Windows 10: Child account - how do i block youtube.com but allow videos to be played on google classroom?

Discus and support Child account - how do i block youtube.com but allow videos to be played on google classroom? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; This is a real pain - I can block youtube.com but then my kid can't access learning lessons videos within google classroom, even though that link is... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by dalidrama55, May 6, 2020.

1. Child account - how do i block youtube.com but allow videos to be played on google classroom?

This is a real pain - I can block youtube.com but then my kid can't access learning lessons videos within google classroom, even though that link is drive.google.com. Is there a way to ban "youtube.com" and only "youtube.com?" so any variation of that url will work?

:)

dalidrama55, May 6, 2020
  2. stevenh76 Win User

Blocking google images on child account

How can I block google images from my child's account? I added it to the "block" list and was able to go to reinstall it on my child's account without parental permission

stevenh76, May 6, 2020
  3. Tonyfun Win User
    Microsoft Family blocking google, youtube, facebook, yahoo for child accounts

This simply does not work as it should..... I also have 2 adults & 2 children set up with MS family safety on windows 10 PC's.

Adults can access all websites fine... Kids cannot access youtube / google ect...

I want my children to access youtube & google as I am confident that I have good ISP blocking as well as we talk to our children to understand the dangers of the internet ect... My children use google all the time for home work researching.

My point is this.... EVEN WHEN I TURN OFF FILTERING for my kids accounts it continues to block these websites. Even if I add them to the white list it blocks these sites...Whats the point of a white list if it still does not let your kids have access to
    it.

This happens no matter what browser I use (Chrome / IE / Firefox).

As a parent I should be able to decide what is available to my kids using the whitelist but this simply does not work as I stated at start of thread.

All this means now is that like me many other parents will have to take there childrens account off there family list and setup individually meaning no more control over time limits / all the other bad websites other than google / youtube are available to
    them ect ect...

Key points:

1. Whitelist that doesn't allow you to whitelist Google / Youtube

2. Turning off Web filtering still restricts your childs account

3. Parents having to remove child accounts to enable access to youtube & Google (Probably the most common websites in the world)

Microsofts Family Safety is a great concept to intergrate into your account, it just needs to be further tweaked to enable parents to actually have the power to control there activities rather than Microsoft white blanketing everything for everyone.

Tonyfun, May 6, 2020
  4. Child account - how do i block youtube.com but allow videos to be played on google classroom?

Microsoft Family blocking google, youtube, facebook, yahoo for child accounts

So they have been working on it for 7 months and havn't figured out how to respect parent's whitelists?

I HAVE setup Family Accounts, and added google and youtube in many permutations to the whitelist. And they are still blocked for child accounts.

It JUST so HAPPENS that bing and bing videos are working fine, but google and youtube are not? Gee, I wonder if Microsoft is trying to indoctrinate the next generation into using their products by blocking competitors. I mean, they have literally been
    sued and lost for doing EXACTLY the same thing previously.

CorporateGoth, May 6, 2020
Thema:

Child account - how do i block youtube.com but allow videos to be played on google classroom?

1. Child account - how do i block youtube.com but allow videos to be played on google classroom? - Similar Threads - Child account block

2. YouTube Videos are not Playing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    YouTube Videos are not Playing: [ATTACH] See the white space instead video. that's my problem guys. Yesterday Everything was fine but toady when I tried to play any video on YouTube this was happening also comment section doesn't get loaded. and its just happening with YouTube only, other video websites...
  3. How do I block YouTube from my child in Microsoft Family?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I block YouTube from my child in Microsoft Family?: There is no option under Apps, Content Restrictions, or anywhere that I see. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-block-youtube-from-my-child-in-microsoft/57f2caf2-1fbe-4ff0-8a5c-f95d434790ac
  4. how do you allow adult youtube videos

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do you allow adult youtube videos: my computer does not allow permission to youtube vids. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-allow-adult-youtube-videos/57703114-99f2-47e1-8e14-59fc179f2b4c
  5. Allowing single youtube playlist allows all youtube searching and playing

Allowing single youtube playlist allows all youtube searching and playing: I have Family Safety setup for my children and configured for whitelisting urls only. I have set up a YouTube playlist for my children on my youtube account and added the link in their Content Restrictions > Web browsing > Always Allowed websites. I have found that from...
  6. When I allow one youtube video in content restrictions, it then allows all youtube videos...

When I allow one youtube video in content restrictions, it then allows all youtube videos...: I am trying to allow my child to watch a youtube video that he needs to watch for his online school classes. I put only that one video into allowed online content but the problem is that after he watches the video, all of the suggested videos are then enabled even though...
  7. Links from Allowed websites are blocked for Child account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Links from Allowed websites are blocked for Child account: Hello, I have setup accounts for both of my girls. I also added a few websites that I only want them to visit. When my daughter goes to the website it is accessible except for any of the links inside the website page. If she clicks on a link within the main website she...
  8. Block Google Chrome for Child

Block Google Chrome for Child: I have 5 kids to setup content restrictions for. Though I love that Microsoft gives the power to have the safety features it does, the process is RIDICULOUS if you are doing it for more than 1 child!!! I attempted to setup my 3 younger kids to only have access to a couple...
  9. YouTube videos do not play in Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    YouTube videos do not play in Chrome: Hello Everybody! Today I wanted to watch some YouTube videos but the videos never played. If I press the Play button it doesn't play but I can drag the slider around. It has been happening for a few days and it's getting really annoying! Sometimes videos will play and...
  10. Allow or Block Sites to Play Sound in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Allow or Block Sites to Play Sound in Google Chrome: How to: Allow or Block Sites to Play Sound in Google Chrome How to Allow or Block Sites to Play Sound in Google Chrome in Windows While browsing websites in Google Chrome, it can be annoying when a site automatically plays sound. While you can manually mute and...