Windows 10: Child account without link to family account

Discus and support Child account without link to family account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My child's microsoft account has been "orphaned" - there is no link to a family. Because of this, she cannot change settings to her account. In the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by EllenKamman, Jan 25, 2022.

1. Child account without link to family account

My child's microsoft account has been "orphaned" - there is no link to a family. Because of this, she cannot change settings to her account. In the forum, it is advised to unlink from her existing family administrator and then add her to my family. This is not possible, as we end up in a loop "you cannot invite this person as they are already in another family". When following the steps suggested there, you can't unlink her from that family as she does not have a family connection. Also, when she tries to change anything it says "you cannot make these changes due to age restrictions". In other

:)

EllenKamman, Jan 25, 2022

2. family accounts

We appreciate the prompt response. Our next option is to re-sync the account by removing it and adding it again as a child account. To do this, here are the links for a detailed guide on how to remove and add a child account:

• To remove the child account, follow the steps provided on this
      article
      on how to turn off family features.
    • To re-add the child account, follow the steps on this
      link
      and click the drop down-arrow to view the steps. You can either chose to create a new account or add an existing one.

Once you're done, log in to your device using the newly added child account and check if you encounter the same error.

Let us know if you encounter any challenges along the process.

Darwin Dim, Jan 25, 2022
  3. Micah Bat Win User
    Child's account history not showing up in Microsoft Family Safety

Just to confirm, have you tried using a different browser and check if the issue persists? Since doing the steps provided on the link didn't help you resolve your concern, we would suggest you to recreate your son's account on the Alienware computer. To
    do so, kindly follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click Accounts.
    • Click Family and other
      users
    • Click Sign in with
      a local account instead
      (to convert her account to a local account).
    • After doing so, delete the local account. To delete a local account, kindly follow the steps below:
      • Go to Settings.
      • Click Accounts.
      • Click Family and other
        users
      • Click the local account and then, click Remove.
      • A new window will open, click Delete account and data.
    • After deleting the local account, re-link the Microsoft account of your son as a user, then add it to your family.

For more information on how to add a child account to your family, kindly click
    this link.

Let us know how it goes.

Micah Bat, Jan 25, 2022
  4. Child account without link to family account

How to delete an adult account in the Family Settings.

Hi,

To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• As an adult in the family account, sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • Under Your family, click
      Remove
    • Click the child account you want to remove, and click Remove.
    • You will get an email confirmation once the child has been removed from the family.
    Note: If you removed a Child account, it will be tagged as an "Orphaned account" and you will need to attach another "Parent account".

Regards.

Melowin Mar, Jan 25, 2022
Thema:

Child account without link to family account

1. Child account without link to family account - Similar Threads - Child account without

2. Child family account management taken over by a hacker family account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Child family account management taken over by a hacker family account.: Our Daughter's Family account has been removed from our Family account without our consent, and added to another Family account that is clearly a malicious account. It's even named "waetrytuhjk" Why try to hijackWe have tried numerous calls and emails to Microsoft support,...
  3. Account looks like a family or child's account, but it’s not

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account looks like a family or child's account, but it’s not: Message sent to Microsoft forumA elderly friend tried to login to her account and was asked to give parental permission. It looked like a childs account, but it’s not. My friend is a female in her 70s and has no idea why her account is a family account.? The account does not...
  4. Account looks like a family or child's account, but it’s not

Account looks like a family or child's account, but it’s not: Message sent to Microsoft forumA elderly friend tried to login to her account and was asked to give parental permission. It looked like a childs account, but it’s not. My friend is a female in her 70s and has no idea why her account is a family account.? The account does not...
  5. Child account without link to family account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Child account without link to family account: My child's microsoft account has been "orphaned" - there is no link to a family. Because of this, she cannot change settings to her account. In the forum, it is advised to unlink from her existing family administrator and then add her to my family. This is not possible, as we...
  6. Child account without link to family account

Child account without link to family account: My child's microsoft account has been "orphaned" - there is no link to a family. Because of this, she cannot change settings to her account. In the forum, it is advised to unlink from her existing family administrator and then add her to my family. This is not possible, as we...
  7. Connecting child gmail account managed by family link to outlook

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Connecting child gmail account managed by family link to outlook: I have a new laptop. My email is a child gmail account and is managed by family link. I want to link my gmail account to outlook but am told that accounts managed by family link are not allowed to sign in. The warning seems to be a google message. Is this an issue with...
  8. Recover a child's account in my Microsoft Family account

Recover a child's account in my Microsoft Family account: One of my children in my Microsoft Family Account has forgotten their password.How do I recover this account or reset the password? I've filled out the Recover your account form twice and still cannot recover this account. The account shows correctly in my...
  9. Issue with child family account

Issue with child family account: I am getting this error "Your family member needs to sign in to their Windows 10 device PC for family features to work. " I followed the "How to fix" steps. And the issue is unresolved. I have checked - Account set to allowed under Family & Other users - The account can...
  10. resetting child's linked account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    resetting child's linked account: I setup accounts for my 3 children to use for their homework on my PC which they have been using but they only remember their pin numbers and not the default password I setup for them when I created their accounts. When I try to reset their passwords, the system sends my...