Windows 10: Child can access apps that I've blocked in Family Saftey

Discus and support Child can access apps that I've blocked in Family Saftey in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I've blocked the "Family Safety" app on my teenager's phone to prevent him from opening the app and turning off the "activity reporting" feature.This... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by StephenSanchez1, Dec 27, 2021.

1. Child can access apps that I've blocked in Family Saftey

I've blocked the "Family Safety" app on my teenager's phone to prevent him from opening the app and turning off the "activity reporting" feature.This worked at the time. Then he went out of state and came back and I tested it when he got back. The only app I have blocked, he can access. Of course it still shows as blocked on his overview in Family Saftey. It hasn't been reporting for the 8 day's he's been gone. How did he get around this?What is the point in blocking something on my end if the Family Saftey App doesn't do it? And why doesn't it tell me it stopped working?The device overview sa

:)

StephenSanchez1, Dec 27, 2021

2. How to block a specific app using family settings

Hi,

Blocking specific apps is possible with the Microsoft Account's Family Safety Feature. To block a specific application on your child's account, it is a requirement that the app must be used by your child, so that it will appear in under the Recent Activity
    list. For your child's security, you can log in as the child and launch the app to satisfy this requirement.

Follow these steps to successfully block specific applications:

• Visit the Microsoft Family website and then sign in your Microsoft Account.
    • Click the account of the child that you want to block from using an app.
    • Select Recent Activity.
    • Click to ensure that Activity Reporting is turned on.
    • Scroll down and look for Apps & Games.
    • Choose the apps that you want to block on your child's account.
    • Click Block to block usage of the app.

If further assistance is needed, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Darleen Pen, Dec 27, 2021
  3. Block Google Chrome for Child

I have 5 kids to setup content restrictions for. Though I love that Microsoft gives the power to have the safety features it does, the process is RIDICULOUS if you are doing it for more than 1 child!!!

I attempted to setup my 3 younger kids to only have access to a couple of specific websites, but no other sites. During that process I removed Google Chrome from the blocked apps list. What I did not know was that I had to use Microsoft Edge (one of the
    worst browsers ever) to use the feature that only allows certain sites. So now Google Chrome is no longer a blocked app, but yet the site has no way to just add it back.

I looked up how to block an app and was SHOCKED by the official info from Microsoft. See Below. Basically your kid has to use an app before you can add it to the blocked list. Doesn't that defy the purpose of having safety features for a child?

Besides... I used my child's account and opened Chrome, yet it still DID NOT show up in their activity list in order to block it. NOW WHAT?

FROM MICROSOFT

Blocking specific apps is possible with the Microsoft Account's Family Safety Feature. To block a specific application on your child's account, it is a requirement that the app must be used by your child, so that it will appear in under the Recent Activity
    list. For your child's security, you can log in as the child and launch the app to satisfy this requirement.

Follow these steps to successfully block specific applications:

1. Visit the Microsoft Family website and then sign in your Microsoft Account.
    2. Click the account of the child that you want to block from using an app.
    3. Select Recent Activity.
    4. Click to ensure that Activity Reporting is turned on.
    5. Scroll down and look for Apps & Games.
    6. Choose the apps that you want to block on your child's account.
    7. Click Block to block usage of the app.

msquaredonline, Dec 27, 2021
  4. Child can access apps that I've blocked in Family Saftey

Family Safety App Blocking Not Working

Hi Mike,

Let's make sure that the apps you mentioned are properly blocked to ensure that your kids will not be able to access it. To do that , follow the steps below:

• Click App, games & media.
    • Toggle on the Block inappropriate apps and games option.
    • Under Limit apps, games, and media from Store, click the drop-down list to adjust the restriction.
    • In the Blocked apps & games list, check if Google Chrome is included.

Let us know if your child is still able to do some search even though it's already blocked so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Dec 27, 2021
Thema:

Child can access apps that I've blocked in Family Saftey

1. Child can access apps that I've blocked in Family Saftey - Similar Threads - Child access apps

2. family saftey

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    family saftey: my child is able to leave the family group by adjusting his age above 18 in his microsoft account, so as to get leave family group option. what should i do to prevent this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-saftey/5e76e33f-7a7d-4681-8e93-ad881bba9456
  3. family saftey

in Windows 10 Gaming
    family saftey: my child is able to leave the family group by adjusting his age above 18 in his microsoft account, so as to get leave family group option. what should i do to prevent this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-saftey/5e76e33f-7a7d-4681-8e93-ad881bba9456
  4. family saftey

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Child can access apps that I've blocked in Family Saftey

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Child can access apps that I've blocked in Family Saftey: I've blocked the "Family Safety" app on my teenager's phone to prevent him from opening the app and turning off the "activity reporting" feature.This worked at the time. Then he went out of state and came back and I tested it when he got back. The only app I have blocked, he...
  6. Child can access apps that I've blocked in Family Saftey

Child can access apps that I've blocked in Family Saftey: I've blocked the "Family Safety" app on my teenager's phone to prevent him from opening the app and turning off the "activity reporting" feature.This worked at the time. Then he went out of state and came back and I tested it when he got back. The only app I have blocked, he...
  7. Minecraft app is blocked in Family Safety but child can still access it

Minecraft app is blocked in Family Safety but child can still access it: I used to be able to set time limits for my child's use of the Minecraft app, but now the time limits are not working, and even if I block the app, he still can use it without a problem. I have already tried recommended fixes including verifying his account and removing and...
  8. Minecraft app is blocked in Family Safety but child can still access it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft app is blocked in Family Safety but child can still access it: I used to be able to set time limits for my child's use of the Minecraft app, but now the time limits are not working, and even if I block the app, he still can use it without a problem. I have already tried recommended fixes including verifying his account and removing and...
  9. Minecraft app is blocked in Family Safety but child can still access it

10. family saftey

family saftey: so my kid has only had her windows laptop two day and this family saftey has blocked every web site every game that she is unable to use her laptop i called there help line and there answer was here a search list for you to look up the problem that you have been looking up...