Windows 10: Child Account, but they are the administrator

Discus and support Child Account, but they are the administrator in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, Our two children just received their own laptop computers. We have set up the Microsoft family accounts, however when the laptops are set-up,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JTyler1, Jun 29, 2020.

1. JTyler1 Win User

Child Account, but they are the administrator

Hello,

Our two children just received their own laptop computers. We have set up the Microsoft family accounts, however when the laptops are set-up, they are automatically set as the administrators.

How do we go about setting up their account but as a "User" on their devices.

Part of the Microsoft offer with a yearly subscription is that each family member has their own 1TB of cloud storage. If I set-up the laptops in my name, with my account, so that I am the administrator, can they still have their own accounts?

Many thanks in advance of your reply.

Best regards

Jon

:)

JTyler1, Jun 29, 2020
  2. Jan123 Win User

Child Account Get Greyed Out

Thanks for the suggestion, but I did the following instead.

I have another laptop, 2 weeks old, with Windows 10 Home on it.

On that one, I tried the same steps with the child account, and got the exact same results.

Jan123, Jun 29, 2020
  3. Child account

I did set up a Child account, I did fallow all the steps window ask, the account say that the child is in the family, when I tried to log, give me the message "The Profile Service service Failed The Sign-in. User Profile cannot be loaded".

Answering your questions:

• Did you make any changes to the child account prior to the issue? No, I did not make any changes.
    • Since when you are facing this issue? Right from the start. I never got to login.
    • Are you able to login with other child accounts on the computer? No
    I suggest you to restart the computer once and check if you are able to login to the computer. I did, the same problem, I do not have any problem with my account or my wife.

Thank you for your help.

David.

David EDongo Sr, Jun 29, 2020
  4. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Child Account, but they are the administrator - Similar Threads - Child Account are

2. Administrator for Child Accounts?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrator for Child Accounts?: What I am trying to do is make a child account have administrator permissions, with full control of windows, but still lets the parent account monitor its activity and get notifications of logins. Is there any way I can do this within Microsoft Family Safety or is there a...
  3. Administrator for Child Accounts?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator for Child Accounts?: What I am trying to do is make a child account have administrator permissions, with full control of windows, but still lets the parent account monitor its activity and get notifications of logins. Is there any way I can do this within Microsoft Family Safety or is there a...
  4. Administrator for Child Accounts?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Changing the administrator to adult account rather than child

Changing the administrator to adult account rather than child: Hi.When I set up my new laptop, it is assuming that my son Tom Ashford is the administrator as my email is assigned to his Microsoft account. I am Leanne Ashford and I also have a Microsoft account. How do I change the administrator from my son to myself?Thank you...
  6. Changing the administrator to adult account rather than child

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing the administrator to adult account rather than child: Hi,When I set up my new laptop, it is assuming that my son is the administrator as my email is assigned to his Microsoft account. I also have a Microsoft account. How do I change the administrator from my son to myself?Thank you....
  7. Changing the administrator to adult account rather than child

Changing the administrator to adult account rather than child: Hi,When I set up my new laptop, it is assuming that my son is the administrator as my email is assigned to his Microsoft account. I also have a Microsoft account. How do I change the administrator from my son to myself?Thank you....
  8. Errors with screen time when child account is administrator

Errors with screen time when child account is administrator: This seems to be a problem, and has been for years. My children, between growing up and our mentoring, learned what they can and can't install. So we have granted them administrator rights so we don't have to put in a password every time they want to install something....
  9. How to add administrator privileges to a child account

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to add administrator privileges to a child account: Hello there, So I was wondering if there is a way to use a default account/child account and give it admin privileges. Things like installing apps without the password, or removing a file without needing the password. At the same time though keep some of the things like...
  10. Administrator involuntarily changed into child account?

Administrator involuntarily changed into child account?: What is wrong with this feature? I added a child account some time ago, and everything was alright, but I deleted it some time after. I removed it, and its data completely from the windows and made sure there was no trace of it. My account was administrator and the head of...