Windows 10: Child account password forgotten

Discus and support Child account password forgotten in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, we set my child up with an email account so he could access some online information on his playstation. We have never used this email but it is... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by JonathanBuchanan1, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Child account password forgotten

Hi,

we set my child up with an email account so he could access some online information on his playstation. We have never used this email but it is linked to my family account. He needs to access his email to verify his playstation log in but has now forgotten his password.

we have tried repeatedly to reset it from my family but we cant log in, as we dont know the password, and when we go through all the steps to reset it, it just tells us we have not given enough information. He hasnt ever sent an email so we cant give any more information.

Given that it is attached to my account surely they have enough information to find it?

How can we reset his password?

Thanks,

Jonathan

:)

JonathanBuchanan1, Feb 17, 2019

2. Child Account Password

My child has a Microsoft account but he's forgotten his password. How do I recover or change his password?

michaelvuu, Feb 17, 2019
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Forgot Child's Password

Hi Jason,

It's possible that you'll be able to change the password through your own administrator account. Just to confirm, is your daughter's account a Microsoft account, or a local user account?

If it's a local account, remove or change the password from the Control Panel. Sign in using your administrator account, then follow these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Control Panel and press Enter.
    • Click User Accounts.
    • Click Manage another account.
    • If the User Account Control window pops up, click Yes.
    • Choose the local account that you want.
    • Click Change the password.
    • Leave the password fields empty if you want to remove the password. Otherwise, enter the new password that you want to use, as wells as a hint and click
      Change password.

If it's a Microsoft family account, follow these steps to remove your child's account:

here
    • On the right side of your child's account, click Remove.
    • Click Remove again.

After removing the account, you can set up your child's account again. Make sure that you have the correct password when you sign in.

Let us know if you're able to change or remove the password of your child's account after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Feb 17, 2019
  4. John Vil Win User

Child account password forgotten

Child Account Password

Hello Michael,

The method of changing the password for a child account is similar to that of the other accounts. I would suggest you to refer to this
    link to reset your child's account.

Should you have any other concerns, don't hesitate to post back.

John Vil, Feb 17, 2019
Thema:

Child account password forgotten

1. Child account password forgotten - Similar Threads - Child account password

2. Changing password on child's account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing password on child's account: I have Windows 10 and we lost the password for my child. She has never sent or received an email and the phone number we originally linked to the account has been disconnected. We have no way to retrieve a password with one of the options provided. We cannot complete the...
  3. forgotten password!

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    forgotten password!: My daughter has forgotten her password to unlock her windows 10 laptop. How do i manage to reset her password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgotten-password/65483114-1e51-4323-ac9c-120a69379ef5
  4. Forgotten Password!!

Forgotten Password!!: Hello folks!! It has been a while since I have been here. My days of providing advice are over, since a couple of strokes took care of them. This time would like to be at the recipient end, and ask for some help from the Windows10 team I consider the best. *Wink Have a...
  5. Forgotten password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forgotten password: I accidently forgotten my administrator account password.so anyone please help me to get through this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgotten-password/bdeb45ee-60a3-4a16-85d0-0b118294948e"
  6. Forgotten password

Forgotten password: I changed my login password recently and now cannot remember the password. I do not have the disc with me and need to change the password. HOW? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgotten-password/c6a84dfc-e505-4840-a321-cd0b1c492a85
  7. Forgotten Password..

Forgotten Password..: Hi, Unfortunately, I forgot my windows administrator password..but I do remember the pin, through which I am able to log in to my pc but I still need to change my password. PLEASE HELP ASAP Thanks, Rahul Chandra...
  8. Help resetting password on Child Account

Help resetting password on Child Account: This is more of a venting post than an actual question, because I really doubt I'll get a proper answer. I am trying to reset the password on my child's account that we setup several months ago for her to use on Windows and eventually Xbox Live. Unfortunately she has...
  9. Forgotten Password

Forgotten Password: I have windows 10 and have forgotten password to log in. How do i get pass this without wiping all my information off computer. I've tried everything even lazesoft application and can't get it to work. Help!...
  10. Forgotten password.

Forgotten password.: I'm locked out of my old laptop. It does not recognize my fingerprint and following moving to a new house I can't find the folder with old passwords and pins etc. I haven't used this laptop in several years. Help...