Windows 10: Child account no internet access: ******** File not Found!******** err

Discus and support Child account no internet access: ******** File not Found!******** err in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After the Windows 10 upgrade, my account has no problem accessing the internet. My child's account on the same computer, however cannot access the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Socalwarior, Sep 20, 2015.

1. Child account no internet access: ******** File not Found!******** err

After the Windows 10 upgrade, my account has no problem accessing the internet. My child's account on the same computer, however cannot access the internet in IE or Chrome (which is what she uses). I tried everything I could think of, and finally resorted to creating her a new (adult) account on the PC which she is using for the past few weeks. I would like to limit her screen time, but still allow her internet access. I have no idea why my user would have access, but not hers. When attempting to access any page, we just receive a *********** File not found! ********* message.

I am really hating Windows 10 because of this major inconvenience.
    Any suggestions?

:)

Socalwarior, Sep 20, 2015
  2. koyaRoyel Win User

Family (Child) account cannot connect to the internet.

I have the same exact issue. I have 2 child accounts and none of my child account can access some internet at the moment.

I removed one of them as my child, and guess what - she is able to browse the internet again.

I do notice that IPv6 websites most of the time cannot be accessed by the problem child account.

koyaRoyel, Sep 20, 2015
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Child account no internet access

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to reconfigure the family safety again and check if it helps.

Refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/family

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Sep 20, 2015
  4. Cynthia Win User

Child account no internet access: ******** File not Found!******** err

Same thing is happening on the account I just set up for my daughter.

Cynthia, Sep 24, 2015
  5. JOS
    jos Win User
    Running W10-pro or W10-home?
    I discovered having both version in my home network that W10-home is behaving more relaxed and like W7 in network environment.
    W10-pro is often looking for connections that are there but are not shown and you are told by W10 that it cannot find it.

6. We are running W10 Home. Upgraded from W8 a few weeks ago.

Strange thing is my other child's account has internet access. It's only one of them that it seems to be blocking internet access. This is crazy.

Socalwarior, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Child account no internet access: ******** File not Found!******** err

1. Child account no internet access: ******** File not Found!******** err - Similar Threads - Child account internet

2. Child Microsoft account access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Child Microsoft account access: Trying to sign in my child into their Microsoft account for both OneDrive and Minecraft I get a pop up adding for my details, it accepts them, then asks for child permissions and after giving I get the following message and frozen windowTraceld: pdVxnp7+C05/VuHu 25.285 Any...
  3. Child Microsoft account access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Child Microsoft account access: Trying to sign in my child into their Microsoft account for both OneDrive and Minecraft I get a pop up adding for my details, it accepts them, then asks for child permissions and after giving I get the following message and frozen windowTraceld: pdVxnp7+C05/VuHu 25.285 Any...
  4. Cannot access a program on child account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot access a program on child account: Hello,I have installed a program on my child's account, but I can only access it from the main account on the computer. How do make it so my child can access the intalled program?...
  5. Cannot access a program on child account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot access a program on child account: Hello,I have installed a program on my child's account, but I can only access it from the main account on the computer. How do make it so my child can access the intalled program?...
  6. Can't access child's account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't access child's account: I have set up a child's account on one of my laptops; Under my Microsoft account I am the Family Manager and I also have Administrator rights; My son used this to do some work; He has forgotten his password and can not sign in or access his data; He can't remember his...
  7. apps access to child account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    apps access to child account: hi, i am having MS application installed on my PC eg. outlook, 365, teams. Now i have created a child account for my son. How can i give him access of teams, 365 without reinstalling for his specific user Thanks...
  8. Child account cannot access youtube

in Windows 10 Customization
    Child account cannot access youtube: I manage my son's Microsoft child account. He cannot access youtube.com it just diverts automatically to kids.youtube which is not sufficient for his school work. I don't have any restrictions set and can't find a solution for this written in the last 5 years. Thanks Paul...
  9. Child Account Access

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Child Account Access: I created an account on a new laptop for my child, but as soon as I completed the process, it said the password was incorrect. I tried multiple versions of what I used, but nothing worked. I cannot get into the account. The account is listed under my account in family, but...
  10. Create guest or child account without internet access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Create guest or child account without internet access: Hello, How can I create a guest or child account in Win 10 that does not have any internet access? Thanks, Nevermore1234 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-guest-or-child-account-without-internet/7243dffa-febc-40c9-b978-6c5c0f83591f