Windows 10: Child account password forgotten

Discus and support Child account password forgotten in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, we set my child up with an email account so he could access some online information on his playstation. We have never used this email but it is... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by JonathanBuchanan1, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Child account password forgotten

Hi,

we set my child up with an email account so he could access some online information on his playstation. We have never used this email but it is linked to my family account. He needs to access his email to verify his playstation log in but has now forgotten his password.

we have tried repeatedly to reset it from my family but we cant log in, as we dont know the password, and when we go through all the steps to reset it, it just tells us we have not given enough information. He hasnt ever sent an email so we cant give any more information.

Given that it is attached to my account surely they have enough information to find it?

How can we reset his password?

Thanks,

Jonathan

:)

JonathanBuchanan1, Feb 17, 2019

2. Child Account Password

My child has a Microsoft account but he's forgotten his password. How do I recover or change his password?

michaelvuu, Feb 17, 2019
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Forgot Child's Password

Hi Jason,

It's possible that you'll be able to change the password through your own administrator account. Just to confirm, is your daughter's account a Microsoft account, or a local user account?

If it's a local account, remove or change the password from the Control Panel. Sign in using your administrator account, then follow these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Control Panel and press Enter.
    • Click User Accounts.
    • Click Manage another account.
    • If the User Account Control window pops up, click Yes.
    • Choose the local account that you want.
    • Click Change the password.
    • Leave the password fields empty if you want to remove the password. Otherwise, enter the new password that you want to use, as wells as a hint and click
      Change password.

If it's a Microsoft family account, follow these steps to remove your child's account:

here
    • On the right side of your child's account, click Remove.
    • Click Remove again.

After removing the account, you can set up your child's account again. Make sure that you have the correct password when you sign in.

Let us know if you're able to change or remove the password of your child's account after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Feb 17, 2019
  4. John Vil Win User

Child account password forgotten

Child Account Password

Hello Michael,

The method of changing the password for a child account is similar to that of the other accounts. I would suggest you to refer to this
    link to reset your child's account.

Should you have any other concerns, don't hesitate to post back.

John Vil, Feb 17, 2019
Thema:

Child account password forgotten

1. Child account password forgotten - Similar Threads - Child account password

2. Recover child account password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recover child account password: Hi,I recently bought gaming computer Windows 11 for my 7-year-old. I created an outlook account for him for windows login. I noted down the password and proceeded to consent form. Things were good so far. I tried logging into my child email account first time using password...
  3. Password reset on child's account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password reset on child's account: Is there any way other than the forms to reset a child's password for outlook? I set an account up for my son to play Minecraft with but can not remember the password and the forms ask you for passwords I have used. If I knew them I wouldn't need to re-set it...
  4. Local Accounts Forgotten Passwords

Local Accounts Forgotten Passwords: I will describe my situation as best I can. I don't know what I did to get into this situation. Please be gentle with me. I'm not 25 anymore and in the intervening years since I was 25 I have killed a lot of braincells as decribed in the Baggar Vance movie. I am a one man...
  5. Local Accounts Forgotten Passwords

in Windows 10 Support
    Local Accounts Forgotten Passwords: I will describe my situation as best I can. I don't know what I did to get into this situation. Please be gentle with me. I'm not 25 anymore and in the intervening years since I was 25 I have killed a lot of braincells as decribed in the Baggar Vance movie. I am a one man...
  6. Forgotten Local account password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forgotten Local account password: Hi , I forgot my local account password on my laptop ,, how can i change it ,, as no option for forgot password ,, can you help thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgotten-local-account-password/dc5c1f71-6ad9-499d-a51c-1735b2dbb1b6
  7. forgotten password of child's new account

forgotten password of child's new account: Hi, i got a new lap top today and set up a new family member 6 yr old child. I had to create a microsoft account for her. i typed in a password and it all seemed okay. But I cannnot log her in now because it says the password is incorrect. I must have typed something...
  8. Forgotten password--not the administrator account

Forgotten password--not the administrator account: I am the administrator. I set up an account for my wife. She forgot her password and can't answer the security questions and does not have a password reset disk. (I am signed in.) Windows Pro 1903 What can I do to get her back on line? 153071
  9. Child account password reset

Child account password reset: Hi, i created a child account a while back and dont remember the password. Neither i nor my kid has ever signed into that account. So, i cannot answer some if not most of the recovery questions asked to reset the password. questions like who sent you emails, subject line...
  10. Changing password on child's account

Changing password on child's account: I have Windows 10 and we lost the password for my child. She has never sent or received an email and the phone number we originally linked to the account has been disconnected. We have no way to retrieve a password with one of the options provided. We cannot complete the...