Windows 10: Child account cannot access youtube

Discus and support Child account cannot access youtube in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I manage my son's Microsoft child account. He cannot access youtube.com it just diverts automatically to kids.youtube which is not sufficient for his... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PaulStevensValuer, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Child account cannot access youtube

I manage my son's Microsoft child account. He cannot access youtube.com it just diverts automatically to kids.youtube which is not sufficient for his school work.

I don't have any restrictions set and can't find a solution for this written in the last 5 years.

Thanks

Paul

:)

PaulStevensValuer, Apr 3, 2020
  2. ktp_bug Win User

Child account cannot access google and youtube

I have this same issue. My son's web browsing is slower because of the family safety, and he cannot access YouTube or Facebook. I went through the recommended steps, and only one thing improved. (Previously, he couldn't do Google searches, either, but now
    he can.) I am certain it's the Family Safety, because on the same computer, logged into my account, I have no problem accessing Facebook or YouTube. I've even added those sites on his list of "allowed" websites, and it still doesn't work.

I even took it a step further to test it, and I removed all web browser blocking, just to see if that fixed it. It didn't.

This wasn't a problem with Family Safety on Windows 7.

ktp_bug, Apr 3, 2020
  3. S. Choi Win User
    Child account cannot access google and youtube

My son's child account suddenly could not access Google or YouTube sites before upgrading to Windows 10 (from Windows 8.1).

We noticed that MS has been working on improving something for Family Safety Features.

Hoping for improved features, we upgraded OS to Windows 10 and we found my son's account still cannot access Google or YouTube sites.

We tried on MS Edge, Google Chrome, and FireFox. None of them worked for Google and YouTube.

Funny thing was Bing.com and Msn. com were accessible and Yahoo was not accessible.

Is funny thing going on inside MS?

S. Choi, Apr 3, 2020
  4. Jan123 Win User

Child account cannot access youtube

Child Account Get Greyed Out

Thanks for the suggestion, but I did the following instead.

I have another laptop, 2 weeks old, with Windows 10 Home on it.

On that one, I tried the same steps with the child account, and got the exact same results.

Jan123, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

Child account cannot access youtube

1. Child account cannot access youtube - Similar Threads - Child account cannot

2. Child Microsoft account access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Child Microsoft account access: Trying to sign in my child into their Microsoft account for both OneDrive and Minecraft I get a pop up adding for my details, it accepts them, then asks for child permissions and after giving I get the following message and frozen windowTraceld: pdVxnp7+C05/VuHu 25.285 Any...
  3. Child Microsoft account access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Child Microsoft account access: Trying to sign in my child into their Microsoft account for both OneDrive and Minecraft I get a pop up adding for my details, it accepts them, then asks for child permissions and after giving I get the following message and frozen windowTraceld: pdVxnp7+C05/VuHu 25.285 Any...
  4. Cannot access a program on child account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot access a program on child account: Hello,I have installed a program on my child's account, but I can only access it from the main account on the computer. How do make it so my child can access the intalled program?...
  5. Cannot access a program on child account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot access a program on child account: Hello,I have installed a program on my child's account, but I can only access it from the main account on the computer. How do make it so my child can access the intalled program?...
  6. Can't access child's account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't access child's account: I have set up a child's account on one of my laptops; Under my Microsoft account I am the Family Manager and I also have Administrator rights; My son used this to do some work; He has forgotten his password and can not sign in or access his data; He can't remember his...
  7. apps access to child account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    apps access to child account: hi, i am having MS application installed on my PC eg. outlook, 365, teams. Now i have created a child account for my son. How can i give him access of teams, 365 without reinstalling for his specific user Thanks...
  8. Child Account Access

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Child Account Access: I created an account on a new laptop for my child, but as soon as I completed the process, it said the password was incorrect. I tried multiple versions of what I used, but nothing worked. I cannot get into the account. The account is listed under my account in family, but...
  9. Child account cannot access Chrome after it is unblocked

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Child account cannot access Chrome after it is unblocked: I want to set up a child account that can access Chrome. I removed Chrome from the "Always blocked" apps list. That did not work and the Child account received an "Ask for permission" pop up when I tried to open Chrome. I clicked Ask by email and I approved the request...
  10. Cannot access youtube

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot access youtube: This question might be very boring, but i need help. Last night Im still can access youtube from any browser, chrome and egde. But after turn on my laptop this morning I cant access youtube. It said This site can’t be reached www.youtube.com took too long to respond....