Windows 10: Child account cannot access Chrome after it is unblocked

Discus and support Child account cannot access Chrome after it is unblocked in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I want to set up a child account that can access Chrome. I removed Chrome from the "Always blocked" apps list. That did not work and the Child... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by reeispc3, Aug 4, 2019.

1. reeispc3 Win User

Child account cannot access Chrome after it is unblocked

I want to set up a child account that can access Chrome. I removed Chrome from the "Always blocked" apps list. That did not work and the Child account received an "Ask for permission" pop up when I tried to open Chrome. I clicked Ask by email and I approved the request from the Adult account. I restarted the Child computer and it still cannot access Chrome. How do I allow the Child account to use Chrome?

Child account cannot access Chrome after it is unblocked aad49df2-e6f1-463a-a3f5-0805b850a070?upload=true.png

Child account cannot access Chrome after it is unblocked ef508f68-1ba6-4786-9481-995f0944b78f?upload=true.png

Child account cannot access Chrome after it is unblocked 2778b5b7-50af-4be2-8bd7-10271dff197c?upload=true.png

:)

reeispc3, Aug 4, 2019
  2. reeispc3 Win User

I want to set up a child account that can access Chrome. I removed Chrome from the "Always blocked" apps list. That did not work and the Child account received an "Ask for permission" pop up when I tried to open Chrome. I clicked Ask by email and I approved
    the request from the Adult account. I restarted the Child computer and it still cannot access Chrome. How do I allow the Child account to use Chrome?

Child account cannot access Chrome after it is unblocked [​IMG]

Child account cannot access Chrome after it is unblocked ef508f68-1ba6-4786-9481-995f0944b78f?upload=true.png

Child account cannot access Chrome after it is unblocked 2778b5b7-50af-4be2-8bd7-10271dff197c?upload=true.png

reeispc3, Sep 29, 2019
  3. CoolGuy50 Win User
    Google Chrome blocked cannot unblock

Whenever I try to open Google Chrome it says Microsoft family features, ask permission. Even though chrome has been unblocked on the parent account it still wont unblock for the child account. does anyone know why it is not unblocking and why Microsoft
    family features is not working?

CoolGuy50, Sep 29, 2019
  4. Child account cannot access Chrome after it is unblocked

Block Google Chrome for Child

I have 5 kids to setup content restrictions for. Though I love that Microsoft gives the power to have the safety features it does, the process is RIDICULOUS if you are doing it for more than 1 child!!!

I attempted to setup my 3 younger kids to only have access to a couple of specific websites, but no other sites. During that process I removed Google Chrome from the blocked apps list. What I did not know was that I had to use Microsoft Edge (one of the
    worst browsers ever) to use the feature that only allows certain sites. So now Google Chrome is no longer a blocked app, but yet the site has no way to just add it back.

I looked up how to block an app and was SHOCKED by the official info from Microsoft. See Below. Basically your kid has to use an app before you can add it to the blocked list. Doesn't that defy the purpose of having safety features for a child?

Besides... I used my child's account and opened Chrome, yet it still DID NOT show up in their activity list in order to block it. NOW WHAT?

FROM MICROSOFT

Blocking specific apps is possible with the Microsoft Account's Family Safety Feature. To block a specific application on your child's account, it is a requirement that the app must be used by your child, so that it will appear in under the Recent Activity
    list. For your child's security, you can log in as the child and launch the app to satisfy this requirement.

Follow these steps to successfully block specific applications:

1. Visit the Microsoft Family website and then sign in your Microsoft Account.
    2. Click the account of the child that you want to block from using an app.
    3. Select Recent Activity.
    4. Click to ensure that Activity Reporting is turned on.
    5. Scroll down and look for Apps & Games.
    6. Choose the apps that you want to block on your child's account.
    7. Click Block to block usage of the app.

msquaredonline, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Child account cannot access Chrome after it is unblocked - Similar Threads - Child account cannot

2. Cannot access a program on child account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot access a program on child account: Hello,I have installed a program on my child's account, but I can only access it from the main account on the computer. How do make it so my child can access the intalled program?...
  3. Cannot access a program on child account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot access a program on child account: Hello,I have installed a program on my child's account, but I can only access it from the main account on the computer. How do make it so my child can access the intalled program?...
  4. Microsoft safe family - unblock the account on my child's laptop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft safe family - unblock the account on my child's laptop: HiI've removed my child's acccount from the Family group. The problem is that when we login the child's laptop, we still get MS family control blocking eg...I added the account back to the family group, and it's still blocked. Any suggestions?Regards...
  5. apps access to child account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    apps access to child account: hi, i am having MS application installed on my PC eg. outlook, 365, teams. Now i have created a child account for my son. How can i give him access of teams, 365 without reinstalling for his specific user Thanks...
  6. Child access to Google Chrome

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Child access to Google Chrome: Time limits for google chrome have been turned off for my child, however he is still being closed out of Google Chrome and prompted to ask me for more time. I am not seeing an option for unlimited time other than the one that is currently checked. I am only seeing limited...
  7. Child account cannot access youtube

in Windows 10 Customization
    Child account cannot access youtube: I manage my son's Microsoft child account. He cannot access youtube.com it just diverts automatically to kids.youtube which is not sufficient for his school work. I don't have any restrictions set and can't find a solution for this written in the last 5 years. Thanks Paul...
  8. Child Account Access

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Child Account Access: I created an account on a new laptop for my child, but as soon as I completed the process, it said the password was incorrect. I tried multiple versions of what I used, but nothing worked. I cannot get into the account. The account is listed under my account in family, but...
  9. Cannot run Google Chrome on Child account, needs permission.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot run Google Chrome on Child account, needs permission.: I just got a PC and I downloaded google chrome and it says to ask for permission but it doesn't send an email. I tried doing it manually but there is no settings for my Microsoft account to allow google chrome. I tried changing my families, I tried viewing my devices...
  10. Cannot run Google Chrome on Child account, needs permission.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot run Google Chrome on Child account, needs permission.: I just got a PC and I downloaded google chrome and it says to ask for permission but it doesn't send an email. I tried doing it manually but there is no settings for my Microsoft account to allow google chrome. I tried changing my families, I tried viewing my devices...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot access chrome childs account windows

2. cannot open chrome as child family account microsoft

3. child cannot access chrome

4. family features chrome not unblocking when unblocked