Windows 10: Child Account not accounting for ScreenTime properly

Discus and support Child Account not accounting for ScreenTime properly in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, my son Joe complained he couldn't login to our Windows 10 computer this AM. I logged into my parent account, and noticed that he had used... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by GerrySimmons, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Child Account not accounting for ScreenTime properly

Hello, my son Joe complained he couldn't login to our Windows 10 computer this AM. I logged into my parent account, and noticed that he had used 7+hours of screentime on this machine yesterday and today it's 8AM. He insisted that he had not left his account logged in. So, I went to the logs.

You can use the Event Viewer to see this information.

1. Open Control Panel /Administrative Tools. Double Click the Event Viewer.

2. In the Event Viewer, in theNavigation Pane on the left side.

a. Expand Applications and Services Logs / Microsoft /Windows / User Profile Service

b. Click the Operational folder.

3. At the top of the Center section, you will see the Events list sorted byDate/Time and Event ID.

a. The Event ID 2 is aLogon and the Event ID 4 is aLogoff.

4. Select one of these events and, in thebottom pane, you will see the information showing theUser Name that was Logged on orLogged Off on that date at thattime.

a. Scroll down to theDate and Time that you are looking for.

From this log, you can see that Joe logged in

Child Account not accounting for ScreenTime properly a735fde6-591e-49bf-806e-ac453e4bde1b?upload=true.png

... and logged out

Child Account not accounting for ScreenTime properly 8f1b33ba-552f-4b32-b6f9-e767228f4a74?upload=true.png

and attempted to login in today, and it failed because supposedly he had used 7+ hrs of screen time out of the 3 hrs allocated.

Child Account not accounting for ScreenTime properly a99c95d5-64bb-4761-aabc-b9f37d7b9791?upload=true.png

What gives?? I count on these screen time logs to accurately +/- represent my childs usage. His 2 siblings logged in and logged out after he did on 2/13 and they were recorded accurately!!

????

:)

GerrySimmons, Feb 14, 2020
  2. Jan123 Win User

Child Account Get Greyed Out

Thanks for the suggestion, but I did the following instead.

I have another laptop, 2 weeks old, with Windows 10 Home on it.

On that one, I tried the same steps with the child account, and got the exact same results.

Jan123, Feb 14, 2020
  3. Child account

I did set up a Child account, I did fallow all the steps window ask, the account say that the child is in the family, when I tried to log, give me the message "The Profile Service service Failed The Sign-in. User Profile cannot be loaded".

Answering your questions:

• Did you make any changes to the child account prior to the issue? No, I did not make any changes.
    • Since when you are facing this issue? Right from the start. I never got to login.
    • Are you able to login with other child accounts on the computer? No
    I suggest you to restart the computer once and check if you are able to login to the computer. I did, the same problem, I do not have any problem with my account or my wife.

Thank you for your help.

David.

David EDongo Sr, Feb 14, 2020
  4. Liezl Fal Win User

Child Account not accounting for ScreenTime properly

converting adult account to child account

Hi,

We would like to verify some information so we can properly isolate the issue.

• Have you converted the existing adult account to a child account before trying to create a new one?
    • Or, were you on the process of converting the adult account to a child account when you got the error message?
    We will wait for your reply.

Regards.

Liezl Fal, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

Child Account not accounting for ScreenTime properly

1. Child Account not accounting for ScreenTime properly - Similar Threads - Child Account accounting

2. Child's account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Child's account: I cannot remove my child's account since I approved her joining with my Gmail account by accident. How do I remove it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/childs-account/c8038341-81a8-4f31-acee-5c6090e36a6b
  3. Family Safety - Child account remains unlocked after screentime limit reached

Family Safety - Child account remains unlocked after screentime limit reached: I am having trouble with Family Safety. One of our child accounts works fine; the other is having trouble. The screentime limits have been properly set, but the child's device remains unlocked after the time limit is reached....
  4. Family Safety - Child account remains unlocked after screentime limit reached

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety - Child account remains unlocked after screentime limit reached: I am having trouble with Family Safety. One of our child accounts works fine; the other is having trouble. The screentime limits have been properly set, but the child's device remains unlocked after the time limit is reached....
  5. Family Safety - Child account remains unlocked after screentime limit reached

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Child Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Child Account: My child's account was created at school with the incorrect year in her DOB. This has been fixed but in the Family Group settings it is still showing her as a "Member, adult" whereas her sister is labelled as "Member, age 9". Please let me know how it is that we can get this...
  7. Screentime on Admin account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screentime on Admin account: Hey guys! My dad got a new pc for me, and he made a time limit for my pc from 8 am to 10.30 pm. Now that removes the admin rights for my pc, and it's sometimes annoying i have to wait till he's home when im doing updates for my games or just downloading things. Is there a...
  8. Child account not showing in manage child accounts

Child account not showing in manage child accounts: One of my child's accounts is not showing as a child account in the manage permissions section - it is appearing in my Family. This means I can't change app permissions. I have ensured all details of the account are correct and my other child is appearing correctly and I...
  9. Child Account

Child Account: I've turned 18 I live in the UK and my account is still classed as a child's account? My Dad made my account for me when I'm younger, now that I'm 18 why is it still classed as a child's account?...
  10. Child account

Child account: In a family account does each member have their own username and password. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/child-account/d65f128a-8426-4d48-92ac-49c946496ea8"