Windows 10: Child account keeps asking for parent permission even after I responded to the email

Discus and support Child account keeps asking for parent permission even after I responded to the email in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My son gets the warning that he needs to ask permission to access site xyz.whatever, yet when I respond to the email to ALLOW, the warning persists on... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by b. kiko, May 18, 2021.

1. b. kiko Win User

Child account keeps asking for parent permission even after I responded to the email

My son gets the warning that he needs to ask permission to access site xyz.whatever, yet when I respond to the email to ALLOW, the warning persists on his computer. I've tried clearing cache etc. Please help.

:)

b. kiko, May 18, 2021

2. Child account keeps asking for parent permission

We are not able to access to my sons Microsoft account.

Every time we do, it asks for parental permission. I go through the steps, I give all the permission, then it does it again, and again, and eventually, it will just give below error.

If I try again, the same thing happens.

I have tried this on multiple computers and multiple browsers, same issue.

Removing him from my family doesn't help.

There seems to be some inherent problem with Microsoft child accounts, as I have created 10+ different accounts for him, and end up having the same issue every time.

Microsoft support are no help at all, we just go round and round in circles repeating the same steps indefinitely, while they refuse to read previous replies or accept that we have already done it 20 times before. Thus why I have had 10+ different accounts.

does anyone have any idea how to solve this?

Something's not working

It's us, not you.

TraceId: Kap2c1bzCUOqEHux.27.42.27

Russ Michaels, May 18, 2021
  3. Child account keeps asking for parent permission

my children's accounts have been added as children, mine and my wife's accounts are the adults.

The adult accounts manage the child accounts, set permissions, restrictions etc, you need an adult account to do this.

4. Child account keeps asking for parent permission even after I responded to the email

Child account keeps asking for parent permission

This finally resolved now. I spoke to someone in Microsoft billing, and they did something so that it allowed to choose my existing card instead of forcing me to enter a new one, so Iw as able to get past the step.

Now I just need to figure out why my own account and my wife's account also keeps telling us we need to get help from a parent to authorise ourselves and supposedly fix a problem with our account.

Any ideas?

Thema:

Child account keeps asking for parent permission even after I responded to the email

1. Child account keeps asking for parent permission even after I responded to the email - Similar Threads - Child account keeps

2. Minecraft launcher keeps asking for parental permission after already providing it

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Minecraft launcher keeps asking for parental permission after already providing it: I wanted to allow my son to play multiplayer for which it seems he needed to be added to my Microsoft Family account. After I did that, Minecraft keeps asking to "email for permission" in order to be launched. I've provided that permission numerous times, but it still asks...
  3. Minecraft launcher keeps asking for parental permission after already providing it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft launcher keeps asking for parental permission after already providing it: I wanted to allow my son to play multiplayer for which it seems he needed to be added to my Microsoft Family account. After I did that, Minecraft keeps asking to "email for permission" in order to be launched. I've provided that permission numerous times, but it still asks...
  4. Minecraft launcher keeps asking for parental permission after already providing it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Edit the parent consent email in my child's microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edit the parent consent email in my child's microsoft account: Hello. The parent consent email in my child's Microsoft account is spelled incorrectly ie *** Email address is removed for privacy *** - 2 "L"'s. When they need consent to purchase or install something, the request goes nowhere. Short of deleting their entire account is there...
  6. Edit the parent consent email in my child's microsoft account

Edit the parent consent email in my child's microsoft account: Hello. The parent consent email in my child's Microsoft account is spelled incorrectly ie *** Email address is removed for privacy *** - 2 "L"'s. When they need consent to purchase or install something, the request goes nowhere. Short of deleting their entire account is there...
  7. My child's account asks for parental permission, I login with my account as instructed and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My child's account asks for parental permission, I login with my account as instructed and...: For months now my child and I have been using Windows 11 on separate laptops. Every time my child logs in she is prompted to sign in to her Microsoft account. She does so and it says 'Parent or guardian consent is required for this account'. So I click 'I'm a parent or...
  8. My child's account asks for parental permission, I login with my account as instructed and...

My child's account asks for parental permission, I login with my account as instructed and...: For months now my child and I have been using Windows 11 on separate laptops. Every time my child logs in she is prompted to sign in to her Microsoft account. She does so and it says 'Parent or guardian consent is required for this account'. So I click 'I'm a parent or...
  9. Asking for parental permission...?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Asking for parental permission...?: I tried to open Firefox this morning, and was greeted with a tab telling me to ask for permission from an adult in my family. Not only am I 18 and NOT in a Microsoft family, this wasn’t happening even yesterday. I have no idea how to fix this, and any help online I’ve has not...
  10. Chrome keeps asking for parent permission to add on time?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Chrome keeps asking for parent permission to add on time?: After installing an update and shutting down my computer for the night, I woke up next morning to find that Chrome was telling me to ask an adult for permission to add time to use it. I am a teenager with my dad who controls the family features, but the day before and as long...