Windows 10: Child account has to log off and on after requesting time

Discus and support Child account has to log off and on after requesting time in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My son has a child account under mine that he uses across multiple windows devices in our house. Like most child accounts a he has to request time from... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by MattBuonadonna, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Child account has to log off and on after requesting time

My son has a child account under mine that he uses across multiple windows devices in our house. Like most child accounts a he has to request time from me before using any of those devices. The request, time allowance, notification and authorization process all work as expected except for soon after he logs in. After a few minutes he gets automatically logged out and shortly after that the PC shuts down. Even if he logs back in immediately after being logged out, the PC will still shut down.

The workaround has been for him to request time, after he receives his time he immediately restarts the PC and then logs back in after the restart. What makes this issue so unusual is that he has to do this workaround for EVERY windows device, not just his PC.

This problem has persisted for a very long time (years) and we cannot find a solution to it. I also have a 2nd child account for my older son and he never experienced this issue.

Things i have tried that did not fix the issue:

* Resetting windows on his PC

* Removing him as a child and adding him back in

* Using different PC's

* Completely Formatting his PC drive and reinstalling windows

Any advice or possible solutions would be greatly appreciated.

-Matt

:)

MattBuonadonna, Jul 9, 2019

2. Child unable to submit request for additional time

I have two child accounts setup under my family. Both were working fine until recently. I have both accounts setup so that they must send a request to me for time before they are allowed to log in. This way I know their homework and chores are completed.

One child account is able to submit the request for time. The 2nd child account gets an error every time stating "Something went wrong. We were unable to send your request. Are you connected to the Internet?" He is connected to the internet.

We have tried the following:

• Rebooting several times
    • Logging into his Microsoft account to ensure its verified and that he is assigned to the correct device
    • Opening up the time limits so that he can log in for an hour daily

He still gets the message when he attempts to send a request. I don't understand why his account is getting this, but the other child account is working perfectly fine.

Please advise how I can correct this issue.

stabgotham, Jul 9, 2019
  3. Romel Ram Win User
    Can’t log into child account

Hi Sheila,

It is possible that you're trying to login the child account using the parent device or computer. To properly isolate this issue, we'd like to ask some questions:

• Are you trying to log into the child account using the child's device or computer?
    • Have you tried removing the child account from the family account and add it again?
    • Have you tried logging in the child account to other computer to check if the credentials are correct?

We hope to hear from you soon.

Romel Ram, Jul 9, 2019
  4. Child account has to log off and on after requesting time

Child account

I did set up a Child account, I did fallow all the steps window ask, the account say that the child is in the family, when I tried to log, give me the message "The Profile Service service Failed The Sign-in. User Profile cannot be loaded".

Answering your questions:

• Did you make any changes to the child account prior to the issue? No, I did not make any changes.
    • Since when you are facing this issue? Right from the start. I never got to login.
    • Are you able to login with other child accounts on the computer? No
    I suggest you to restart the computer once and check if you are able to login to the computer. I did, the same problem, I do not have any problem with my account or my wife.

Thank you for your help.

David.

David EDongo Sr, Jul 9, 2019
Thema:

Child account has to log off and on after requesting time

1. Child account has to log off and on after requesting time - Similar Threads - Child account has

2. Resetting child account log in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resetting child account log in: I am trying to reset my childs Microsoft account password because they tried to guess the password too many times and it is locked. I have the backup email and have gone through the reset process but apparently I am not putting the right info to reset it and I can find no...
  3. Resetting child account log in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Resetting child account log in: I am trying to reset my childs Microsoft account password because they tried to guess the password too many times and it is locked. I have the backup email and have gone through the reset process but apparently I am not putting the right info to reset it and I can find no...
  4. Resetting child account log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Child screen time request EMAILS

Child screen time request EMAILS: Please create an option to allow parents to turn off EMAIL notifications of a child’s request for more screen time. We prefer to use the website or the Xbox family app to grant requests. Having to delete these emails in both of our accounts creates sn extra task when parents...
  6. My child account cannot be logged in the log in screen and cannot request for time

My child account cannot be logged in the log in screen and cannot request for time: My microsoft family account is having issues because it is unable to be revised or requested for time as my child cannot login to her account because when she requests for more time it will say oops something went wrong. Please make sure you are connected to the internet when...
  7. Child account has screen time but the child can't login

Child account has screen time but the child can't login: I've had this problem for about a year now. I go into device limits and give him 4 hours to use. He tries repeatedly to log in and when he can't he starts sending me requests. If I give him time through the requests it doesn't give me an option to add 4 hours. His brother...
  8. Child time limits - how to request more time in advance

Child time limits - how to request more time in advance: Hi there, im using time limits for my sons windows 10 machine and it works fine. He has one hour a day and when it runs out he is able to request more time as he needs it. The problem i am having is how he can ask for more time in advance? so whats happening is this:...
  9. Child account not appearing to log into

Child account not appearing to log into: Hi, I've successfully added my children using the "Family" options, however they are not appearing on the log-on screen, so they cant log in. I think this is complicated by the fact that I reinstalled Windows 10, and I notice that the childrens accounts are associated...
  10. Time allotments for child request more screen time

Time allotments for child request more screen time: Is there a way to customize the time allotments when a child is requesting more screen time? I don't understand the logic behind the offering: 15 minutes ( what is the purpose of 15 minutes?) 30 minutes 1 hour 2 hours Can't we get more than 2 but less than 8 ? This...