Windows 10: Child account not showing in manage child accounts

Discus and support Child account not showing in manage child accounts in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; One of my child's accounts is not showing as a child account in the manage permissions section - it is appearing in my Family. This means I can't... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by JamesColclough1, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Child account not showing in manage child accounts

One of my child's accounts is not showing as a child account in the manage permissions section - it is appearing in my Family. This means I can't change app permissions.

I have ensured all details of the account are correct and my other child is appearing correctly and I have managed to change permissions for that account.

This looks like a system error. I can't remove the child as I can't change the permission on consents which is needed to remove them.

Thanks

James

Moved from: Outlook.com/ My Account and information / Other

:)

JamesColclough1, Jan 17, 2021

2. Child accounts

Does anyone use child accounts on Windows 10? We have multiple user logins and one of these is a child account. Our son is not actively using it as he is a bit young but thought I'd get it setup. Trouble is unlike the adult accounts it is really frustrating to use with edge. It's as if the MS servers (for child reports on their activity) are at play seriously delaying it on launch. It can take 30 secs to a minute to become usable. Deleting the child acc and recreating makes no difference. All our adult accounts are great, work brilliantly as a mix of standard and admin users. Store can also be slow to launch too on his child account

Scottyboy99, Jan 17, 2021
  3. Jan123 Win User
    Child Account Get Greyed Out

Thanks for the suggestion, but I did the following instead.

I have another laptop, 2 weeks old, with Windows 10 Home on it.

On that one, I tried the same steps with the child account, and got the exact same results.

Jan123, Jan 17, 2021
  4. Child account not showing in manage child accounts

Child account

I did set up a Child account, I did fallow all the steps window ask, the account say that the child is in the family, when I tried to log, give me the message "The Profile Service service Failed The Sign-in. User Profile cannot be loaded".

Answering your questions:

• Did you make any changes to the child account prior to the issue? No, I did not make any changes.
    • Since when you are facing this issue? Right from the start. I never got to login.
    • Are you able to login with other child accounts on the computer? No
    I suggest you to restart the computer once and check if you are able to login to the computer. I did, the same problem, I do not have any problem with my account or my wife.

Thank you for your help.

David.

David EDongo Sr, Jan 17, 2021
Thema:

Child account not showing in manage child accounts

1. Child account not showing in manage child accounts - Similar Threads - Child account showing

2. Child's account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Child's account: I cannot remove my child's account since I approved her joining with my Gmail account by accident. How do I remove it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/childs-account/c8038341-81a8-4f31-acee-5c6090e36a6b
  3. Child Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Child Account: My child's account was created at school with the incorrect year in her DOB. This has been fixed but in the Family Group settings it is still showing her as a "Member, adult" whereas her sister is labelled as "Member, age 9". Please let me know how it is that we can get this...
  4. Manage permissions for child account shows no options

Manage permissions for child account shows no options: In an effort to be allowed to change the date of birth on my now well over a decade old account, I have been forced to create a new account and add the old one to a family group with the new one acting as a parent account. I'm supposedly able to change the age on my original...
  5. Manage permissions for child account shows no options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Manage permissions for child account shows no options: In an effort to be allowed to change the date of birth on my now well over a decade old account, I have been forced to create a new account and add the old one to a family group with the new one acting as a parent account. I'm supposedly able to change the age on my original...
  6. Manage permissions for child account shows no options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Child account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Child account: Hi,My daughter has a child account, and I added it to family. Now it happened two times over the last 3 months that I got a notification from Microsoft saying that on so and so date my daughter was removed from my family. I checked, and indeed, my daughter was not listed...
  8. Child Account

Child Account: Hi all, I've set my son's account up so that he needs me to grant him screen time on the specific device every time he wants to go online - i.e. the Time Limit of his Screen Time settings is set to 'Blocked'. Most of the time this works fine for us but there are...
  9. Child Account

Child Account: I've turned 18 I live in the UK and my account is still classed as a child's account? My Dad made my account for me when I'm younger, now that I'm 18 why is it still classed as a child's account?...
  10. Child account

Child account: In a family account does each member have their own username and password. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/child-account/d65f128a-8426-4d48-92ac-49c946496ea8"