Windows 10: Child account not appearing to log into

Discus and support Child account not appearing to log into in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, I've successfully added my children using the "Family" options, however they are not appearing on the log-on screen, so they cant log in. I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by LambertDavid, May 28, 2019.

1. Child account not appearing to log into

Hi,

I've successfully added my children using the "Family" options, however they are not appearing on the log-on screen, so they cant log in.

I think this is complicated by the fact that I reinstalled Windows 10, and I notice that the childrens accounts are associated with the older build, which had a different name.

I can't see an option to remove the old build, but I can remove the current one, which I'm reluctant to do - in case that breaks something. I tried to rename the current build/name of my PC to match the old build/name, to try and "fool" the system, but they are still listed as separate devices.

I might not be anything to do with the device/laptop name. So if anyone can help with getting my kids to be able to log into the laptop using their children accounts I've setup that would be great,

Thanks

:)

LambertDavid, May 28, 2019
  2. Romel Ram Win User

Can’t log into child account

Hi Sheila,

It is possible that you're trying to login the child account using the parent device or computer. To properly isolate this issue, we'd like to ask some questions:

• Are you trying to log into the child account using the child's device or computer?
    • Have you tried removing the child account from the family account and add it again?
    • Have you tried logging in the child account to other computer to check if the credentials are correct?

We hope to hear from you soon.

Romel Ram, May 28, 2019
  3. Child account

I did set up a Child account, I did fallow all the steps window ask, the account say that the child is in the family, when I tried to log, give me the message "The Profile Service service Failed The Sign-in. User Profile cannot be loaded".

Answering your questions:

• Did you make any changes to the child account prior to the issue? No, I did not make any changes.
    • Since when you are facing this issue? Right from the start. I never got to login.
    • Are you able to login with other child accounts on the computer? No
    I suggest you to restart the computer once and check if you are able to login to the computer. I did, the same problem, I do not have any problem with my account or my wife.

Thank you for your help.

David.

David EDongo Sr, May 28, 2019
  4. Child account not appearing to log into

Child's account monitoring no logs

Hi Rona,

Thank you for updating us. Let me help you.

I suggest you to remove the PC associated to the child via the Family Safety website to re-establish the connection by following these steps:

1. Login to

Family Safety website

2. Go to the child's
    Edit settings

3. Look for the computer associated to the child account at the lower portion, click
    Remove at the right side of the computer.

4. Go to Windows 8 Family Safety control panel, turn on Family Safety for the child account.

5. Switch user and then log in using the child account at the PC.

6. Try to do some activities on the child account such as web browsing, etc. (at least 5 minutes).

7. Log out from the child account then log in using the parent account. Verify if the activities are reflected in the Activity reports of the Family Safety website.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Monitor your child's device use with activity reports.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/monitor-child-pc-activity

Check if it resolves the issue.

Keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Aswin_Anand, May 28, 2019
Thema:

Child account not appearing to log into

1. Child account not appearing to log into - Similar Threads - Child account appearing

2. How can I log into a child’s account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I log into a child’s account?: I created a child account on a new laptop for the first time without having a guardian account and now I cannot log into the laptop. I verify the account using authenticator but it says problem is ours not yours. This is frustrating....
  3. How can I log into a child’s account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I log into a child’s account?: I created a child account on a new laptop for the first time without having a guardian account and now I cannot log into the laptop. I verify the account using authenticator but it says problem is ours not yours. This is frustrating....
  4. Resetting child account log in

Resetting child account log in: I am trying to reset my childs Microsoft account password because they tried to guess the password too many times and it is locked. I have the backup email and have gone through the reset process but apparently I am not putting the right info to reset it and I can find no...
  5. Resetting child account log in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Resetting child account log in: I am trying to reset my childs Microsoft account password because they tried to guess the password too many times and it is locked. I have the backup email and have gone through the reset process but apparently I am not putting the right info to reset it and I can find no...
  6. Resetting child account log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Child account unable to login unless admin is logged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Child account unable to login unless admin is logged in: Newly built PC. I setup an admin account as the main account me. I then set up a child account with parental-controls. When we boot up the system, trying to select and log in as the child does nothing. I have to log in to the administrator account first, then log out, and...
  8. Child account unable to login unless admin is logged in

Child account unable to login unless admin is logged in: Newly built PC. I setup an admin account as the main account me. I then set up a child account with parental-controls. When we boot up the system, trying to select and log in as the child does nothing. I have to log in to the administrator account first, then log out, and...
  9. logging into Microsoft Store on my child's account not happening

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    logging into Microsoft Store on my child's account not happening: Hi, Having trouble trying to get into my account on the Microsoft store so i can install games for my child's account. I.e. I am logging the kids out of the microsoft store and putting my credentials in temporarily so as not to pay twice for the same piece of software which...
  10. cant log in to my childs account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    cant log in to my childs account: I cant log in to my child's account I set up. it worked for a day or 2 but now, an error message every time days says 'we cant sight in to your account' it suggests singing out then then back in. Ive done this a few times over the last few days and the error message...