Windows 10: Child account unable to login unless admin is logged in

Discus and support Child account unable to login unless admin is logged in in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Newly built PC. I setup an admin account as the main account me. I then set up a child account with parental-controls. When we boot up the system,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by IamthaKing, Sep 24, 2022.

1. Child account unable to login unless admin is logged in

Newly built PC. I setup an admin account as the main account me. I then set up a child account with parental-controls. When we boot up the system, trying to select and log in as the child does nothing. I have to log in to the administrator account first, then log out, and then the child account can login. I don't want to be here every time he needs to log in and I'm guessing this isn't how it is designed to work. Thoughts?

:)

IamthaKing, Sep 24, 2022

2. Child account

I did set up a Child account, I did fallow all the steps window ask, the account say that the child is in the family, when I tried to log, give me the message "The Profile Service service Failed The Sign-in. User Profile cannot be loaded".

Answering your questions:

• Did you make any changes to the child account prior to the issue? No, I did not make any changes.
    • Since when you are facing this issue? Right from the start. I never got to login.
    • Are you able to login with other child accounts on the computer? No
    I suggest you to restart the computer once and check if you are able to login to the computer. I did, the same problem, I do not have any problem with my account or my wife.

Thank you for your help.

David.

David EDongo Sr, Sep 24, 2022
  3. Romel Ram Win User
    Can’t log into child account

Hi Sheila,

It is possible that you're trying to login the child account using the parent device or computer. To properly isolate this issue, we'd like to ask some questions:

• Are you trying to log into the child account using the child's device or computer?
    • Have you tried removing the child account from the family account and add it again?
    • Have you tried logging in the child account to other computer to check if the credentials are correct?

We hope to hear from you soon.

Romel Ram, Sep 24, 2022
  4. Child account unable to login unless admin is logged in

Child can not log in to windows 10 laptop anymore

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to check if check if you are able to login online using the Child account. I suggest you to change the password for the child account by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • Click on Family Safety and select the child account.
    • On the left navigation pane, select Change Password.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts and check if the password is changed.
    • Login with the new password and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 24, 2022
Thema:

Child account unable to login unless admin is logged in

1. Child account unable to login unless admin is logged in - Similar Threads - Child account unable

2. Unable to login with new pc because of a child account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to login with new pc because of a child account.: Got my son a new laptop for Xmas, signed into his account to initialize; it says he can't play because of time restrictions and I have no way to give him more time. I'm unable to make a new account to get admin permissionsI've granted more time on the Xbox appTrying to log on...
  3. Unable to login with new pc because of a child account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to login with new pc because of a child account.: Got my son a new laptop for Xmas, signed into his account to initialize; it says he can't play because of time restrictions and I have no way to give him more time. I'm unable to make a new account to get admin permissionsI've granted more time on the Xbox appTrying to log on...
  4. Child account unable to login unless admin is logged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Child account unable to login unless admin is logged in: Newly built PC. I setup an admin account as the main account me. I then set up a child account with parental-controls. When we boot up the system, trying to select and log in as the child does nothing. I have to log in to the administrator account first, then log out, and...
  5. unable to login as admin.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    unable to login as admin.: Every time I tried to Login under the administrator my computer won't let me. It will go to the thinking screen and be waiting but will not log in. I can leave it for an hour or more. I push the shutdown button and I see "shutting down" but it will not shut down....
  6. Unable to login with my admin account

Unable to login with my admin account: Hello I had an outlook.com id adminthrough which i used to login to Windows 10. While in Windows 10, i created one more user for a guest account. Everything was fine until yesterday and now i am unable to login to my computer using my Admin ID . The computer shows 2 ID's...
  7. Child unable to login to laptop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Child unable to login to laptop: My son has a new laptop and set it up with his Microsoft account. He was the only user and thus the administrator for the machine. He is a part of my Microsoft family and we have screen time settings in place. I have never had a problem restricting and/or allowing access to...
  8. Unable to login to admin account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to login to admin account: Hi Experts, I am not able to login to my admin account. I was trying some thing with net user command and accidently might have reseted the password. Now I am not able to login back. I have a guest account on the laptop with which I can log in, it has minimum privileges....
  9. Unable to login into admin account

Unable to login into admin account: Hi All, I am unable to login into admin account using the current credentials, but i am able to login into the server using user credentials that i created. Can any on help me in debugging the issue....
  10. UAC for everything unless logged into as admin?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UAC for everything unless logged into as admin?: I'm new to windows 10, but am I missing something? I installed windows 10, did all my updates, then created a user account for me. My understanding is that it is better to run as a user than to always be logged in as admin day-to-day. But this is frustrating as programs...