Windows 10: Child cannot use credit to purchase minecoin

Discus and support Child cannot use credit to purchase minecoin in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a child as part of my Microsoft family. On that account, they must ask any time they want to purchase something. I gave one child a $10 credit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MinionFactory, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Child cannot use credit to purchase minecoin

I have a child as part of my Microsoft family. On that account, they must ask any time they want to purchase something. I gave one child a $10 credit to use when they see fit.

Family / Child computer

1. In Minecraft Windows 10 Edition, click on the coin in the top right to purchase more coins. Currently a credit of 40 coins so it worked before.

2. Click on the $5.99 option to purchase more coins.

3. Click ask for permission to purchase coins.

Go to parent computer

4. Click Allow the purchasing of the minecoins.

*** Get prompted to add funds to the account.

There already is a $10 credit on the account, why can't I use that?

5. Call Microsoft and try and get them to help out why I can't use the credit. They couldn't figure it out. I was on the phone with them for an hour.

6. Call again to ask for a refund.

--- Refunds are not available for credits.

I have no idea what to do now. Microsoft has $10 I can no longer get back, nor use.

:)

MinionFactory, Oct 5, 2018

2. Child cannot use credit to purchase minecoin

I have a child as part of my Microsoft family. On that account, they must ask any time they want to purchase something. I gave one child a $10 credit to use when they see fit.

Family / Child computer

1. In Minecraft Windows 10 Edition, click on the coin in the top right to purchase more coins. Currently a credit of 40 coins so it worked before.

2. Click on the $5.99 option to purchase more coins.

3. Click ask for permission to purchase coins.

Go to parent computer

4. Click Allow the purchasing of the minecoins.

*** Get prompted to add funds to the account.

There already is a $10 credit on the account, why can't I use that?

5. Call Microsoft and try and get them to help out why I can't use the credit. They couldn't figure it out. I was on the phone with them for an hour.

6. Call again to ask for a refund.

--- Refunds are not available for credits.

I have no idea what to do now. Microsoft has $10 I can no longer get back, nor use.

MinionFactory, Oct 5, 2018
  3. Child account without Credit Card verification

Hi,

We appreciate all the information you've provided. We would like to isolate this concern for you. Kindly answer these questions:

• Are there any error codes/messages preventing you from performing the action?
    • What steps are you trying to do in order to add the credit card to the child account? Do you experience similar issue with other browsers as well?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    Moreover, we suggest that you try to add the child account in this
    link

Let us know if you have additional questions.

PreciousLeb, Oct 5, 2018
  4. Child cannot use credit to purchase minecoin

Can't purchase apps on phone, adding credit card...

I have the exact same problem as heatherko.

Tried the 4 steps above and when I sign in to billing.microsoft.com I can see my credit card properly listed as a payment method.

But I cannot see it from zune.net, nor can I use it to purchase anything on marketplace as it keeps telling me there is no credit card on file.

Please try to sort this out. It is a very frustrating problem.

Stelios Mintsidis, Oct 5, 2018
Thema:

Child cannot use credit to purchase minecoin

1. Child cannot use credit to purchase minecoin - Similar Threads - Child cannot credit

2. Unable to purchase minecoins

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to purchase minecoins: I need help.Whenever i want to purchase minecoins in the marketplace, I click on the pack that I want. Then a pop-up appears with that you are trying to acces sensitive information and asks to enter in your password. I do that and then it closes that and opens up a black...
  3. Unable to purchase minecoins

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to purchase minecoins: I need help.Whenever i want to purchase minecoins in the marketplace, I click on the pack that I want. Then a pop-up appears with that you are trying to acces sensitive information and asks to enter in your password. I do that and then it closes that and opens up a black...
  4. Online Purchase Using Credit Card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Online Purchase Using Credit Card: I tried to purchase some items from a vendor in the UK. I live in the USA. Each time I tried; I was blocked. Finally, the message stated too many tries. I pulled up my online credit card statement and it showed Microsoft as the vendor and showed a "0" in the pending purchase...
  5. Online Purchase Using Credit Card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Online Purchase Using Credit Card: I tried to purchase some items from a vendor in the UK. I live in the USA. Each time I tried; I was blocked. Finally, the message stated too many tries. I pulled up my online credit card statement and it showed Microsoft as the vendor and showed a "0" in the pending purchase...
  6. Online Purchase Using Credit Card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. minecoin purchase

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    minecoin purchase: I am trying to buy minecoins. when i go payment options i can not change the default address from US to my actual address in order to complete transaction. In my microsoft page I have defined my credit card and address. I have past purchases also. Why united states is coming...
  8. Child is unable to make purchase using microsoft credit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Child is unable to make purchase using microsoft credit: I have added money to my child's Microsoft account INR 999 so that he can purchase " Leo's Fortune" game on his laptop. However, whenever he tried to make the purchase, it says unable to process payment ; contact Microsoft store. Please Help....
  9. Minecoins not appearing after purchase

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecoins not appearing after purchase: Have purchased minecoins through Minecraft on Windows 10 but they do not appear and cannot use even though Microsoft account shows transaction complete. Tried singing out of windows and xbox live, restarted PC etc. with no luck. All of my pocket money has been wasted please...
  10. Child cannot use credit to purchase minecoin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Child cannot use credit to purchase minecoin: I have a child as part of my Microsoft family. On that account, they must ask any time they want to purchase something. I gave one child a $10 credit to use when they see fit. Family / Child computer 1. In Minecraft Windows 10 Edition, click on the coin in the top right to...