Windows 10: Child account can't play game I purchased

Discus and support Child account can't play game I purchased in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am setting up a notebook for my daughter that is running Windows 10 home. I bought Minecraft, and then created a child account for my daughter. She... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by BradVermeulen, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Child account can't play game I purchased

I am setting up a notebook for my daughter that is running Windows 10 home.

I bought Minecraft, and then created a child account for my daughter.

She can't see Minecraft when she logs in to the tablet.

How can I set it up for her to play it?

I didn't buy it for me to play. Just for her to play.

:)

BradVermeulen, Dec 19, 2018

2. Purchasing Minecraft Windows 10 for child's laptop

Hi,

There are several ways for you to purchase the game so your daughter can play it on her account. With your permission, you can change the account settings online and allow purchases on your child's account. Allow purchases on a child account, you may follow
    the steps below:

Microsoft Family Page
    • Look for the Child account email address and click on
      More Options
    • Select Spending and click Change content restrictions to change the settings.
    • Once the settings are changed, you can purchase the game using your child's account and download it on her computer.

Note Make sure that the
    Xbox Live Service status
    is up and running before purchasing or managing the Xbox Live accounts online.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reply to this post anytime.

Loraine Mon, Dec 19, 2018
  3. can't seem to be able to share a purchased game (minecraft) with my grandson on his child account in windows 10

Hi , I've just purchase minecraft on my admin account then logged out and back in to the child's account, I can not find the game listed so he can play. I've been trying to set up access to the game for my child and it seems they want me to purchase the
    game again for him, once for me and once for my child. could you please tell me where I can find directions it seems that I am not the only person with this problem but I can't find a solution.

subpoenaman, Dec 19, 2018
  4. Child account can't play game I purchased

Better management of "child accounts" needed for purchases

Both myself and my daughter have Windows Phones, however I have set her account up as a child account. Normally I have the setting for "Purchases" disabled, however the process to buy apps on her account when needed is incredibly tedious.

1. Sign in as child on the zune.net website

2. Enable Purchases

3. Sign in as Parent to authorise the change

4. Wait *ages* for the change to take effect

5. Go back to the app store and buy the app (or wait if the change isn't in effect yet)

6. Once installed, repeat steps 1-4 to disable purchases again

7. Hope in the meantime your child hasn't taken the opportunity to buy lots of other stuff as well Child account can't play game I purchased :)

It would be really great if a different system could be implemented. How about:

• Child tries to buy the app, a notification goes to the parent to "approve" the purchase, or;
    • The parent is able to manage child accounts directly under their own zune.net account and can buy "on behalf of...". or;
    • When the child tries to buy an app, it just prompts at that time for the parent to login to "sign for" and approve the purchase
    I love the option to have and manage child accounts and the family security settings, but this particular process is really painful.

Regards,

Scott.

Scott_Williams, Dec 19, 2018
Thema:

Child account can't play game I purchased

1. Child account can't play game I purchased - Similar Threads - Child account can't

2. Minecraft parent purchase for child accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft parent purchase for child accounts: Hi,I've purchased Minecraft Deluxe bundle for my kids to use. I can install it on their accounts using Microsoft Store, but as Minecraft now requires Minecraft Launcher to launch the game previously it was a separate app you started; Minecraft Java Edition it is no longer...
  3. Minecraft parent purchase for child accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft parent purchase for child accounts: Hi,I've purchased Minecraft Deluxe bundle for my kids to use. I can install it on their accounts using Microsoft Store, but as Minecraft now requires Minecraft Launcher to launch the game previously it was a separate app you started; Minecraft Java Edition it is no longer...
  4. Purchased game not available in store for child account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Purchased game not available in store for child account: I purchased a game while logged in under my child account. In the library the game is not listed. When searching for the game, it says purchased. But if I go to the game, there is no option to install or open....
  5. Purchased game not available in store for child account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Purchased game not available in store for child account: I purchased a game while logged in under my child account. In the library the game is not listed. When searching for the game, it says purchased. But if I go to the game, there is no option to install or open....
  6. Purchased game not available in store for child account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Can I purchase two copies of a game on the same account or share a game with my child?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I purchase two copies of a game on the same account or share a game with my child?: I want to play Astroneer in multiplayer with my 8 year old. I have a Play Anywhere copy of the game. I don't mind buying an extra copy, buy my child is too young for a MS account and I don't want to have to create a "dummy" account just to buy another copy. So can I buy...
  8. Child account making purchases on my store account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Child account making purchases on my store account: I have a win10 machine with my account as admin and my daughter's account allowed to log in as a standard user. Because I have GamePass Ultimate and I have bought a couple of games, I've set the microsoft store account on her login to use my login. That all works fine and...
  9. Minecraft Parent purchase for child accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Parent purchase for child accounts: Hello, If I purchase Minecraft, can my lined children accounts access the game from their devices? Any links that can explain teh process will be helpful. Thanks, Anand...
  10. Installing approved game purchase on childs PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing approved game purchase on childs PC: I have purchased and approved the install of minecraft for my childs laptop. How do I install it on my childs laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-approved-game-purchase-on-childs-pc/d4f406c0-6361-40ec-8617-4384a7b18679