Windows 10: Child can make a purchase on my account with their own pin!

Discus and support Child can make a purchase on my account with their own pin! in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have a family 360 subscription and a Gamepass ultimate for the family Xbox. The kids want to play Minecraft Java edition, thats included in the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Lars Christian Nygård, Apr 23, 2023.

1. Child can make a purchase on my account with their own pin!

I have a family 360 subscription and a Gamepass ultimate for the family Xbox. The kids want to play Minecraft Java edition, thats included in the gamepass subscription. However, to play the java edition I have to log my account in on the microsoft store. That would be semi OK, but there is a MAJOR bug. Even though I've set that purchases on my account should ask for my password or pin, my daughter can make purchases in the Microsoft store using her own pin.Luckily I've discovered this before my kids made purchases for thousands on my credit card.Worst of all, I can't remove my credit card from

:)

Lars Christian Nygård, Apr 23, 2023

2. Better management of "child accounts" needed for purchases

Both myself and my daughter have Windows Phones, however I have set her account up as a child account. Normally I have the setting for "Purchases" disabled, however the process to buy apps on her account when needed is incredibly tedious.

1. Sign in as child on the zune.net website

2. Enable Purchases

3. Sign in as Parent to authorise the change

4. Wait *ages* for the change to take effect

5. Go back to the app store and buy the app (or wait if the change isn't in effect yet)

6. Once installed, repeat steps 1-4 to disable purchases again

7. Hope in the meantime your child hasn't taken the opportunity to buy lots of other stuff as well Child can make a purchase on my account with their own pin! :)

It would be really great if a different system could be implemented. How about:

• Child tries to buy the app, a notification goes to the parent to "approve" the purchase, or;
    • The parent is able to manage child accounts directly under their own zune.net account and can buy "on behalf of...". or;
    • When the child tries to buy an app, it just prompts at that time for the parent to login to "sign for" and approve the purchase
    I love the option to have and manage child accounts and the family security settings, but this particular process is really painful.

Regards,

Scott.

Scott_Williams, Apr 23, 2023
  3. Better management of "child accounts" needed for purchases

jeromeHarrison, Apr 23, 2023
  4. Jan123 Win User

Child can make a purchase on my account with their own pin!

Child Account Get Greyed Out

Thanks for the suggestion, but I did the following instead.

I have another laptop, 2 weeks old, with Windows 10 Home on it.

On that one, I tried the same steps with the child account, and got the exact same results.

Jan123, Apr 23, 2023
Thema:

Child can make a purchase on my account with their own pin!

1. Child can make a purchase on my account with their own pin! - Similar Threads - Child purchase account

2. Minecraft parent purchase for child accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft parent purchase for child accounts: Hi,I've purchased Minecraft Deluxe bundle for my kids to use. I can install it on their accounts using Microsoft Store, but as Minecraft now requires Minecraft Launcher to launch the game previously it was a separate app you started; Minecraft Java Edition it is no longer...
  3. Minecraft parent purchase for child accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft parent purchase for child accounts: Hi,I've purchased Minecraft Deluxe bundle for my kids to use. I can install it on their accounts using Microsoft Store, but as Minecraft now requires Minecraft Launcher to launch the game previously it was a separate app you started; Minecraft Java Edition it is no longer...
  4. Child can make a purchase on my account with their own pin!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Child can make a purchase on my account with their own pin!: I have a family 360 subscription and a Gamepass ultimate for the family Xbox. The kids want to play Minecraft Java edition, thats included in the gamepass subscription. However, to play the java edition I have to log my account in on the microsoft store. That would be semi...
  5. Child can make a purchase on my account with their own pin!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Child can make a purchase on my account with their own pin!: I have a family 360 subscription and a Gamepass ultimate for the family Xbox. The kids want to play Minecraft Java edition, thats included in the gamepass subscription. However, to play the java edition I have to log my account in on the microsoft store. That would be semi...
  6. Child account making purchases on my store account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Child account making purchases on my store account: I have a win10 machine with my account as admin and my daughter's account allowed to log in as a standard user. Because I have GamePass Ultimate and I have bought a couple of games, I've set the microsoft store account on her login to use my login. That all works fine and...
  7. Minecraft Parent purchase for child accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Parent purchase for child accounts: Hello, If I purchase Minecraft, can my lined children accounts access the game from their devices? Any links that can explain teh process will be helpful. Thanks, Anand...
  8. No Activity Reports on Child's Own Account

No Activity Reports on Child's Own Account: I have not been able to see activity since connecting my child's Windows 10 laptop a few days ago. I have followed all of the recommendations as describedhere, however I see absolutely no activity in my dashboard. I did have to verify my child's account as directed in the...
  9. Remove my own child account from an adult account

Remove my own child account from an adult account: I am 17 years old and got a new laptop for my birthday. Signed into my Microsoft account and noticed under "Family" that I am listed as a child under a person that is not my parent. How do I remove myself from their adult account so that they can't control my restrictions and...
  10. How to prevent child accounts from making purchases on Windows Store

How to prevent child accounts from making purchases on Windows Store: Is there anyway to prevent a child's account from making purchases from the Windows Store? I asked the MS Community for help but the only response I received was to "remove the account from the family". If I do this, then they are no longer able to log into the computer. Is...