Windows 10: Child account unable to logon PC

Discus and support Child account unable to logon PC in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, I re-installed my laptop and logged on with my Microsoft account. I have a family group with a child account for my daughter. If i logon to the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Kåre Mai, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Kåre Mai Win User

Child account unable to logon PC

Hi,

I re-installed my laptop and logged on with my Microsoft account. I have a family group with a child account for my daughter.

If i logon to the family management website the device is there and it also shows up under "Family Devices" where theres an icon for my daughters account.

If i open her account it says that she's connected to the laptop.

On the laptop, if i goto Settings > Family & Others it says that she can't sign in while it shows the Block button.

If i hit it it asks if i want to block her from logging on this PC. If i then say 'Yes' then it says "Can't sign in" and shows the Allow button.

If i then hit the Allow button it asks me if i want to allow sign in for this PC and i say 'yes'. But it still just shows "Can't sign in".

If i then logs off windows it then shows her microsoft account email. If i clock this it shows a "Log on" button. If i hit this button it says "Just a moment" briefly and then just shows the button again after which nothing happens if i click it.

Why must it be so incredibly hard to get this to work? And why do i have to pay money to get microsoft support on phone for something thats broke in their product..

:)

Kåre Mai, Feb 13, 2020
  2. Jan123 Win User

Child Account Get Greyed Out

Thanks for the suggestion, but I did the following instead.

I have another laptop, 2 weeks old, with Windows 10 Home on it.

On that one, I tried the same steps with the child account, and got the exact same results.

Jan123, Feb 13, 2020
  3. Not Tracking Web Browsing Activity on Child Account

Hello,

I had already read that article and tried all those steps mentioned before posting on this forum. Nothing worked. I am still not able to see the web activity on my child's account.

I have already verified that the Family Safety Service is connected to my PC and that my child has the PC listed as a device on their account. My child's account is listed as "child" on my PC account settings. When I sign into the child's account, I have
    verified that Family Safe Monitoring is running because the icon is in the task bar.

This response was not helpful, because as I stated in my original post, I had already read several articles on troubleshooting this issue and nothing worked.

Can you offer me other suggestions that are not mentioned in that Wiki Article?

CoriannFlores, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Child account unable to logon PC

Child account

I did set up a Child account, I did fallow all the steps window ask, the account say that the child is in the family, when I tried to log, give me the message "The Profile Service service Failed The Sign-in. User Profile cannot be loaded".

Answering your questions:

• Did you make any changes to the child account prior to the issue? No, I did not make any changes.
    • Since when you are facing this issue? Right from the start. I never got to login.
    • Are you able to login with other child accounts on the computer? No
    I suggest you to restart the computer once and check if you are able to login to the computer. I did, the same problem, I do not have any problem with my account or my wife.

Thank you for your help.

David.

David EDongo Sr, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

Child account unable to logon PC

1. Child account unable to logon PC - Similar Threads - Child account unable

2. Unable to Add child account to Family group.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Add child account to Family group.: I contacted chat support under case number 7031667301. The chat window closed before I could copy any details.My 13 year old son has a Windows PC running Windows version 11. I am unable to add him to my family group so that I can use windows parental control features to...
  3. Unable to login with new pc because of a child account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to login with new pc because of a child account.: Got my son a new laptop for Xmas, signed into his account to initialize; it says he can't play because of time restrictions and I have no way to give him more time. I'm unable to make a new account to get admin permissionsI've granted more time on the Xbox appTrying to log on...
  4. Unable to login with new pc because of a child account.

Unable to login with new pc because of a child account.: Got my son a new laptop for Xmas, signed into his account to initialize; it says he can't play because of time restrictions and I have no way to give him more time. I'm unable to make a new account to get admin permissionsI've granted more time on the Xbox appTrying to log on...
  5. Unable to add funds to a child's account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to add funds to a child's account: Hello,I know this has been answered before online but the answers I found just led in a full circle with no real help.I am trying to enable my child to make a $199 purchase by adding money to his account through our family plan.All accounts and payment methods are in good...
  6. Unable to add funds to a child's account

Unable to add funds to a child's account: Hello,I know this has been answered before online but the answers I found just led in a full circle with no real help.I am trying to enable my child to make a $199 purchase by adding money to his account through our family plan.All accounts and payment methods are in good...
  7. Unable to use funds in child account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to use funds in child account: Hello, I've recently set up a child account for my daughter and bought minecraft for her. I then attempted to buy her some minecoins. I have added some funds to her account which was a nightmare in itself, but despite this, I am still unable to purchase it. If I have...
  8. Unable to add money to child account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to add money to child account: Hi. I'm unable to add money to my child's account. This has been a problem for a few weeks now. I can buy things for myself so this is not a card/billing problem. I've tried Edge and Chrome and on more than one device. I've also read through the FAQ and this forum for answers...
  9. Windows7 to 10 upgrade after automatically logon to child Account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows7 to 10 upgrade after automatically logon to child Account: After upgrading Windows7 Pro to Windows10 Pro, after re-start automatically logs on to only one account, which is a child account without admin privileges. I cannot get the system to just turn on and allow to log onto any user. Only this one child account has to be logged in...
  10. Unable To Add Child To Microsoft Account.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable To Add Child To Microsoft Account.: I have 2 Nokia 550 window 10. Each child has outlook accounts and each child have access to other Microsoft devices .The phones appear on account as devices but I am unable to add them each child. Can anyone help please. ***Edited Original Title From: y family account. The...