Windows 10: Child account not linked to her parent's

Discus and support Child account not linked to her parent's in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I created a Skype account for my daughter some time ago. I don't remember exactly the steps I followed, but I'm almost sure it asked the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Federico Di Carlo, Apr 2, 2021.

1. Child account not linked to her parent's

Hi everyone,

I created a Skype account for my daughter some time ago. I don't remember exactly the steps I followed, but I'm almost sure it asked the procedure asked for my her father permission at a certain point. I'm now reviewing our Family Group and I find she is in a group, and the organizer has my name, but it is not my account. In fact I don't see her in my family and I'm not able to add her since she is already member of a family.

The strange thing is that in her family account page my name appear without any email address associated and it sounds very odd to me:

Child account not linked to her parent's 86ff4979-4ecc-40c3-abd9-d4ca8a54059b?upload=true.png

sorry it's Italian, but it basically says: Federico Di Carlo Organizer -

Any hint? I would really like to add her to my family and resolve this issue.

Thanks.

Best regards,

F.

:)

Federico Di Carlo, Apr 2, 2021
  2. TomBrad95 Win User

add parent to exisitng child account

If you are talking about my family then you don't add the parent to the child account you add the child to the parent account. First go to windowsphone.com and sign in using the parent account, then in the top right corner click my family, there should
    then be steps on how to activate my family and how to add the children.

TomBrad95, Apr 2, 2021
  3. How do i change the DOB (date of birth/birthdate) for a child account through the parent account? How do you do Option 3?

Hi,

If the birth date on a Microsoft account says that it belongs to a child, there are different steps to take in regions such as the United States of America and the Republic of Korea, and other regions that regulate what children can do online. Here is what
    to do when you are a parent trying to change your child's birth date:

• Using the parent's Microsoft account, sign in to your
      Family
      page on the Microsoft account website.
    • Select Manage my child's profile info.
    • For the child’s account that you want to change, select Edit this child's personal info and then follow the instructions.

For additional help, you may find the instructions to this question by following the links below:

Regards.

Anju Thekkethil, Apr 2, 2021
  4. Marrion_Y Win User

Child account not linked to her parent's

Child Account

Hi
    Izzy1412,

Thank you for the response.

We truly understand the urgency here. Here in the forums, we're unable to call you. We highly suggest you Contact
    Support
    for further assistance.

What we can do here is provide the online support pages that helps you out with the steps needed to resolve issues and provide insight on different types
    of accounts.

Parental consent and Microsoft child accounts will
    provide you information how a parent and child accounts are created.

If you're being asked for parental consent, the birthdate on your account indicates that you're underage. You mentioned you are 17, which means you're underage and the
    account is considered a child type. To resolve this, please have the parent account assigned to your account provide consent. Only the parent account can do this.

This is in compliance with regulations that require parental consent:

• Child Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) – United States
    • General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) – European Union
    • Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA) – South Korea

If this answer your question, we highly encourage you to inform our Community by clicking on Yes or marking my post as an answer. This will help other
    members who may have the same issue as you. Otherwise, don't hesitate to update us so we can further assist you.

Kind Regards,

Marrion Y.

Marrion_Y, Apr 2, 2021
Thema:

Child account not linked to her parent's

1. Child account not linked to her parent's - Similar Threads - Child account linked

2. Cant change region for child and parent account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant change region for child and parent account: HelloI am unable to change my Region for my microsoft account or my childs account. I had a chat with one of the support staff through the Microsoft support chat but they said they cant help me because its a family account issue.Please can someone assist.I am coming from the...
  3. Cant change region for child and parent account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant change region for child and parent account: HelloI am unable to change my Region for my microsoft account or my childs account. I had a chat with one of the support staff through the Microsoft support chat but they said they cant help me because its a family account issue.Please can someone assist.I am coming from the...
  4. Minecraft parent purchase for child accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft parent purchase for child accounts: Hi,I've purchased Minecraft Deluxe bundle for my kids to use. I can install it on their accounts using Microsoft Store, but as Minecraft now requires Minecraft Launcher to launch the game previously it was a separate app you started; Minecraft Java Edition it is no longer...
  5. Minecraft parent purchase for child accounts

Minecraft parent purchase for child accounts: Hi,I've purchased Minecraft Deluxe bundle for my kids to use. I can install it on their accounts using Microsoft Store, but as Minecraft now requires Minecraft Launcher to launch the game previously it was a separate app you started; Minecraft Java Edition it is no longer...
  6. Moving Minecraft from parent's account to child's

Moving Minecraft from parent's account to child's: How to move a game from parent's Microsoft account to child's account? I bought a game using my account, and the game is available only in my account, and my son doesn't have access to his Minecraft. Is there any possibility to move the game to my son's account? I don't want...
  7. Minecraft Parent purchase for child accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Parent purchase for child accounts: Hello, If I purchase Minecraft, can my lined children accounts access the game from their devices? Any links that can explain teh process will be helpful. Thanks, Anand...
  8. download for child in my account and not hers

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    download for child in my account and not hers: i downloaded minecraft for my child and it is in my account. is there a way to get it into her account to download to her computer? or does she need to log in to my account and if so will she need to be in my account to play?...
  9. resetting child's linked account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    resetting child's linked account: I setup accounts for my 3 children to use for their homework on my PC which they have been using but they only remember their pin numbers and not the default password I setup for them when I created their accounts. When I try to reset their passwords, the system sends my...
  10. Transferrring games from parent account to child account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferrring games from parent account to child account: So I messed up. My child asked me for permission to buy Minecraft for Windows 10, and I thought I granted it. Clearly I got a wire crossed somewhere because looking at Minecraft in the store on my child's profile shows that it must be bought. Looking on our Microsoft...