Windows 10: Child accounts

Discus and support Child accounts in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Does anyone use child accounts on Windows 10? We have multiple user logins and one of these is a child account. Our son is not actively using it as he... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Scottyboy99, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Child accounts

Does anyone use child accounts on Windows 10? We have multiple user logins and one of these is a child account. Our son is not actively using it as he is a bit young but thought I'd get it setup. Trouble is unlike the adult accounts it is really frustrating to use with edge. It's as if the MS servers (for child reports on their activity) are at play seriously delaying it on launch. It can take 30 secs to a minute to become usable. Deleting the child acc and recreating makes no difference. All our adult accounts are great, work brilliantly as a mix of standard and admin users. Store can also be slow to launch too on his child account

:)

Scottyboy99, Mar 18, 2016

2. Caught in a loop, can't get child's account validated in Family Safety, they can't login, then get 'not a parent' message etc.

Thanks for the what seems to be understanding. When I migrated to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1, I had a child account under Windows 8.1 Family Safety for a child under the age of 13. This account was no longer valid as a child account in Windows 10 and
    was made into a administrator or standard account by default. Poor programming from Microsoft. So when I lost my child account it wanted an email address to switch it back to a child account. I removed the said account, and created a local account for child
    and now unable to have a child account and no control what come into child's session when logged in.

WesleySnipes2016, Mar 18, 2016
  3. Parental control problem

Thank you for the information. For clarification, is there only one child account on the family? If there are multiple child account, is this happening on a specific child account? It's possible that this can be an account issue. Have your child or the child
    account go to Microsoft - Official Home Page on their device to fix account issues.

Keep us posted.

Radney Dri, Mar 18, 2016
  4. Child accounts

It seemed to improve for a short while but yesterday and this morning it's now back to being really slow. Everytime edge is opened on the child account this happens. It's worth noting there is no such issue using Mozilla on the child acc. Also worth noting there is no issue with edge on the all the adult accounts

Scottyboy99, Mar 21, 2016
  5. I think there are problems with child accounts on Windows 10. We set one up for our son and on our new laptop he will login and launch edge which takes quite a while to become usable. As if it's waiting to reconcile with Microsoft and taking far too long. Whilst that happens no sites are usable. Once edge is usable then all is fine but he cannot afford to close edge otherwise if he tries to launch it again there will likely be the same long delay. It's not a consistent time either which makes me further point suspicion at the MS server. There is no such problem using edge on the adult accounts. Deleting the child account and re-creating it makes no difference. In the interim we have created another local user account for him to use but of course we have to watch carefully what he is upto. We don't actually block anything online for him, we just like receiving the weekly activity reports (which we still receive) but it seems pretty frustrating that it can take edge anywhere from 10 seconds to a minute to let him at the internet.

Scottyboy99, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Child accounts

1. Child accounts - Similar Threads - Child accounts

2. Hyper V and child account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper V and child account: I want my child to launch Hyper V without the UAC window popping up asking for the Administrator Password/PINIn my account, Hyper V launches without UAC prompt, but anything I trie for the child account WIndows always asks for the Administrator PINSetup:WIndows 10:2 accounts....
  3. Hyper V and child account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper V and child account: I want my child to launch Hyper V without the UAC window popping up asking for the Administrator Password/PINIn my account, Hyper V launches without UAC prompt, but anything I trie for the child account WIndows always asks for the Administrator PINSetup:WIndows 10:2 accounts....
  4. Hyper V and child account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  5. My PC is now linked to my child's Xbox account outlook email address and I cannot change it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC is now linked to my child's Xbox account outlook email address and I cannot change it...: I logged my son into his Xbox Profile on the Xbox gaming app on my PC. Now my PC has his email associated with my account. The family settings are now applying to my PC account.Summary:Under the Accounts > Your Info it now shows my name but my 9yr old sons email address and I...
  6. My PC is now linked to my child's Xbox account outlook email address and I cannot change it...

My PC is now linked to my child's Xbox account outlook email address and I cannot change it...: I logged my son into his Xbox Profile on the Xbox gaming app on my PC. Now my PC has his email associated with my account. The family settings are now applying to my PC account.Summary:Under the Accounts > Your Info it now shows my name but my 9yr old sons email address and I...
  7. My PC is now linked to my child's Xbox account outlook email address and I cannot change it...

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Microsoft Child account can't play online Java Minecraft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Child account can't play online Java Minecraft: I've followed every guide I can find to allow my child to play Minecraft Java Edition. Nothing works.I've set his account to allow him to join clubs, allow multiplayer outside of Xbox live and everything. Nothing seems to be working....
  9. Microsoft Child account can't play online Java Minecraft

Microsoft Child account can't play online Java Minecraft: I've followed every guide I can find to allow my child to play Minecraft Java Edition. Nothing works.I've set his account to allow him to join clubs, allow multiplayer outside of Xbox live and everything. Nothing seems to be working....
  10. how to switch windows 10 child account to local account

how to switch windows 10 child account to local account: i saw someone asking the same question but i still can't change it below "your family" it only said we can't connect to Microsoft family on this device might not be up to date I was thinking what dose that matter for a long time....