchased an Xbox and as a result it converted my Microsoft account to a child. I also created and adult one but whenever I try to access certain apps such as google chrome it asks for me to ask for permission from the adult account which I
    grant but it doesn't change the situation. In summary I wish to turn my child account to an adult account.

HenryMcewen, Jan 8, 2020
Thema:

Child account and windows chrome- can't access. Constant msg 'ask adult/ admin for permission'

1. Child account and windows chrome- can't access. Constant msg 'ask adult/ admin for permission' - Similar Threads - Child account chrome

2. Removing Admin access to Child's account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing Admin access to Child's account: I have a Windows 10 computer with three accounts. My personal account, a childs account, and an admin account. I logged onto the child's account and I wanted to move some files. However, I received a message that I need admin privilege's, so I put in the password to move the...
  3. Child account for an Adult

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Child account for an Adult: I was an idiot in 2018 when I created my Microsoft account and put my date of birth as the year I bought the laptop instead of the year of my actual birth in my haste to log into my pc. Now with the family settings and my account as a child account I cannot use it. My partner...
  4. Child account for an Adult

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Child account for an Adult: I was an idiot in 2018 when I created my Microsoft account and put my date of birth as the year I bought the laptop instead of the year of my actual birth in my haste to log into my pc. Now with the family settings and my account as a child account I cannot use it. My partner...
  5. Child account for an Adult

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Child account to Adult?

Child account to Adult?: Hi, I am trying to attach my Xbox account to my Epic Games account for my Rocket League rewards, but it won't let me. After contacting Rocket League's support team, they told me the error code I am receiving is related to my account being a child account. My birthday is...
  7. Asking for an adults permission

Asking for an adults permission: I am the adult in my Family Account why is it asking me to get permission for anything on my laptop? If this keeps up I will never use this again. It has happened a few times and it is for a stupid app. The sticky Notes App. This needs to get handled across the board. I am...
  8. Google Chrome asking for admin/adult approval

Google Chrome asking for admin/adult approval: I've removed myself from the family and it still asks for parent's approval. I dont know what to even do anymore. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-asking-for-adminadult-approval/2fa73af7-843c-49eb-816d-bd92f90e3cee"
  9. Google Chrome asking for adult permissions to access

Google Chrome asking for adult permissions to access: When I try to open Google chrome I need to request permission from adult by email. When I press ask by email I got error. How I can fix it??? I Can't use google chrome already for 3 weeks. No one from my family active family characteristics... I use an child account, plz fix...
  10. Microsoft Family Features: Ask for permission on an adult account

Microsoft Family Features: Ask for permission on an adult account: I have a computer in my house that recently lost a hard drive. To fix the problem, I ended up installing a new hard drive and doing a clean install of Windows 10 Pro 64 bit version. It has all the latest patches and updates installed. This clean install is only a few weeks...