Windows 10: Child account no longer updates times, and can't get permissions online

Discus and support Child account no longer updates times, and can't get permissions online in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have a child on my family account. I have previously set time limits for his computer. As of last week, my child's account fails to ask permission... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by mousomer, Sep 26, 2020.

1. mousomer Win User

Child account no longer updates times, and can't get permissions online

I have a child on my family account. I have previously set time limits for his computer. As of last week, my child's account fails to ask permission for logging. I tried updating the screen time limits, and it doesn't register on his computer anymore. I even tried removing all screen time limits and disable reporting, but to no avail. On his computer, he is still being asked for permission to log in, and on asking for permission, he gets a message "something went wrong, make sure that you are connected to the internet".

His computer is connected by LAN and is working properly. I can login and work on my account on his computer. I can log him in to his account by using my MS password on his computer. But I can no longer change screen time hours through the MS family account site, and cannot get his connection requests from afar. Limiting screen-time hours and allowing login by request - it all worked fine until a few days ago.

I tried to make his account administrator, and it didn't help.

Please advise.

:)

mousomer, Sep 26, 2020
  2. Jan123 Win User

Child Account Get Greyed Out

Thanks for the suggestion, but I did the following instead.

I have another laptop, 2 weeks old, with Windows 10 Home on it.

On that one, I tried the same steps with the child account, and got the exact same results.

Jan123, Sep 26, 2020
  3. Child account

I did set up a Child account, I did fallow all the steps window ask, the account say that the child is in the family, when I tried to log, give me the message "The Profile Service service Failed The Sign-in. User Profile cannot be loaded".

Answering your questions:

• Did you make any changes to the child account prior to the issue? No, I did not make any changes.
    • Since when you are facing this issue? Right from the start. I never got to login.
    • Are you able to login with other child accounts on the computer? No
    I suggest you to restart the computer once and check if you are able to login to the computer. I did, the same problem, I do not have any problem with my account or my wife.

Thank you for your help.

David.

David EDongo Sr, Sep 26, 2020
  4. Child account no longer updates times, and can't get permissions online

Screen time of a child account switches off

Hi,

I realize that the screen time of a child account switches off in Windows. We will help you.

• Are you facing this issue after any recent update installed?

I suggest you to remove all the child accounts first and
    re-add them and check
    if it helps resolving the issue.

Refer: Set up family features

I also suggest you to delete the Child account and create a new and re-add the account in Family.

Refer: Add a child account to your family

If you're having problems with your Microsoft account, you can try running the
    Microsoft Accounts troubleshooter

It's an automated tool that can find and automatically fix some problems. It's only available in English, but will work in all languages.

Please post to us if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 26, 2020
Thema:

Child account no longer updates times, and can't get permissions online

1. Child account no longer updates times, and can't get permissions online - Similar Threads - Child account longer

2. Can't add child account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't add child account: Hi,I am trying to add another child account to my computer but it doesn't let me. If I go through inviting his outlook account "add a family member" in settings it sends the invite I then accept it but he is not listed in the accounts.I think somehow I have got it confused as...
  3. No longer able to manage child account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No longer able to manage child account: Dear Family SafetyI had two accounts set up that are now consolidated into one. Apparently, I registered one family to manage an older kiddo under one of the accounts and another family to manage the younger one, nine years younger. As a result of the recent changes, I can...
  4. No longer able to manage child account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No longer able to manage child account: Dear Family SafetyI had two accounts set up that are now consolidated into one. Apparently, I registered one family to manage an older kiddo under one of the accounts and another family to manage the younger one, nine years younger. As a result of the recent changes, I can...
  5. Manage permissions for child account shows no options

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Manage permissions for child account shows no options: In an effort to be allowed to change the date of birth on my now well over a decade old account, I have been forced to create a new account and add the old one to a family group with the new one acting as a parent account. I'm supposedly able to change the age on my original...
  6. Manage permissions for child account shows no options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Manage permissions for child account shows no options: In an effort to be allowed to change the date of birth on my now well over a decade old account, I have been forced to create a new account and add the old one to a family group with the new one acting as a parent account. I'm supposedly able to change the age on my original...
  7. Manage permissions for child account shows no options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Can't remove child account

Can't remove child account: Back when I first setup my 'family' with my kids accounts I accidentally put in my daughter's email address incorrectly. However, this account still showed up in my family list, just with the wrong email. Now when I try to remove the account it says I need to, "Select Manage...
  9. Child account has screen time but the child can't login

Child account has screen time but the child can't login: I've had this problem for about a year now. I go into device limits and give him 4 hours to use. He tries repeatedly to log in and when he can't he starts sending me requests. If I give him time through the requests it doesn't give me an option to add 4 hours. His brother...
  10. Set Time in Child Account

Set Time in Child Account: Hi all, I've set my son's account up so that he needs me to grant him screen time on the specific device every time he wants to go online - i.e. the Time Limit of his Screen Time settings is set to 'Blocked'. Most of the time this works fine for us but there are...